Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 5 ] 1  [ 2 ] 3  4  5 
Author Best/Worst Six Flags Establisment
BobFunland

8/14/2003 10:31:00 PM
I agree- you can only take so much. No matter how good the rides are, if the staff is unfriendly (most SF parks) and the park is disgusting (see Astroworld) the whole experience can be ruined.
Horizons12

8/14/2003 10:39:00 PM
Quote:
primogen18 said:
(im not saying this has ever happened to me before but) so if while you were getting on a nice huge mega-coaster that takes you to the outer reaches of excitement and thrills, you would be fine with some punk constantly screaming at you to move faster when your already practially running when entering and exiting the ride? Then, while hurrying from mega-coaster to top notch thrill ride, making your way through this wastland of broken concrete and beating sun, trash and dirty toilet paper ankle deep blows around your legs. An enraged worker smokes a joint sitting on a bench flciking it at your feet. When your hungry, they scream at you for bothering them and charge you 10 bucks for a bun with literal crap on it? At least that 1 minute and 20 secounds out of your day was pure bliss...would it make up for the other 3 hours or so? Yea, that was all un-neccessary, but its my 2 cents...

I'd like to vist that park one day just to get a good laugh lol

--------------------
"if it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space." -Contact

"Open the pod bay doors HAL" -2001: Space Odyessy
BobFunland

8/15/2003 12:08:00 PM
yea, Ive never experienced workers smoking and ankle-deep toilet paper, but that would be a site, not to mention "Worst...Park...Ever!"
sfo1

8/31/2003 7:09:00 PM
Yesterday when I went to WoA, the workers were friendly, and the park was clean.It was a great site to see
MFreak

9/1/2003 10:44:00 PM
Well how often do you go to an amusement park and talk to employees other than the ones at food stands? I agree with Big Red about how I go to amusement parks for thrills, and I don't talk to employees except at food stands, and they are nice people. (Atleast the ones I've talked with at GAdv.
ABR

9/2/2003 1:37:00 AM
Best: SFGA (georgia)
Worst: SFGAm
It's over crowded, workers are rude, many of the roller coasters suck (IMO)
Red Rascal

9/2/2003 3:53:00 PM
Use SFOG for the one in Georgia.
Chet

9/2/2003 4:03:00 PM
i've only been to one sf and it sucked. i went to SFGAdv. sure, it has awesome rides, but i don't go there just for the roller coasters. I go there for somewhat of a mini vacation. I wasn't expecting a sidewalk vacation. I was expecting scenery and gardens and other themeing, unless they were leaning towards city themeing. Then they did a good job. Not even the rides were themed that well (except skull mountain, but the ride itself stunk.) Well, i guess i'll know what to expect when i go to other six flags parks. Are the others as bad as this?

-----------------
cdwj11 is on my aim

Roller coaster count:36

Millennium force rocks!
Cedarpoint is the best park ever!
I like Knoebels for scenery!
i like dorney for it's waterpark!
i like hershey because they make kids fat wit there kisses!
Why am i saying this to you!

--------------------
cdwj11 on aim.

IM me.
Message updated 9/2/2003 4:16:00 PM by Chet
Cameraman

9/3/2003 10:55:00 PM
Quote:
Big Red said:
No, it's just about rides and coasters. You can get food anywhere, but you can't do that with a coaster.

No, the whole experience of the park is what matters. If people see horrible service, bad quality food, dirty paths, closed rides, and other problems, they simply just aren't impressed by their visit. Sure rides and attractions are a main draw to the park. But if you want to keep the guests coming, you have to make the overall experience a good and memorable one. SFO and SFWoA had great attendance in their opening years, but they obviously just didn't do enough in the way of impressing people in the overall experience and the attendance dropped off in the next few seasons.
Red Rascal

9/4/2003 3:01:00 PM
How did WoA not make a good impression? Five coasters in two years seems like a great impression.
sfo1

9/4/2003 3:50:00 PM
Plus the addition of the wildlife. I think it's a pretty good park.
MagnumMan

9/4/2003 4:51:00 PM
The widelife side is completely irrelevant. If I wanted to see whale shows and what not, I would pay my extra money and go to Sea World on my own. At least, I'd be focused, then, on just seeing the animals and not focused on rides completely.
sfo1

9/4/2003 5:06:00 PM
I like the mix of both worlds.
Yogurt

9/23/2003 8:14:00 PM
I've only been to two sf parks so ill just tell you which i liked better:
SFGadv: Ok, so i went there during my dark age of roller coaster riding when i though they were scary, but still it wasnt as terrible a park as you people describe it. sure, it could use some scenery and some new walkways, but thats probably the ojnly thing wrong with them. unfortunately i dont have a say on the rides there but i will soon after fright fest.
SFNE: This was a pretty good park, but it had too many things wrong with it. First of all, it was so tiny i could walk from one end to the other in about a minute. Second of all, they have only about 7 or so roller coasters, and only 2 of them are good. the third thing is a result of the two reasons above, you cant stay there for very long, because after a while there gets to be nothing to do. this park needs some improvements.

just to add to what a lot of people said about rude park staff, im sure most people dont give a crap about the staff. theyre just people who work there to get paid, they arent there to be your personal servant and assist you in every way they possibly can. whether a staff member says go away or have a nice day(no ryhme intended), ill probably forget about it in 2 seconds anyway. i just dont give a crap. parks are made for rides and entertaining people.

of course we all know primogens little story
Yogurt

9/23/2003 8:18:00 PM
sorry i didnt finish that last post, accidently hit reply...

anyway, of course we all know that primogens little story was a bit over-exaggerating. you will never find a park THAT nasty, i bet not if near as disgusting. the most disgusting thing you will see in a park is garbage on the ground, which really isnt that bad as long as it doesnt get stuck to the bottom of your shoes.
gonchar

9/24/2003 12:45:00 AM
The SF parks I've been to in the order of best to worst:

Six Flags New England
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Over Georgia
Six Flags America
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure

I didn't include American Adventures as it's not really branded as an SF park (even though they own it) and it doesn't really compare to the bigger "thrill parks".
Animan1

9/24/2003 3:25:00 PM
I've only been to 2 SF parks, but the better one was definately SFGAm. SFStL just can't compete with coasters, park feel etc.
BobFunland

9/24/2003 4:00:00 PM
Quote:
gonchar said:
The SF parks I've been to in the order of best to worst:

Six Flags New England
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Over Georgia
Six Flags America
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure

I didn't include American Adventures as it's not really branded as an SF park (even though they own it) and it doesn't really compare to the bigger "thrill parks".

I think SFOG is better than SFMM overall, but MM does have better rides. AS for American Adventures, its more of a carnival.
larrygator

10/28/2003 11:27:00 PM
SFGAdv has greatly improved their food over the past few years. On their MidWay you can get Nathans Famous Franks, Cheesesteaks (good but small) and there is also a very good Caribbean place. I've been to SFGAdv, SFNE and SFoG and enjoyed all three
Message updated 3/13/2004 10:20:00 PM by larrygator
xDisney

10/29/2003 8:43:00 PM
My worst park experience ever was Six Flags Over Georgia. Over-crouded, not much shade, few water fountains and restrooms, terrible food and a staff from hell. I was so pissed I even wrote a letter to them ( the only time i've ever wrote a park ) and of course they never even responded. I have avoided Six Flag parks like the plague.
cujo

11/9/2003 2:32:00 PM
I've been to 3 SF Parks. SFAW, SFFT, & SFOT. The latter two were both amazing! SFFT has an awesome setting in a big rock quarry, and many of the rides take advantage of the cliffs.(S:KC and Rattler) It was very clean, had good food, great rides and shows, and polite staff. SFOT was also amazing. Even though its right in the city, it has trees and gardens and is beautifully landscaped. The staff was very nice (with the exception of a girl who sold me a lemon chill and claimed she had already given me my change, then rolled her eyes when she realized she was wong.) The rides are top notch. Everything was open, and the lines moved quickly. SFAW, my home park, is totally underrated. The water on Tidal Wave is kind of gross, and there is crap on the ground (the majority of which is leaves rather than garbage), but the staff is made up mostly of polite foreign exchange students with Yugoslavian accents. Although Six Flags is too cheap to build nice, new coasters at AstroWorld (our last coaster was an SLC in '99) and we'll probably never see a B&M, we still have a decent collection. The Texas Cyclone, in my opinion, is the best woodie in Texas (despite what you've heard about the Texas Giant, The Cyclone is better.) Greezed Lightnin' is one of the two remaining Schwarzkopf shuttle loopers to still provide great OTSR-free thrills. We also have the only Heartline-Spinning-Spiral-Coaster in North America, the first succesful Arrow Suspended (XLR8) which is also the longest of its kind and the only one in the area. In addition, we have another great Schwazkopf looper (Viper), and the worlds first and only S&S SkySwatter (whick I assure you is one of the most amazing flat rides ever built.) We have the original river rapids ride (Thunder River) and the only stand-up coaster in the state (Batman: The Escape, which is a nice, thrilling ride if you stand in the front row.) So, if you think about it, AstroWorld is apretty nice park. All of you SF complainers just need to see past the occasional crack on the sidewalk or gum wrapper that missed the trash can, and focus on the good points.
Message updated 11/16/2003 12:51:00 PM by cujo
orcs4life

4/2/2004 4:23:00 PM
i no this is really late, but y do we get into such big discussions about it, the person who posted rthis topic probably did not want a debate, just the answer to his question...
Anywasy, ive only been to two SF parks, and SFoG (my home one) was the best. AMerican adventures just sucked!! lol
Swimace

4/2/2004 6:26:00 PM
American Adventure definatly takes the cake for worst park. SFOG really looks nice, Im going there this summer. SF has a tendancy to build so much stuff that it cant mantain it all, but you really don't see that at SFOG. They don't try to build the biggest or best, but it's better that way (if that makes sense )
PKI_Fan

4/2/2004 6:28:00 PM
I have only benn to 4 so i will list them all in BEST to WORST.

Best- Great America
2- Worlds of Adventre
3- St. Louis
Worst- Kentucky Kingdom
Swimace

4/2/2004 8:12:00 PM
and which SF park would this be?
yfz450

4/3/2004 12:00:00 AM
Worst six flags park is i dont no i have never been to one and dont want to go by how bad you all make them sound
BobFunland

4/3/2004 11:49:00 PM
Quote:
orcs4life said:
i no this is really late, but y do we get into such big discussions about it, the person who posted rthis topic probably did not want a debate, just the answer to his question...
Anywasy, ive only been to two SF parks, and SFoG (my home one) was the best. AMerican adventures just sucked!! lol

I disagree... its discussion, so reasons and debates should be not only accepted, but encouraged. As for AA, I just wonder how old you were when you visited, because when I was in the 5-8 range, it was a cool park to visit, say, after school.
sfo1

4/4/2004 1:17:00 AM
I thought WoA was improving as the years went by, but I'm curious to see how much better it will be with Cedar Fair now owning it...
Red Rascal

4/4/2004 10:02:00 AM
Quote:
sfo1 said:
I thought WoA was improving as the years went by...

Really? I thought the opposite. Everything went downhill after the first season: attendance, budget, etc.

--------------------
¤ The critic formally known as Big Red ¤
Animan1

4/4/2004 8:27:00 PM
I wonder what sort of ride will be added to GL next, now that CF has taken over.
Page [ 2 of 5 ] 1  [ 2 ] 3  4  5 
Clicky Web Analytics