Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author The Thing People Love About Knoebels
Knoebels

6/30/2004 1:37:00 PM
Just two days ago, I went with three frinds to Knoebels Amusement Resort as a late b-day party. We were felling a little uneasy, as t-storms were expected from 2:30 PM on. But, this worked to our advantage, as no one was there, the lines were non-existent, and the most we got was a drizzle all day.

We got our all day wristbands, amd decided to head off towards the Phoenix. On our way, we encountered the Cosomotron, an indoor Himalayan ride with lights and music. It was OK, and the music was great (imagine spinning and listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller; a great experience). We rode, got of and slowly made our way to Phoenix Midway.

One of my friends said that he wasn't quite ready for Phoenix, and to go on something before it. So we headed to the log flume. This is truly a great ride, as I found out today. I say that cause of the picture: one friend was picking his nose, I was sleeping, and the other two were punching each other. It was a great experience.

Now, for the Super Roundup. My friend said he didn't want to go on Phoenix yet, so we saved it for later (a good decision, it turns out) and went on the Roundup. It stort to rain fairly moderate as we got on, and weren't sure if Knoebels would suspend ride activity (which they didn't)so we got on. I'm telling you, getting pelted at high-speed by rain pellets is an awesome experience, and although we were freezing our patoochies off, it still was fun.

We had decided to go back to The Skooters area, but not before blowing off about ten bucks in the arcade. Me and one of my friends hit the Galleon, and the other two went for a soda. The Galleon was a good ride as always, and after that we went on the Italian Trapeze. After that we went for lunch, and me and another friend went on the Grand Carousel two times. Alas, I never got the brass ring, but I did take a silver ring from them (shhh, don't tell anyone!!) as a dare. After that we went on the Whirlwind and the Flyers where I did get precisely six bruises. I'm telling you, I was snapping so hard when I exited (no lie) people in the entrance line said,"Can I really do that on these??!!" Then we got the Cosomotron again, and then the Twister, which was running better than ever, and finally the Phoenix, all with about ten people in the station, not including the ride ops. On the rides before us, just as the rain came out of the station, we'd high-five them, and the ride ops didn't even care. It was alot of fun.

Then we went to the Skooters. I'm telling you there was no one there just me and my friends. It was empty. These things were running better that they ever were, hitting and sideswiping like crazy. After that, we went to the Boat Tag, the thing with the tanks where you shoot foam balls at other tanks. That was the most fun I've ever had in my life!!

After that comes the reason why I titled this TR "The Thing People Love About Knoebels" You see, we went to the HSTC, or High Speed Thrill Coaster, just to ride something. The ride op was a guy named Chuck, and we will never forget him. You see, I had asked him to give us high-fives whenever we went into the sation, but he didn't do just that, he brought us around five, maybe six times. Maybe that's the reason why we went on that ride 16, yes, you read it right, 16 times. On our last time, he brought us around 12, yes, 12 times around the track. Then we had Dippin' Dots and went home. We got Chuck's autograph and even a picture. This was by far the best b-day party I'd ever had. When we got home, we played X-Box all night. But we'd never forget the man that was the awesomest man I probably will ever meet (besides adriahna, *FreeBird*, primogen18, and Cyclonic, if I ever do meet you) We will never you, Chuck!!

The End

--------------------
Ever wonder what happens when your seatbelt is nonfunctional on the Skooters at Knoebels? I don't think you want to.

**Read my trip report to Knoebels now!**

--------------------
Eve
Message updated 6/30/2004 1:44:00 PM by Knoebels
MovieCoast

6/30/2004 4:28:00 PM
I WANT TO GO TO KNOEBELS !!!!

--------------------
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"

VISIT MY COASTER SITE!!!
http://moviecoastsworld.250free.com

Coaster Count: 43
*FreeBird*

6/30/2004 4:42:00 PM
Great review.

Chuck seems like a nice guy, don't think we had him when we went.

--------------------
Attention!!!!!
Check out my band's website - Myst band
Thanks for your attention.
Message updated 6/30/2004 4:45:00 PM by *FreeBird*
Knoebels

6/30/2004 5:19:00 PM
Dude Chuck is awesome! He is sooooo cool. I think we made his day by saying things like "We love you Chuck!!" and "Dude, you rock, Chuck!" He was so awesome.
*FreeBird*

6/30/2004 10:26:00 PM
I wouldn't say we love you Chuck though.
primogen18

6/30/2004 10:28:00 PM
Excellent TR, and I love the title Im glad you had a great b-day, seems like no other better way then Knoebels! Im also glad the weather held out as well, and worked almost as an advantage (keeping alot of the "crowds" away hehe) Im not sure who was running HSTC when I go there, I'll have to pay attention next time! Plus, theres few things that can come close to an epic battle on the skooters with just you and your friends haha. And lookie, I was mentioned at the end, maybe we will run into eachother some day, as soon as I can (in college and stuff), Im hoping to practically live at Knoebels lol! Again, nice TR and happy to see you had a good time!

--------------------
"Knoebels Is Open... NOW!!, And We Have All Kinds Of Neat Fun In Store For You Thrill Seekers And Ride Riders!"
Primogen 18's Page
My Message Boards<My New Art Promotional Domain

Message updated 6/30/2004 10:31:00 PM by primogen18
*FreeBird*

6/30/2004 10:31:00 PM
Yes, that would be cool. You could meet my band and my manager.
primogen18

6/30/2004 10:32:00 PM
Yeah, that would be really cool as well! You can play at knoebels, and we'll come hehe!
Message updated 6/30/2004 10:32:00 PM by primogen18
*FreeBird*

7/1/2004 1:58:00 AM
We tried but their whole season was booked.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/1/2004 9:14:00 AM
AWESOME, Knoebels - now, that's a birthday party for the ages. I wish I'd been there - Knoebels on a misty day, with hardly anyone else around - heaven. And it sounds like the Flyers had your birthday in mind - they gave you a serious snapping experience! I used to get the same reaction back at PKI, when I was a teenager - people in line would be looking at me like I was a superhero!!! Anyhow, I'm sure we'll all get together some day - we'll be running around the park like a bunch of fools, I'm sure. Here's to Knoebels, and here's to a great birthday!!!:beer:
*FreeBird*

7/1/2004 11:15:00 AM
Is that White Birch Beer?
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/1/2004 7:05:00 PM
You know it, brother
*FreeBird*

7/1/2004 10:21:00 PM
Good old Knoebels.

Really, next year I will have my driver's licience and I'll be able to go to Knoebels more often, maybe we can all meet.
3r1c

7/1/2004 11:39:00 PM
I prefer the blue birth beer. Either way, Knoebels rocks, screw corporate parks.
Cyclonic

7/1/2004 11:42:00 PM
Monday baby!!!
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/2/2004 12:04:00 AM
Quote:
3r1c said:
I prefer the blue birth beer. Either way, Knoebels rocks, screw corporate parks.

A worker at Stoney Gables told us about the blue birch beer - I didn't get around to trying it. Is the flavor different, or is it just a gimmick for the kiddies?

--------------------
It's not a successful ride on the Flying Scooters unless you've got bruises to tell the story for you.
3r1c

7/2/2004 12:09:00 AM
I can't remember - I just remember that it was blue and looking at the cup and telling the lady I ordered a birch beer. Then she said it WAS birch beer. Boy did I feel stupid, but we got into a cool conversation about the park.
*FreeBird*

7/2/2004 12:59:00 AM
Quote:
3r1c said:

I agree. Well, at least we agree on something.
primogen18

7/2/2004 5:32:00 PM
Quote:
*FreeBird* said:
Good old Knoebels.

Really, next year I will have my driver's licience and I'll be able to go to Knoebels more often, maybe we can all meet.

yeah I get my liscense soon hopefully (im so damn lazy...) and I think I pass your area on the way lol. I need to try this blue birch beer as well, Ive made it a point the last few years, and never got to it!

*FreeBird*

7/2/2004 8:26:00 PM
I never tried it either, I only had white birch beer but blue sounds good though. I have to wait until October to get mine because of the 6 months practicing thing. Where exactly do you live?
primogen18

7/2/2004 9:41:00 PM
I live...here, heh. The boring little town of Shwenksville PA
*FreeBird*

7/3/2004 10:15:00 AM
You live about 50min away from me.
Knoebels

7/5/2004 7:12:00 PM
Wow. Sorry I haven't had a time to reply to all these, but these really are some good feedback. Ys it was a battle for the ages on the Skooters, yes the Flers were awesome while I was there, and yes I hope to see all of you guys that posted here at Knoebels. It was a "night to remember" (LOTR:TFOTR).
Knoebels

7/15/2004 2:30:00 PM
Oh and yes, one more thing. Me and my friends (screw grammar) participated in the annual high-fiving on the Phoenix. Yes it is what you think it is. While we were waiting, we high-fived everyone on the ride as they came out of the tunnel. It was awesome, and the ride ops didn't give a crap!!
*FreeBird*

7/15/2004 4:02:00 PM
Cool, Knoebels staff is like the best!
Knoebels

7/15/2004 6:08:00 PM
Quote:
primogen18 said:
I live...here, heh. The boring little town of Shwenksville PA

You think that's boring (I've been there before, it is)? Try living in the little town, population -2, of Effort, Pennsylvania. When someone gets braces, that's a town affair. But alas, thank god for Knoebels, even though it's an hour and a half, nothing's more worth it.

--------------------
Ever wonder what happens when your seatbelt is nonfunctional on the Skooters at Knoebels? I don't think you want to.

**Read my Trip Report about Knoebels Now!!**
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics