Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Phantom Fright Nights
3r1c

8/6/2003 10:13:00 PM
For my birthday, I'm thinking about heading up to Kennywood for Phantom Fright Nights (I would be going on Saturday the 13th in September). I was just wondering if Thunderbolt is open, and how bad the lines are. Any other tips are appreciated.
PhantomNik

8/8/2003 2:08:00 PM
Hey there, 3r1c! Well, let me say that KW is my home park so I can help you out. I attended the Phantom Fright Nights three times last year (the 1st season for the Halloween event) - once in Sept. and twice in Oct. It is good that you'll be going the first weekend its open, therefore crowds should be somewhat lighter. Although for as popular as the event got later last year, who knows for sure. Here's some basic info you need to know:

Hours: 6 pm until Midnight
Tickets: On your way to the park, find a Blockbuster video store. They will have discounted tickets for the event. Last year they were for $5 cheaper than at the gate.
Haunted Attractions: 4 last year, rumored to be 6 this year.
Open Rides: This is the latest list I've seen (from Screamscape):
We’ve heard the latest list of attractions that will be open for the Halloween event this year: Old Mill, Jack Rabbit, Racer, Aero360, Merry-go-round, Paratrooper, Kangaroo, Gran Prix, Bayurn Kurve, Music Express, Phantom’s Revenge, Pirate, Thunderbolt, Volcano and King Kahuna. At this time they are not planning to open Exterminator or Pittfall, though even those two rides were added to the mix on the last few busy days last season.

In general, be prepared to have a blast! The park is just totally different for this. There's decorations, fog, music, different lighting on some rides, plus many other cool surprises I won't tell you about! The haunted attractions are pretty cool, but I wouldn't try to do them all, because those had the longest lines when I went. Ride lines were overall excellent. No huge waits on anything, and lines for the Phantom never got more than 20-25 minutes or so. Hope these tips help and hope you have a great time!
Message updated 8/8/2003 2:10:00 PM by PhantomNik
3r1c

8/9/2003 12:59:00 PM
Thanks for the information. I'll definately be going now. I've never been to a park that's been transformed for Halloween so this'll be a good way to start. I just wish Pittfall was open. Oh well - there's still a bunch of other attractions to enjoy. I can't wait to ride Phantoms Revenge - it looks awesome, and it'll be awesome to ride it at night
PhantomNik

8/20/2003 5:44:00 PM
Ya, Phantom's Revenge is a tremendous coaster and I'm sure that you will enjoy it! I wouldn't totally rule out some other rides being open (like Pitt Fall), especially if crowds are large. That was the primary reason they opened some extra rides up last year for the last weekends. And look at it this way - I thought the event was fantastic last year, and that was without T'Bolt being open!! I'm so glad it'll be up and running this year!
3r1c

9/11/2003 8:14:00 PM
Ahhhhh! Unforunately, plans have changed at the last minute and I won't be able to make it out to Kennywood this year, but I will make it out there next year in May hopefully, or I might just be able to sneak a visit in sometime in October.
PhantomRev

2/9/2005 1:52:28 PM
yeah you definatly have to attend PFN at kennywood, i work there and it is a very fun event. Lines for haunted houses do tend to be very long though on busy nights. so you should hit those first but you must go. I worked in the cemetery last year. i will be in the cemetery again this year also. Make sure to go out there it's cheap too. If not Fright nights, then just come out to the park. Lots of fun.

--------------------
Holla Back! 1
Message updated 2/9/2005 1:53:23 PM by PhantomRev
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics