Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Celebration City
BillyBo42

5/27/2003 10:45:00 PM
Just to tell you all, the BIG grand opening is this friday, May,30th at Celebration City in Branson, MO.... This site got that park all messed up. I hope you all will enjoy the park. I know it is small right now, but there are big plans ahead for this young park.
Here's my Wildcat Review:
Hey Guys, I just got back a few minutes ago from Celebration City, Branson, MO's newest theme park.
I also got back from one of the best coaster experiences I have EVER had. One of my best rides of all time came on an ultra-compact, twisting wooden coaster that drops eight stories and has a one of a kind 310-degree double-down first drop, a high speed swooping turn a rabbit-hop mid way and a screaming finale to the great ride. Let me tell you, this wooden coaster is much more smooth that a LOT of steel coaster's I have even rode. Plus there are only 2 straight parts of this coaster, the Lift and the brake run. Once the train goes down the very unique first drop, the fun NEVER stops.

All of these feature make me honestly believe it could compete with Beast or with Legend or Raven EASILY. But I believe that because of the park's location in Branson, Missouri, it is not going to get the respect this great coaster deserves.

I talked to Steve Honeycutt, inventer and GM of CC, today when walking around the park, and I told him how much I truly enjoyed this GCI ultra-compact coaster. He said that when they were talking with GCI about a coaster in Celebration City, he stated that, "We we not trying to build the tallest or fastest ride in the world. We wanted to focus on the ride experience and a ride that will keep you either glued to your seat or flying off your seat every minute of the ride." And I could not agree with the man any more than that.

I hope every one of you get's a chance to ride this ride some time in your life, you will not be dissapointed.

--------------------
Billy Jansen
mrceagle

5/28/2003 2:45:00 AM
I will repeat that it sounds liek a great park. I enjoy a great park with fewer rides when they work hevily on the look. this park looks great. a few wellpplaned and organized coasters with a great solecon of flats and water rides. can't say I like the go carts though.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
mrceagle

5/28/2003 6:17:00 PM
Quote:
Shortcake said:
If you have any problems with the ride listings on this site, the proper way to get them fixed is to request it in the forums. If no one requests the correct rides, they might never get corrected/added. This site never promised to have all parks and rides listed. It does, however, allow members to request park and ride additions. So, unless you request the rides to be fixed, you don't have a valid complaint.

Very true. look at that sectin you will se how much I have requested. all the New Englans park but 3 I requested. and i havde rides added to all of them.

this site is as good as what you put into it.
BillyBo42

6/5/2003 2:13:00 PM
Sorry guys, I'm new to the site.
BillyBo42

6/24/2003 8:45:00 PM
Looks great, sorry about that
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics