Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 4 of 4 ] 1  2  3  [ 4 ]
Author Whats your favorite flat??
penguin22

4/3/2005 11:54:33 AM
Rodeo Srtampede at SFGAdv. That is just pure madness. I love flat rides more then rollercoasters. Ouch I said it. I'm ready for the outburst.

--------------------
Coasters are the highlights of theme parks. Flat rides are the supporting cast.
Cyclonic

4/3/2005 5:37:46 PM
Flats rock.

Horizons, you should know better then to review a ride you had never been on. I actually got luck and did ride it back in '99.
Fore91

4/3/2005 6:14:53 PM
The Aero 360 at kenny wood is my favorite flat. I like how it turns you over and gives you great airtime while not making you disoriented and sick.
BobFunland

4/3/2005 6:34:17 PM
After my most recent trip, I have a threesome at the top, though one may be downgraded a bit:

- The Carowinds Phantom Flyers, the same Flying Scooters ride which once was located at Kings Island. Though they had the rudder bumpers, they were still very much so snappable, and a blast to ride (my first set of Flying Scooters)

- The Wheelie at Six Flags Over Georgia, a great and rare Schwarzkopf enteprise that used to have a great cycle, but so far this year, the cycle time has been quite a bit shorter, so, if it keeps up, I may have to deduct a point

- Tomb Raider: Firefall, located at Kings Dominion, because few flats combine a dizzying ride with awesome special effects (fire and water) as well as Tomb Raider does

--------------------
My Online Photo Gallery with 706 photos and counting as I dig up my CD's from last summer.
My Coaster Record thanks to coastercounter.com, which is a great site. Currently, I am re-doing my site a bit, making it look nice, but it will be back soon enough.

Total Mind Bender rides: 612 2005 Mind Bender rides: 0 (Mind Bender, I need you back!)
Knoebels

4/3/2005 8:10:50 PM
I like the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman (is that a flat?) and the Comsomatron at Knoebels (nothing like good music, strobe lights, and a music express)!!!
Godsentone

4/3/2005 8:52:25 PM
I have a favorite but I can't tell you the name of it or what type of ride it is. I will describe it best I can and maybe someone will know what it is and where I can find pictures.

Ok, first of all, I rode it at a local state fair a couple of years ago and I thought that it was amazing. The ride is over 100 ft tall. It reminds you of an airplane propellor blade in shape and motion. It also resembles a single blade ferris wheel and loads/unloads in a similar fashion with some riders waiting in the air giving a great view of the city and surrounding area. Anyway, it seats a total of 8 people at a time, 4 people on each arm, with 2 people seated facing one direction with their back to the other 2 facing the other direction. Picture the seating of Face/Off @ PKI. The only restraints, I believe, are seatbelts and a front bar to hold on to, if I remember correctly. Although, I thought it turned you upside down on the flips it made. The ride turns you end over end pulling some amazing G's and flipping you giving you the feeling that you will smash into a nearby building. The ride is equally intense as it is fun and I would love for my homepark, Visionland to get one or one similar with higher ride capacity in the future.

Can anyone help me identify this ride???
Hercules

4/3/2005 9:03:01 PM
I'm guessing that the ride sounds like a skyscraper? I guess that is what it kind of sounds like.

Is this it??????

RCGenius

4/3/2005 9:16:58 PM
Skooters at Knoebels. That has gotta be the most fastest bumper cars I've ever ridden in my whole life. I make sure that I ride it at least once when I'm at Knoebels. My other favorite flat's Krazy Kars at Dorney Park because it's so unique how you handle the bumper cars with levers. It's also kinda shaped like a hover car.
Cyclonic

4/3/2005 9:18:22 PM
Quote:
Knoebels said:
I like the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman (is that a flat?) and the Comsomatron at Knoebels (nothing like good music, strobe lights, and a music express)!!!

Spiderman would be considered a darkride, a tracked ride inside a building that uses stunts and other spiecal effects to entertain riders.

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

Coaster Events Page Updated 3/29/05

If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness. -Theodore Roosevelt

Godsentone

4/3/2005 9:40:37 PM
Quote:
Hercules said:
I'm guessing that the ride sounds like a skyscraper? I guess that is what it kind of sounds like.

Is this it??????

you know what? I believe that's what it is. But the only difference is that it seat 2 seats back to back so instead of just 2 riders per arm, it had 4 for a total of 8. I would love to see them push the envelope a little and offer a larger capacity if they haven't already.

Thanks for the link.

--------------------
A Bigger, Better Vision Alive In 2005
http://www.visionland.com/
Horizons12

4/4/2005 3:54:56 PM
Quote:
Cyclonic said:
Horizons, you should know better then to review a ride you had never been on.

Yeah, I've wised up now and frown upon that activity.

--------------------
"if it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space." -Contact

Visit my website
The Domain of Death

Air America Radio
WAR2174

4/17/2005 6:59:17 PM
Tomb Raider at PKD is really cool. The special effects seperate it from most other flat rides.
Knoebels

4/18/2005 4:10:03 PM
Yeah, man. I also like the roll o planes, salt and pepper shakes, or the satellite (whatever you want to call them). And of course the skooters.
larrygator

4/18/2005 11:54:15 PM
Quote:
Knoebels said:
Yeah, man. I also like the roll o planes, salt and pepper shakes, or the satellite (whatever you want to call them). And of course the skooters.

roll-o-plane = medeival torture chamber. Just kidding, they are kinda fun and certainly are unique. I really like the sound of the motor and the machinery.

--------------------
Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".
Godsentone

5/5/2005 9:15:18 AM
Quote:
Godsentone said:
you know what? I believe that's what it is. But the only difference is that it seat 2 seats back to back so instead of just 2 riders per arm, it had 4 for a total of 8. I would love to see them push the envelope a little and offer a larger capacity if they haven't already.

Thanks for the link.

I wonder when another one of these will be built or relocated?

I know it is usually a pay-per-ride attraction, but wouldn't it be cool to ride this whenever you visited, as a season pass holder, without paying everytime???

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my homepark, Visionland, could definitely benefit from one of these. I may suggest it to the GM and President of Visionland since I now have a means of contact with both.

--------------------
Bigger, Better Vision Alive In 2005
http://www.visionland.com/

Latest Replies
Holidays Latest News Speculation Expansion Trip Reports Events
Message updated 5/5/2005 9:16:11 AM by Godsentone
zjohn1988

10/30/2005 8:27:29 PM
sorry to revive this, but when was the last skyscraper built?
Canobie Coaster

10/31/2005 6:39:51 AM
My favorite flat ride is the S&S Powers Double Shot towers. They are very fun and give extreme air-time. Some of my other favorite flats are:

*Bumper Cars (any kind)
*Moser Rides Spring Ride 10s
*Flying Skooters
*Eli Bridge Co. Scramblers
*Chance Wipeout
*Antique, Classic Carousels
*Kasper Klaus Jet Rides (Strato, Roto, ect.)
*Zamperla Power Surges
thinkdif

10/31/2005 3:26:43 PM
its hard to say what my favorite flat is. It depends on what you consider a flat. For true flats my favorites include enterprise at lake compouce and Nitro at martins fantasy island. i'll think of some more...
iScream

6/28/2006 8:17:16 PM
For thrills, I have to say Tomb Raider:Firefall.
But ya gotta love the scramblers and carousels.
Got_it

12/22/2006 4:43:34 PM
Umm Alright Spam much?

But anyway I like Top Spins.
mrceagle

12/22/2006 9:35:30 PM
Quote:
Got_it said:
Umm Alright Spam much?

But anyway I like Top Spins.

it's not Bob or Short doing this. it's some jerk. probably the same person that did this before.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Axman

1/2/2007 7:57:14 PM
I can't decide; it's eather:

Giant Frisbee- Delirium @ PKI
or
Suspended Top Spin- Rip Tide @ Knott's
Page [ 4 of 4 ] 1  2  3  [ 4 ]
Clicky Web Analytics