Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author SFGAdv 10/22/04
Horizons12

10/25/2004 12:03:05 AM
I was expecting a nice crowd free day at Six Flags Great Adventure. It was cold, windy, and just blah. On the roadway into the parking areas I come around the bend and see the parking lot with A LOT of cars!!!! WHAT?! Ok, I walk to the gate and see a lot of people standing in lines to get an admission ticket. Again: WHAT?! The season pass gate which is normally devoid of people is packed. WHAT?!
Ok something's wrong. I walk past the fountain on Main Street and see a sign that says "Mick Foley book signing 5-7." OH! Maybe that's the reason! I walk past the gazebo to see if he was there, no Mick but a line was present.

So I go and take a ride on the Chiller (15 minute wait in the station.) I was surprised, as many others were, to smell POT in the station! WTF? Stupid people, too bad they didn't get caught. Batman was open btw which was a nice change...even though it was open last time I went. Robin was all I was riding for like 2 years prior to 3 Fridays ago.

I passed by Batman: the Ride and looked at Nitro's line, It was a wait that used one side of the maze. Too long for me since I've been spoiled these past few times! I walked back to the gazebo to see Mick Foley signing books. He was promoting a children's book that he wrote and the only way to meet him was to buy the book. Since I would not read it I opted to just take a picture as proof of seeing Mick in person and went on my way knowing that he would be at SFGAdv at another time (I wouldn't be surprised if he was at the Kingda Ka opening.)

I went to Medusa and was greeted with a station wait. Very nice! I went past the closed (again) Viper, past Rolling Thunder that was running the crappy right side. I went to the Boardwalk and went on Twister. After that I went on Scream Machine ("many free row" station wait.) Superman line was mobbed, so I made my way to the front of the Boardwalk again and I watched the 2 man freak show for a bit. Over my 3 visits during FF I've stopped to watch this show for a little everytime and I think I've watched the entire show now in 3 segments lol.

I went to the Spinmeister for a spin on my favorite Enterprise. Walked over to a store in Movietown and bought the Batman & Robin: The Chiller shirt that I saw on sale for $9.98. What a deal for an SF shirt! It fits perfectly too! I decided I had had enough for the day and left. Before I left I looked at the Kingda Ka shirts they had in the General Store. They were all X-large and 2X but 14 bucks! I asked if they had any other sizes but that was it. I bet they have all the stupid sizes on sale now for 14 bucks and when KK is built, the'll have medium/large shirts for like 30 bucks...

I had a fun time anyway. Next Friday will be my last trip to SF for the season!

--------------------
"if it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space." -Contact

"Only a shem would call the animals at the Popcorn Park Zoo 'retarded!'" -The Jersey Guys
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics