Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Park PTR July 09
mrceagle

8/3/2009 3:00:09 PM
After many delayed trips I finally made my second trip f the year to Canobie Lake Park. Originally planed to be a big group outing with 7-9 people it had dwindled down to just one friend and myself. We chose a Saturday with a goal to see the show and check out this years Fireworks display.

We got to the park just after the 11:00 opening and the parking lot was just about full. Before the end of the day they filled the overflow Kelley’s field and utilized the new grass lot added last year. Worked well despite the bit crowd’s people did not need to be bussed in.

We got a parking spot in front and made our way to customer service. I paid the $30 admission for myself and my friend got in for $21 since she is in a wheelchair. After entering we had to make our way to the customer service area inside the park to get hr a band. I feel a bit sorry for the girl working at the window who had to come outside. Not that it’s hot out but the exit door is on the other side of the building from were we were.

All that set we went on with our day. As is a tradition with me I made my way to the parks new Ride, Wave Blaster. The ride is in the location that the autobahn ride once stood. The ride is fun and a nice addition. It’s not an amazing ride though. I would not say it’s a ride to go to the park specifically to ride it. The new kiddies version looks fun as well.

Speaking of kiddie rides the park has been gong all out rehabbing Kiddie land. They redid the area behind the stage adding the new ride and rehabbing and reinstalling 2 classic rides, the Fire trucks and pony carts. Kiddie land has new themeing, landscaping, and best of all a new entrance. It was pointed out that the rest of the kiddie land will get work over the next couple years.

The lines were very long. Even the less popular ride had 3-4 cycle waits. This was defiantly not going to be a rides day. Though I rode alone on the larger rides and was able to jump up to fill a seat form time to time.

I was able to get a fair number of rides in despite the heavy crowds. I got one ride in on Cannonball, Star Blaster, Skater, Phycodrome, Davinci, Boston Harbor Patrol, Pirata, and Wipe out. I skipped a few rides Like Corkscrew and The flume do to noticeably long lines.

Since my friend was in a wheel chain and the rides at Canobie are a bit big for her tastes she only went on Mine of Lost Souls twice and the Blue Heron Lake cruse. The lake cruse is the only attraction in the park that is truly Wheelchair accessible.

To fill time I played a lot of Skee ball. Mostly in the Lake side arcade. Worked as a good time filler before the cruse came back into dock and before the fire works. I cashed in 369 points not including the 50+ tickets I gave away to other people
We only spend money food wise to get dinner. We opted to go to the Dancing Bear. My friend ordered a Jumbo Hotdog meal, I ordered the rib Sandwich, and we refilled a Souvenir cup. Came to $15.81 after tax. Fries were good like always. I thought the Rib Sandwich could have been a little bigger.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and done right." Walt Disney
mrceagle

8/3/2009 3:11:27 PM
The Simplest show we saw was the Kids show, Imagination Generation. The park was pack so the show was also. It has one good trick and a lot of cheesy extras. The show unfortunate catered to the very young and served to be of little interest to anyone above the age of around 7. Past kids shows didn’t have this problem. The girls who performed the show were enthusiastic and added some value to the show but they were simply given nothing to work with.

Lyrix – Country Remix was on the western/Village stage. It’s the same Lyrix group form last year with Dan Sky who has been at the park for years now. Featuring country music the show was good. Likely the best Show featuring Dan Sky the park has had. The show seemed to be we received, people watching new the songs and seemed eager to sing along. I liked the music selection though I dislike the use of Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy in a family setting.

Mystique is the park big show this year. Taking place in the Ballroom and drawing a standing room only crowd both shows I visited. The show was fantastic. Finally a Park is offering a Magic show that can compete with David Garrity’s Illusion Quest show. Ben Murphy is a great performer, energetic and a joy to watch. The tricks were well done offering a range of tricks and illusions. The Assistants were good performers, though some of the choreography was not well thought out. Some of the dancing seemed forced and made little sense given the theme of the Illusion about to take place. The finale was a water chamber escape trick. Interesting overall but the more then 2 minutes elapse time seems very long after the quick passed Illusions that preceded it. I am thrilled they added this show and will make a point, the first time in 4 years, to return and see it again.

The unique show on my trip was the Saturday Night Fireworks. The park has this show every Saturday Form the 4th of July through the end of August. The show was amazing, the best show I have seen in a while. On caliber with the 4th July shows put on only once a year. The fireworks varied in size, height and style. Extremely well rounded and well choreographed to the music. The crowds that have congregated along the water front and around Davinci’s Dream were very receptive and had nothing but good things to say about the show after it was done.

In all the day went well. I got a fair number of rides in despite the heavy crowds. The employees were working hard and the lines moved quickly. The show selection is the best the park has had in years and the new Wave blaster is a nice addition though not an amazing ride. But it’s nice to see the ride count go up. I have at least 2 trips planed before the end of September. I will take advantage of the 19.99 pre sale for Screemfest.

Photos coming soon!

Enjoy this video while I get the photos together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxEGr91dClU
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics