Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hershey Park in the Dark 10-30-04
Chet

10/30/2004 11:22:21 PM
Well, i just got back from Hershey Park in the Dark... and I must say it was great.

I went with my 2 cousins, my aunt and uncle, and my mom, dad, and my one friend, who loves coasters. The drive from our house is about 2 hours, so we just made up some weird games becuase we were so bored from the drive. We got into some crazy fog on the way down... you couldn't see 10 feet ahead of you, and we were going mad slow.

We got to the park at around 2:30. Not too bad, since it opened at 2:00. We had a plan: go straight to the back of the park first, and then work our way up to the front. The GP will do the exact oppisite, we thought.

Well, we were right.

The first ride of the day was The Claw (Raven Claw); I've always loved it. Nothing has changed since last time, and you get major positive G's on the bottom of the swing. We got a good seat and were at the top when it spun around.

We walked down to Lightning Racer (Wicked Racer), and it turns out that Lightning always wins. Since my friend and I were separated from the non- rollercoaster riders, I took Thunder and he took Lightning. We both got the front row, and it was only a 1-car wait. The front row on this coaster is amazing... and the air going over the first couple hills is superb. I'd much rather Wildcat; the bumpy throw-you-around coaster, but this is still a great ride. Lightning won, and he had bragging rights.

We decided since the wait was so short, we'd go on again; this time the same car. We chose Lightning, and then Mike got the brilliant idea of "Why don't we keep our eyes closed the whole way?"... and that's what we did. And wow, was it insane. People keep their eyes closed because they're scared, but it's actually scarier when you do this. You can't prepare yourself for what's coming next. I loved every second of it.

After we were pumped up from the rides, we went straight across the midway to Wilcat (Scaredy Cat), and there was absolutely NO ONE in the queue. Not a single person. We walked right into the front row, and then we dispatched. The whole train to ourselves....

Up the lift, and no where to go but down... and on top of it all, they oiled the track.

They're not kidding when they say "Wild"cat. The ride is so bumpy and rough it feels like you're getting a massage. Huge pops of airtime everywhere, and alot better than last time I rode it. I'll change my rating from a 2 to a 9. Great coaster... very great coaster.

Well, we went on again, this time in the very back with our eyes closed. Back... is... insanity. You get whipped around corners and thrown around like a rag doll everywhere else. You can't prepare yourself when your eyes are closed, so it's even worse. I love love love it.

Now that we were knocked unconsious, we decided to go on the less thrilling rides for once. None better than Storm Runner. cool.gif

There was a moderate wait for this: about 10 minutes. It was about 4:00 by now and was going to get dark in a couple hours; the main time to get on coasters. Well, SR is by far the best and most intense coaster in the park; maybe in the state. In the very back you get lifted so high out of your seat when you're descending the tophat it's amazing. My cell phone almost dropped out of my pocket when I went through the heartline: good thing it didn't.

Now this is very unlucky. My dad and uncle were going on right after me (we just happened to bump into them), and it broke down... the second we got off. They were next in line, and it broke down. How bad would that suck? Well, they came down from the station with sad looks on their faces, and I knew what had happened. Better luck next time.

We went toward Mine Town and Comet Hollow, and took a spin on the Great Bear (Great Scare). Again, just a station wait. 5 minutes for the front seat, so that's what we did. It is so much better in the front than in any other seat on the whole ride. The view is spectacular, and everything is faster (or so it seems) and more intense.
Chet

11/20/2004 2:13:06 PM
No one cares :cry:
Chet

11/20/2004 2:13:15 PM
No one cares :cry:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics