Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author kings island fear fest oct 10
coaster05

10/21/2004 2:49:59 PM
I started this trip by having a nice breakfast at waffle house. If your from northern Indiana you know that these wonderful dining establishments can only be found south of us, although i did eat at a couple in Penn.

Upon entering the park we picked up our 2005 season passes since i will also be visiting kings dominion over spring break. Went to the faceoff because i hate boomerangs and wanted to add it to my coaster count so of course it was broke. We then had a short wait for delirium which is now my new favorite flat. Went to the son of beast where the lap bar was so tight my legs went numb and the ride beat my kidneys so bad that i thought i would be peeing blood. the ride itself is not terrible its just so average. Rode top gun again i swear everytime it gets shorter. then rode drop zone wearing long pants thats truly hilarious if you'v e never tried it you should. Then went down the midway the decorations were excellent and i about destroyed my elbow on a punching game.

We took a quick break then got on some more rides the weather is pretty good so we knew the crowds would pick up. Rode adventure express which is always fun, however i was disapointed in the racers, flight of fear and the huge increase of people that we are starting to see. Sponge bob was funny, beast was still good although i really noticed the trim brakes. Also had skyline chilli for the first time in 5 years that was tasty.

Went through the childrens area which has several new updates since i was there. scooby doo and reptar were both pretty cool but there were people everywhere by now. It had a disney feel but not the florida sun. Waited for our first haunted house the line was 30 min+ which we would find out was pretty short. It was good with some nice scenary. My sister(26) really freaks out on these things so its fun to mess with her. We then did draculas castle motion simulator. sucked big time. The did a second haunted house back by the racer it was also very good.

Played a couple games and by now the midway is full of fog almost too much fog. we decided to wait for sleepy hollow horror. I really liked it, but it wasn't to scary however the scenary was excellent. we waited forever for it though. next we were heading to psycho path but there had been a small fire so that ended our haunted house part. we rode beast again which is always better at night. then ended up on the flyers which would be excellent if they had a longer ride time. im glad we rode them though since they are removing them from the park. we checked some other lines but it was just way too crowded. So we went and stayed at a super 8 about two miles from the park down by the beach. its a nice hotel for the price. went to the zoo the next day and I have too say the cincy zoo is excellent if you get a chance make sure you go.

overall a pretty good trip. the massive crowds took away some fun but i still rode quite a bit. the park looked very good, but i must say the souvenirs were not quite as good as in the past, maybe its the late season visit or maybe it was just too much licensed stuff but i actually bought nothing which is extremely rare for me. i look forward to going back for italian job and the waterpark this summer especially on a gold pass benefit days.

--------------------
Sometimes you can't choose. It's like heads they win, tails you gonna lose. -Poison-
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
10/21/2004 7:46:29 PM
Oh, dear...what's this news about the park removing the Flying Eagles? Tell us more, especially if you know what the future holds for them...I'm dying here.
coaster05

10/21/2004 10:05:25 PM
coasterbuzz posted a story about it i guess they are moving to carolwinds
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
10/22/2004 11:11:58 PM
Yup - I just read that. I guess it's good that they're not trashing it, but jeez, why move it at all? It's a Cincinnati original, and it had the perfect location. I learned my technique on those Scooters...it is truly a mournful day. But heck - I've never been to the Carolinas before - looks like I'm heading South sometime soon!
larrygator

10/23/2004 1:42:36 AM
Quote:
adriahna said:
Yup - I just read that. I guess it's good that they're not trashing it, but jeez, why move it at all? It's a Cincinnati original, and it had the perfect location. I learned my technique on those Scooters...it is truly a mournful day. But heck - I've never been to the Carolinas before - looks like I'm heading South sometime soon!

Carowinds is a nice park with a decent line-up of coasters. My only problem is it being in tobacco country they practically encourage patrons to smoke anywhere.

--------------------
It's not a choice between war and peace. It's a choice between war and something much worse.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
10/23/2004 2:01:05 PM
Yikes. As if most parks weren't bad enough - considering all the time I spent in lines around smokers at KI as a teenager, it's amazing I don't have lung cancer already...
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics