Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Busch Gardens Europe (Williamsburg) Tips
RCGenius

7/12/2009 4:06:58 PM
Hey everyone! I know I have not been on this site in a while, but I will be going to Virginia next Sunday (July 19th) to visit my best friend and spent the night over there. The next day, I will be going to Busch Gardens Europe. I am planning to make it to the park somewhere between 10-11 a.m. and leave by 6-7 so I can make it back to my friend's house and my house before midnight or 1 a.m. at the latest. For the most part, I know what to expect from the park and think that I can get through everything there in one day. However, for those who have been there, do you have any tips or suggestions about how to make the most out of that one day? I figured that since I will be at the park on Monday, crowds should not be that big.
ABR

7/13/2009 11:49:36 PM
Germany and Italy open at 11:00, so if you are one of those people who likes to run to be the 1st on your favorite ride when the park opens, you can do that with Apollo, Big Bad Wolf, and Darkastle, even if you don't arrive until 10:45 or so. Actually, if you arrive at 10:45 or after I would probably do that (I'd do Apollo), or do Lochness as it is right by the rope drop for Italy. I know Corkscrew Hill, Griffon, Lochness Monster and I THINK Alpengeist open when the park opens. Darkastle can have very long lines on many days you might not expect, so if you want to do that, do it earlier.
Also, there are rumors that this could be Big Bad Wolf's last season, so be sure that is on your list. Griffon has a single riders line, unlike the other coasters, assuming it's open (weekdays are iffy), that is a good ride to do in the middle of the day when it's busy, despite the fact that it is the newest coaster in the park. My sister, her friend and I went in that and we all got front row seats together. Alpengeist, which is probably what the park is most well known for is the only major ride I really can't give a plan of attack for, other than attempting to visit it earlier. Since I think it opens with the park you won't be able to make a mad dash for it if you don't get there at 10 for the park opening.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics