Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney Park, 2-4-05
Cyclonic

2/4/2005 7:32:37 PM
I know, how can I go to Dorney in the winter, right? Well, today I got the chance to do a wintertime tour of the park, getting lots of photos of Hydra, which looks absolutly awesome, as well as learning some news.

First, the news. As most know, Skyscraper is gone. The upcharge ride in its place is going to be an S&S Screaming Swing. And it is not really going to be in its place, but instead going to be up next to the Wild Mouse, on the Talon side.

OK, Now the photos, snow covered rides on a nice day:

Oh, you probably wanted to see Hydra, huh:

That cobra roll looks almost bent in on itself, awesome.

That is the JoJo Roll. Notice how it is nearly level with the station.

The ride makes great use of the terrain on the back end.

Well, I think that will wet everyone's appetite.

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

Coaster Events Page

If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness. -Theodore Roosevelt

JEB '08

Hercules

2/4/2005 7:54:09 PM
Nice job Cyclonic. I went down before I went back home and took a few pics from the back road. It was just before the track was done. I haven't gotten a chance to get back there since though, so that was an absolute treat. I knew about the Screaming Swing, but that is a shock that it won't be in the place of the Skyscraper. Interesting. Did you happen to notice if they had done anything with the footers from Hercules, or are they still in the lake? The Screaming Swings are going to be an upcharge, right? And, I'm sure you'll be there on opening day, right? Anyway, nice work - I'm jealous.

And with that news, it seems as though they might have some long term plans for that area over there. I have heard a lot of grumblings about a 2009 coaster, but of course, that is a lot of speculation. So this leaves the door wide open. I say, let's just be happy with what there is now.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers
Message updated 2/4/2005 8:09:12 PM by Hercules
larrygator

2/4/2005 10:13:00 PM
thanks Cyclonic, another excellent informative post

--------------------
It's not a choice between war and peace. It's a choice between war and something much worse.
Message updated 2/4/2005 10:13:32 PM by larrygator
BobFunland

2/4/2005 11:19:55 PM
Nice pics Cyclonic, and you are certainly right, Hydra plays with the land well. I think this angle would have been hard to get, but this pic really shows it well.

The Thunder Canyon pic looks pretty, and I like the colors of Hydra in one after Thunder Canyon, I don't know why, but it just looks better
Red Rascal

2/5/2005 9:39:18 AM
Great photos! Does anyone here know Josh Hilbert, one of the managers at Dorney?
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics