Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 5 ] [ 1 ] 2  3  4  5 
Author Best/Worst Six Flags Establisment
BobFunland

8/8/2003 9:57:00 AM
Here's a question that could recieve some serious debating: What is the best and what is the worst overall park in the Six flags Chain? Dont just use coasters and thrill rides, but also food, staff hospitality, cleanliness, environment, etc.
Personally, I have only been to 3 Six Flags parks (a 4th one later this month) and Id have to say that SFoG is the best that Ive been to (Im biased too cause thats my homepark, but there is a nice selection of rides) and SFAW is the worst: it was dirty, cramped and other than the Texas Cyclone, there wasnt too much good goin on in that park.
Message updated 8/8/2003 9:59:00 AM by BobFunland
Red Rascal

8/8/2003 10:19:00 AM
Best: Great Adventure
Worst: DL(out of the ones I've been to)

Frontier City looks like the worst park in the chain.
3r1c

8/8/2003 12:06:00 PM
I've only been to one Six Flags park, and that's SFGAdv. As much as I tried to like the park for their awesome rides and coasters, the park really did suck. The cracked walways, dirty paths, pathetic employees, horrible ride matinence, and the fact that 2/3's of their rides weren't open until the afternoon and closed later didn't help. I have also never seen a coaster in worst shape than Rolling Thunder. And when all the trains on Nitro and Medusa stack constantly, you know somethings wrong.
MagnumMan

8/8/2003 3:50:00 PM
Well, I've been to 5 parks in the chain:

Best: Definitly SFOT...and I know why. The reason is probably because it is the original. The park is clean and heavily landscaped with trees, gardens, and shade. Although the Texas sun usually heats things up anyway, some paths are well shaded under canopies of trees and provide enough protection to get by. The collection is exellent and the park has at least one of most type of coaster, from boomerang to LIM. The park also has the essentials (most of which were first built there) including the log flume, swings, S&S tower (which is maybe not "essential" but is greatly appreciated), and the rare double decker carousel to add. Great park in almost every way and I'm happy to have gone.

Worst: SFWoa. This parks needs some SERIOUS work. Maybe it's because SF rushed the park too quickly. A small park like Geauga Lake used to be has the entire SeaWorld Cleveland added, 4 new coasters etc. needs more employees, new landscaping to impress new customers and a lot more. Well, they have obviously not been keeping up because it is TERRIBLE. Fights break out, the water is dirty in the water park area (I was very hesitant to get on ANY of the slides), the WildLife side is useless, service is ridiculous and the entire park is dirty. OK. A person that has traveled 7 hours to the park is not going to have a merry time and park relations is going to hear about it. But of course...all you get is some unresponsive teen to help out. Guess that's just what you receive at the park.

--------------------
"The winner of the contest is NOT Jan Brady...NOT Jan Brady!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Jan, we still love you"- from NickAtNite

INCREDIBLE HULK IS THE BEST THRILL EVER!!! GET OUT AND RIDE THIS MONSTER!!
Red Rascal

8/8/2003 4:06:00 PM
Geauga Lake has actually improved since the acquisition by Six Flags.
3r1c

8/8/2003 4:30:00 PM
When it was Six Flags Ohio maybe, but from what I've heard, when it became WoA it just began to suck.
Red Rascal

8/8/2003 5:20:00 PM
No, I meant since 1995.
BobFunland

8/8/2003 5:21:00 PM
I think that the Six Flags chain is the worst run, compared to Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens and Paramount, all of which I have visited at least one park of their's. But, the company has improved, especially here in Atlanta cause back when I was about 5, no one went to the park, there were hardly any good rides and the worst attribute was the staff: even though it was over 10 years ago I remember the employees at SFoG being very rude- is it or was it that way at other Six Flags parks?
3r1c

8/8/2003 8:54:00 PM
SFoG isn't owned completely by Six Flags, which is why it is one of the better parks.
3r1c

8/8/2003 8:56:00 PM
Quote:
Big Red said:
No, I meant since 1995.

They have added great thrill rides and (what some look to be) great coasters, but from what I've heard, as far as costumer service, cleanliness etc. the park has tanked.
Red Rascal

8/8/2003 9:03:00 PM
It's pretty clean, especially the wild life side. The service isn't that bad also. If SF didn't buy the "Lake" parks, this one would've ran out of business with CP a short drive away.
MovieCoast

8/8/2003 9:13:00 PM
Six Flags sounds evil. I dun want Great Escape becoming Six Flags.
BobFunland

8/8/2003 9:24:00 PM
Great Escape? Isnt it just a partner park, not completely owned by SixFlags yet?
MovieCoast

8/8/2003 9:40:00 PM
It's becoming a Six Flags park. The performers called it Six Flags Great Escape.
3r1c

8/8/2003 9:57:00 PM
Yeah, Great Escape is owned by Six Flags. It just hasn't be renamed Six Flags Great Escape. To late MovieCoast.
sfo1

8/8/2003 10:15:00 PM
Quote:
Big Red said:
It's pretty clean, especially the wild life side. The service isn't that bad also. If SF didn't buy the "Lake" parks, this one would've ran out of business with CP a short drive away.

I agree. I love the three worlds of adventure in one. It has definetly improved since when geauga Lake owned the park. Last time I went there, the employees were friendly(except for a few), and the park was actually very clean!
SFGA_fan

8/9/2003 1:12:00 AM
Best: SIx Flags Great America is the best SF I've been to. It not only has the best rides of any Six Flags I've been to, but also has a reasonably friendly staff and fast moving lines (except Deja Vu). The food is good but very pricy. And the food you can buy ranges through out the park. The Country Market cheese fries are to die for. It has water rides placed conviently through out the park. I love this park, and CP has been the only park that I liked better.

Worst: SFWoA is hands down the worst I experienced. The rides are quite good, but the staff and maitnance crews are horrible. When I went it took a half hour to get on Serial Thriller even though the line started in the station. This is because they were only running one train. All lines moved slow and the staff looked like they didnt want to be there. Later in the day the lines got long and my family decided to just leave. Not a quality park.
sfo1

8/10/2003 10:57:00 PM
Quote:
SFGA_fan said:
Best: SIx Flags Great America is the best SF I've been to. It not only has the best rides of any Six Flags I've been to, but also has a reasonably friendly staff and fast moving lines (except Deja Vu). The food is good but very pricy. And the food you can buy ranges through out the park. The Country Market cheese fries are to die for. It has water rides placed conviently through out the park. I love this park, and CP has been the only park that I liked better.

Worst: SFWoA is hands down the worst I experienced. The rides are quite good, but the staff and maitnance crews are horrible. When I went it took a half hour to get on Serial Thriller even though the line started in the station. This is because they were only running one train. All lines moved slow and the staff looked like they didnt want to be there. Later in the day the lines got long and my family decided to just leave. Not a quality park.

What year did you go to SFWoA? The day I went this year, the workers were friendly, every roller coaster was running 2 trans(except RWB and Double loop). It was the best visit to SFWoA I've ever had.
Message updated 8/10/2003 11:00:00 PM by sfo1
rednk

8/11/2003 12:30:00 PM
Quote:
SFGA_fan said:

What a surprising response from someone with a screen name like that!!
MagnumMan

8/11/2003 2:47:00 PM
Then Geauga Lake must have been one big trashcan. Aside from maybe rides, if that's what you're talking about, this park has a lot of miles to go.

Quote:
Big Red said:
Geauga Lake has actually improved since the acquisition by Six Flags.

MagnumMan

8/11/2003 2:48:00 PM
Great observation!

Quote:
rednk said:
What a surprising response from someone with a screen name like that!!

Red Rascal

8/11/2003 2:58:00 PM
Guess what they got for the '95 season. A little playground for small kids. At least SF is putting in better things into this park.

Quote:
MagnumMan said:
Then Geauga Lake must have been one big trashcan. Aside from maybe rides, if that's what you're talking about, this park has a lot of miles to go.

--------------------
If you don't know me, don't judge me

Coaster count: 88
MagnumMan

8/11/2003 4:03:00 PM
Guess what SFDL got for 2 seasons...nothing! SF isn't doing anything to improve some of these parks and by going to WoA, it further strenthens my point. You can't run a park just on rides, you need the whole package. SF isn't giving the whole package.
BobFunland

8/12/2003 10:44:00 PM
Quote:
3r1c said:
SFoG isn't owned completely by Six Flags, which is why it is one of the better parks.

I guess youre talkin about the whole TimeWarner thing... which at one point was part of a court case but over what, I dont know, and I dont know what the verdict was or anything.
3r1c

8/14/2003 11:25:00 AM
Quote:
Big Red said:
Guess what they got for the '95 season. A little playground for small kids. At least SF is putting in better things into this park.

And unfortunately, that's all their doing. To be a good park, there needs to be more than just good rides.
Red Rascal

8/14/2003 11:28:00 AM
The only reason people come is because of rides and attractions. That's the whole point of an amusement park.
3r1c

8/14/2003 11:41:00 AM
There's more to a park than just rides, like the atmosphere, food, friendly employees etc. If I want to go ride some rides, I'll go to the fair.
Red Rascal

8/14/2003 11:47:00 AM
No, it's just about rides and coasters. You can get food anywhere, but you can't do that with a coaster.
3r1c

8/14/2003 12:02:00 PM
Knoebels has just 2 really good coasters, and a fair selection of rides. Why are they consistently rated as one of the best parks in the country? Because the park itself is so unique and the atmosphere is awesome. The food is also great. Sure, I can go to the supermarket, but the food there is x10 better. The employees are so friendly, they don't treat you like crap and actually fast, unlike the operators at Six Flags.

On the otherhand, SFGAdv has 12 coasters, but it's probably my least favorite park. I would take Idlewild over it anyday. Why? The atmosphere lacks, the park is dirty, the sidewalks are cracked, and all the ride operators are extremely slow which gets annoying having to deal with it all the day. The food is crap and the rides are in such bad shape.
primogen18

8/14/2003 8:44:00 PM
Quote:
Big Red said:
The only reason people come is because of rides and attractions. That's the whole point of an amusement park.

(im not saying this has ever happened to me before but) so if while you were getting on a nice huge mega-coaster that takes you to the outer reaches of excitement and thrills, you would be fine with some punk constantly screaming at you to move faster when your already practially running when entering and exiting the ride? Then, while hurrying from mega-coaster to top notch thrill ride, making your way through this wastland of broken concrete and beating sun, trash and dirty toilet paper ankle deep blows around your legs. An enraged worker smokes a joint sitting on a bench flciking it at your feet. When your hungry, they scream at you for bothering them and charge you 10 bucks for a bun with literal crap on it? At least that 1 minute and 20 secounds out of your day was pure bliss...would it make up for the other 3 hours or so? Yea, that was all un-neccessary, but its my 2 cents...

--------------------
"Life, It wouldn't be such a burden if somebody would stand by my side
Don't be mistaken, this smile Im just faking, to hide that Im living a lie..."|
-Wasted (Violent Work Of Art)
Message updated 8/14/2003 8:51:00 PM by primogen18
Page [ 1 of 5 ] [ 1 ] 2  3  4  5 
Clicky Web Analytics