Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report
larrygator

4/6/2004 7:37:00 PM
It's going to be thorough and comprehensive to give everyone a feel for the park. I'll also post ride reviews for all the rides I rode. I was staying downtown on the Riverwalk and the cab was was 25 minutes / $27 dollars each way. I got to the park at 9:40 and headed straight to the Spassburg area (the way to Superman Krypton Coaster). A park worker held a rope to keep people out of the area until the official 10AM opening.

Superman Krypton Coaster - I got on the second to last row for the first ride of the day. Unfortunately, my cell phone fell out of my side pocket on the loop and it was wedged behind me. I spent the whole ride securing and retreiving the phone from behind me. I have no recollection of that first ride except releif that I didn't lose my phone. For the rest of the day I put to cell in my sunglass holder clipped to the belt hooks and wore the sunglasses.
For my second ride, I walked right back on the ride and got in the first row, the ride is smoother in the front and doesn't feel as fast.
For my third ride, also a walk-on I went for the last row right side. It is a little rougher laterally, faster and more air time in the back.
It's 10:35, and still a walk-on so I try the middle for the total experience.
My overall impression: great use of the quarry that the cost is built into. The first drop did nothing for me but the best element in the second inversion with with a twist to the left. If you sit on the right side you feel the centrifugal force trying to throw you out the right side of the train. One surprise that fooled me everytime was after one of the brakes it felt like the coaster launched you faster into a corkscrew.

Der Twister: I rode it because it was right next to S:KC. it was a walk-on and was much more intense than it looked. It left you hanging upside down for longer than I anticipated.

Scream: oh no! only 1 of the 3 towers is operating. I waited 15 minutes, got halfway through the queue and they announced there were further problems and there would be a delay. I got off the line and moved to the Frisbee.

Frisbee: oh my, this is turbulent. This is the first ride since the Break Dancer at Coney Island that made me wish the ride would stop. Spinning in a circle while swinging in a pendulum fashion, I felt like I was going to be sick. I regained my composure just in time for the ride to end but still thought I would loss it. I though happy thoughts but saw a girl 10 seats away had already lost. I used all my willpower to avoid the same and calmed my stomach. Now I need something tame.

Bathrooms break - the bathrooms were clean. I visited 3 different rsetrooms and on all three occasions they were cleaning and someone was either mopping the floor or nearby in cae the need arose for more cleaning.

Scooby Doo Ghostblasters: A dark ride with shooting, excellent theming, very enjoyable. It was scaring a lot of little kids. The more you shoot the louder and scarrier it gets. There was also no wait.
Scream is back running with only one tower and Poltergeist still hasn't opened. I'll head to Boomerang and then see what develops.

Boomerang - 15 minute wait, Boomerangs are always slow loaders. There was something different about the feel in the Cobra Roll but I don't know what it is.
Decided to take the train ride from Spassburg to Crackaxle Canyon.

Train Ride - waited about ten minutes for the train for a 3-4 minute ride to Crackaxle Canyon. The train goes under the Road Runner Express and The Rattler.
The Wagon Wheel (an Enterprise) had no line but I knew my stomach couldn't handle it.

Rattler: on the queue I liked that there used real blocks from the quarry (vs. fake rocks) to mold the line. There have 3 cars running, it took 5 minutes to walk through the queue and then a 10 minute wait. This is the first woodie I've seen with high seat backs.
1st ride: I go for the back seat. This ride will knock you side to side. Unfortunately you lowe
Message updated 4/7/2004 12:43:00 AM by larrygator
PKI_Fan

4/6/2004 11:48:00 PM
Sounds like a cool trip. I don't see SFFT trip reports anyhere often but this is a good one. btw, good job not losing your cell phone on the first SKC ride.
Animan1

4/14/2004 6:19:00 PM
Yeah, great job on the cell phone. That would have been a bummer. Nice TR. Sounds like a nice smaller park.
larrygator

4/14/2004 10:26:00 PM
Quote:
Animan1 said:
Yeah, great job on the cell phone. That would have been a bummer. Nice TR. Sounds like a nice smaller park.

Very nice small park and hitting it on an uncrowded day made for an even more enjoyable experience. But seriously folks, if anyone vists you must try the fresh roasted corn on the husk with extra butter, garlic salt and cayenne pepper.
sfo1

4/18/2004 6:11:00 PM
Sounds like fun, if I'm ever in Texas, I'll be sure to visit this park.
Swimace

4/20/2004 9:07:00 PM
how long were you there for? It didnt sound like very long.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics