Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author adventureland Iowa trip report
rln6377

7/15/2009 2:46:35 PM
I just got back from my first trip to Adventureland in Iowa and I highly recommend this underated park. I currently live about five hours away from Adventureland and honestly had never really heard much about the place. Even since I had joined the site I hadn't really heard much about it which made me wonder if it was worth the time. But their website made the place look appealing and I decided to give it a try.

My original plan was to drive down monday and go to the park tuesday. I purposely picked a weekday because of my impatience in waiting in long lines. Due to a threat of rain on tuesday and the fact our time would have been limited before we had to head back tuesday we opted to go on monday instead.

As we finally approached the park it was approximately 230 in the afternoon. And being used to long lines at bigger parks I was wondering how many rides I would get to even go on. But the park was slow enough but not so slow it was a creepy ghost town.

As I approached the gates to go in the first thing I noticed is a sign saying the tornado, falling star, and g-force were all shut down for the day. The falling star and g-force I could live with but the tornado was devastating. And heres the problem with a smaller park, when you have only three coasters ( four if you count underground which I don't), it looks really bad when your already down by one when you open. The rest of adventureland is filled with a few water rides, and a lot of flats. Normally I'm not a huge fan of flat rides (i'm more of a water ride and dark ride kind of guy) but Adventureland has enough of a variety and even a few very unigue flats to keep you entertained.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about all the rides individually as I will be working on my individual reviews soon. But let me just say they have more than enough to keep you busy. I was there 6 and a half hours and didn't come close to doing everything I wanted and only left when i did cause they closed. But while their rides may individually stack up with bigger amusement parks. Atmosphere is where they really shine! This park is very clean as I hardly saw any trash lying around the entire day. The landscaping is beautiful and its a very nice park experience. Adventureland must be some sort of company to work for cause the employees were all so nice. Everyone seemed to be having a great time and so happy with their job. It has to be so hot and monotonous doing what they do.

But to sum up, is this the best amusement park? no. Is it a vacation destination? no. But if you live within a few hours driving distance, I highly recommend going to this underated park.
raissazhou02

7/16/2009 4:11:55 AM
Thanks for your trip information, seems it is a very good place, i hope i could get chance to go there someday.

---------------------
wholesale watch mobile phones wow accounts for sale Anycool C9000
Message updated 7/16/2009 4:15:48 AM by raissazhou02
rln6377

7/16/2009 11:43:10 AM
You really should. Its a nice place. If it was a little bit closer than five hours away from me, i'd be going all the time.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics