Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 4 of 5 ] 1  2  3  [ 4 ] 5 
Author Best/Worst Six Flags Establisment
coaster05

10/28/2004 11:29:48 PM
does anyone know why sfgam is so good and so many others suck so bad
Hercules

10/29/2004 12:04:32 PM
I don't know why SFGAM is so good, since I've never been there. But Six Flags is a corporation in turmoil... no good mission statement, horrible training, debt up their butt... which all comes down to bad management.
coaster05

10/29/2004 12:59:18 PM
you would think they would just adopt the policies of there best parks(gam,georgia and over texas i hear) and just say the rest of you are going to do it like this or you're fired and we'll find someone who will do it.
BobFunland

10/29/2004 1:11:24 PM
SFOG and SFOT are better than others because SF is just a limited partnership with investors, and they aren't completely owned by SFInc., and they have to hold an obligation to the other ownership to contribute and improve those parks. At least thats what Ive heard.
Message updated 10/29/2004 1:11:50 PM by BobFunland
coaster05

10/29/2004 2:00:43 PM
yeah that makes some sense but since they are all grouped together by name recognition you still think they could do something more
coaster05

11/2/2004 8:25:01 AM
going on my name recognition bringing the park down did ya see they had fights at texas and great adv. gee do you think the lack of security might contribute to that. also isn't nice to know that idiots who get in fights at amusement parks could eventually ruin or at least restrict fright fest. things like this are why i have such a distatste for people. why can't people just go have fun and not ruin it for others.

--------------------
Sometimes you can't choose. It's like heads they win, tails you gonna lose. -Poison-

coaster count - 124
BobFunland

11/2/2004 9:37:54 AM
Yes, I heard about that and to me it is strange that it happened at two different SF parks around the same time. Really coincidental to me...
Cyclonic

11/2/2004 11:46:26 AM
Evidentally they had some major problems at Six Flags America on Sat. as well.

As for Great Adventure, I went up there at about 6:00 and they were parking people in the water park lot, and that was filling up quick. People were just pouring into the park. I did not stay, word is waits were better then two hours for the major coasters, and line jumping was rampent. People were just getting frustrated, and you can understand why. I don't think SF anticipated such crowds, they are unusual for the closing weekend, last year the place was empty.

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

Watch FREE the movie John Kerry doesn't want you to see.

Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal

coaster05

11/2/2004 12:24:35 PM
yea the fright fests this year seemed to draw large crowds must be because of the warm october
larrygator

11/2/2004 4:43:04 PM
Quote:
Cyclonic said:
Evidentally they had some major problems at Six Flags America on Sat. as well.

As for Great Adventure, I went up there at about 6:00 and they were parking people in the water park lot, and that was filling up quick. People were just pouring into the park. I did not stay, word is waits were better then two hours for the major coasters, and line jumping was rampent. People were just getting frustrated, and you can understand why. I don't think SF anticipated such crowds, they are unusual for the closing weekend, last year the place was empty.

When I got my SFGAdv season pass on Oct 9th the place was packed by 11AM. I rode Medusa twice and that was it. It was almost as crowded when I got my pass in mid-October last year
BobFunland

11/2/2004 5:22:27 PM
SFOG was fairly dead in my two Fright Fest visits, the one time we had walk-ons for pretty much every coaster, including Superman, which is generally 1-2 hours in wait.
Cyclonic

11/2/2004 5:33:40 PM
Yeah, on my Friday visits SFGAdv has been pretty slow too. I never go on a Sat.
mrceagle

11/7/2004 8:41:10 PM
The origanal parks are the best. The few parks that they bought over the years like SFGAm(Mariots Great Amarica) were themed and set up with the same quality that was disired by the creater of SF. Premear Parks has always been porly run and pushing there finanses.
lencho_79

11/9/2004 9:25:47 PM
From the three SF parks that I have been to = SFGAmer, SFWof Adve, And SFMM, I think SFMM was my least favorite. SFGAmer. is my home park it has its up and down but yet i rated the park a B followed by the once SFWofAdventure. everyone has a bad say about the park, yet i went to it its last season from chicago and enjoyed the park totally. I spent two days at the park and enjoyed every moment except thehigh priced food. It was clean, freindly staff, and great use of landscape. SFMM is just know for its coaster but need more of an amusement touch. If SFWofAdventure was still open i would go back every now and then
sfo1

11/10/2004 4:35:12 PM
It is still open, it changed to Geauga Lake.

SFWOA Now Geauga Lake
mrceagle

11/10/2004 6:38:51 PM
Quote:
larrygator said:
I hear you - I went to Riverside Park back in 1990 back when the Cyclone was still rated the top woodie by ACE

They have done so much to hurt this coaster. It use to be intence. now it's only a jock. the rides slow barly making it over it high second/third hill section when I road a couple weeks ago. I can't beleave they have that little respect for there rides and there customers.
mrceagle

11/10/2004 6:41:17 PM
Quote:
sfo1 said:
It is still open, it changed to Geauga Lake.

SFWOA Now Geauga Lake

Yes it is still open but it's owned by CP now. As you can see they are puting allot into the park.
PKD_Fan

11/13/2004 7:08:35 PM
The only Six Flags park I have been to are SFA, SFGAdv, SFOG, and SFNE. The order I put them in is this:
1: SFOG
2: SFGadv
3: SFNE
4: SFA
mrceagle

11/14/2004 4:37:40 PM
Quote:
PKD_Fan said:
The only Six Flags park I have been to are SFA, SFGAdv, SFOG, and SFNE. The order I put them in is this:
1: SFOG
2: SFGadv
3: SFNE
4: SFA

So what for you mad SFNE better then SFAm
PKD_Fan

11/14/2004 7:16:25 PM
In my opinion SFA's only good ride is Roar while SFNE has S:RoS and the floorless (I forgot what it was called). Also I think that SFA has a lot worse of a crowd and staff.
Message updated 11/14/2004 8:26:31 PM by PKD_Fan
skierman

11/14/2004 9:20:35 PM

Quote:
They have removed every remnant of Riverside even where it wasn't needed.

Yeah, i know what you mean. They Added two unnesscessary towers to the Hellevator (Even though the have 3 towers, they only actually use one of them at a time)

Also, to my last visit there, i noticed that they dont have the old riverside hurse. Its a shame. Also, not to mention them killing Cyclone.

--------------------
S:RoS is NOT worthy of a 10. IT SUCKS NOW!!! Ill rate it as a 7... Im so dissapointed...

//theprimogen.proboards30.com
^^
JOIN THEM!
mrceagle

11/14/2004 11:39:03 PM
Quote:
PKD_Fan said:
In my opinion SFA's only good ride is Roar while SFNE has S:RoS and the floorless (I forgot what it was called). Also I think that SFA has a lot worse of a crowd and staff.

Thanks for the responce! I can agree that with Superman(no longer the prime ride it was) and Batmanark Night, you might find SFNE better then SFAm.

I would think SFAm's lines are worse do to the lack of local compitition.

BobFunland

11/14/2004 11:41:11 PM
Uh... how could you say that SRoS at SFNE was a good ride, but not the one at SRA???
larrygator

11/14/2004 11:52:37 PM
The attitude of the staff is enough to really sour someone on SFA. Crowds are prevalent as two major metro areas are within one hour of the park. I for one adore the coaster line-up at SFA.
ABR

2/22/2005 3:38:14 AM
My last few visits to Six Flags America wern't all that bad. No coaster had more than a 45 minute wait (batwing and Superman) and Roar, Wild One, Mind Eraser, and Joker's Jinx were walk ons. And one of the visits was on a Saturday. Although keep this in mind, Washington DC (I live south of DC) also has Kings Dominion. It may be farther, but it's much bigger. That really draws a good bit of DC (particularily the southern parts) away from SFA. Also, Batimore kind of has Hershey to the North.
mrceagle

2/23/2005 3:07:40 PM
SFA Superman has nearly as much straight track at is dose anythign else. at least SFNE's has a veriaty of elements.
WAR2174

8/13/2005 11:56:15 PM
Now that the summer is almost over, I am curious if anyone has changed their minds about certain Six Flags parks. I have heard good things about Great Adventure and Great America. I wonder if any have gotten worse.
Thoughts?
larrygator

8/14/2005 12:08:49 AM
SFGAdv is my home park but I had not been there since Easter Sunday. I went Friday August 12 and boy was I impressed.

1 - The Golden Kingdom theming is great. There were even lining up for people to see the Tiger Show.

2 - Customer Service was very good all day

3 - Security was very visible and I saw very few incidents.

4 - Landscaping was upkept throughout the park

5 - Gift shops had decent t-shirts that were SFGAdv relevant.

6 - Sweepers all around picking up garbage.

The only real negative was ride operations with were very slow on all coasters except KK. Medusa, Nitro, Rolling Thunder, Chiller were all slow.

Lastly, they removed my favorite eating establishment from the Boardwalk area. I didn't know what to do when I got a Jamaican Meat Pattie hankering.
mrceagle

8/15/2005 5:00:37 PM
Quote:
WAR2174 said:
Now that the summer is almost over, I am curious if anyone has changed their minds about certain Six Flags parks. I have heard good things about Great Adventure and Great America. I wonder if any have gotten worse.
Thoughts?

SFNE has goten worse since the begining of the year. they wre keeping things clean and staffed but it's not now.
BobFunland

8/15/2005 5:46:04 PM
Piggybacking on Larry here, time for an update I suppose.

Coaster Line-up (based on quality and maintenance)
SFOG - yep, insert "fanboy" remarks below, but few parks have such a high percentage of good-great coasters in terms of quality. Ninja is the only one that really sucks, the mine train and kiddie coaster are among the best of their respective types, and then you have Batman, Mindbender, Superman, the Vu, GASM, Cyclone and Scorcher, all of which are generally pretty good. Notice the heading was quality and maintenence, only the Vu has real issues, which are pretty much resolved.

SFGAdv - Very good line up but with a few weak links. The diversity is there, and there are some very good rides at the top (Nitro, Medusa, Batman, Chiller, Ka) but then you get a bunch of not-so-good rides: the mine train was weak, GASM stunk, SUF isnt as good as its southern cousin and then you have Rolling Thunder, which many hate but at least seems to be on the rebound.

SFMM - tied for the world's largest, it too has some stunning rides in X, Riddler's, Scream and the Vu when working. Goliath is pretty good too, and Ninja and the mine train are among the best of their respected-yet-lame categories, but it just didn't strike me as better than the two aforementioned parks. Maybe I need another trip to refresh my mind.

SFNE - world class hyper, fun family ride named after a fun character, a decent B&M and a better-than-average SLC, plus a ultra-fun ?water coaster"? That makes up for a lack of volume.

SFDL - Superman saves this park from being in the basement, in a park that has your typical (meaning crappy) SLC and Boomerang, an ok Arow multi-looper and a POS woodie.

SFAW - too many hand-me-downs and crappy coasters (Ultra Twister, Mayan Mindbender, the SLC) that trump the great Texas Cyclone. Perhaps if it still had the Thriller in an un-neutered state, it would be ahead of DL (because it would then reclaim the record for park with the most Anton's )

Non-Coasters
SFGadv - the volume helps a lot, as does having an Enteprise
SFDL - some decent flats that are run pretty well
SFOG - our collection is weak, but the park is trying to improve that. Good kids section, nice carousel, an enteprise and a great drop tower. The Great Gasp was a nice centerpiece as well RIP
SFMM - far too many rides closed, they lacked some nice, modern thrill machines
SFAW - this park sucks. I do want to try SWAT though.

I can't rate SFNE at all.

Atmosphere (to me professionalism of the staff creates happy customers)
SFOG - probably what I like best about the park. Nice setting, good themeing, pleasant staff.
SFGadv - very good in all of the same attributes at OG. I rate them about the same overall.
SFNE - I was pleasantly suprised byt he atmosphere at NE. It looked well-kept and the staff was fairly good too.
SFDL - not too good... lacking trees, too much pavement, and the staff wasnt too friendly. However, it has improved this year.
SFMM - taking a cue from South Central, the place is like a barrio
SFAW - this park sucks.

Quality of Food (this is based on the best meal, plus snacks I had in each park)
SFGadv - I really liked both meal, the calzone and the cheesesteak. It was a bit more expensive though, but I'd rather pay more for good than more for crap)
SFOG - good food. The BBQ at Miner's and the Mexican at El Jalapeno are among the best chain food eateries Ive been to.
SFNE - those buffalo chicken strips rocked, too bad my girlfriend got sick b/c of them. They were delicious.
SFMM - fairly decent pasta at the one place, and as Larry noted, Churros galore.
SFDL - not much special here. They did have a tasty icee-like drink/snack that was only 99c to fill up a souvenir bottle with.
SFAW - this park sucks.

Here is how I would rank them overall:
SFOG/SFGadv - a tie overall and very good parks.
SFNE - Not too bad and certainyl not as bad as some people have made it
Page [ 4 of 5 ] 1  2  3  [ 4 ] 5 
Clicky Web Analytics