Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author LeSourdesville Lake (Ohio)
BigJohnWC

8/27/2002 3:32:00 PM
Okay .. my opinions on this park may be biased because I literally grew up here from 1978 to 1983 and from 1991 to 1995 ... but this was my first trip since it reopened with the new owners.

The park was relatively clean, no complaints there and the ride ops were VERY friendly and sociable (I must say, I'll take flirtatious teenage and mid-twenty girls any day over the downbeat ops at Six Flags ;-) ) The rides were lit up splendidly at night, I can only hope more lights are added over the off-season (that is still one of the great magics of any park .. COMING ALIVE at night)

The SERPANT coaster is a decent mouse coaster, and will surprise you in how much fun it can be. There's even a head chopper as you pass below the previous drop hill. THE SCREECHIN' EAGLE is still one of the great wooden coasters of all time (THE RAVEN wishes it could be this good). Got to expereince this ride in both the back seat and the front seat, and beware of that ejector air in the front seat IT"S WILD!! We actually rode used out last set of tickets to ride the front seat at the end of the night ... only to be pleasantly surprised with 7 additional rides from the very seat. The ride ops merely slowed us through the braking station and then let the train roll through ... JUST AWESOME!!!

The Music Express was thumping and many of the classic rides are still there (like the ELECTRIC RAINBOW, CALYPSO, TILT-A-WHIRL, and LOGGER'S RUN, a truly great log flume). Only thing I still truly miss is the TRABRAUNT ride, god that was fun!

All in all .. I'm glad to have this park back and open, it's a great getaway spot and perfect for families or teenagers/thrillseekers just seeking an evenings (not a full days) entertainment.

mrceagle

10/14/2002 11:18:00 AM
Park sounds clasic. I'll have tomake plans to go when I go to Ceder point. hit a couple parks in one trip.

Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics