Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Santa’s Village Photo TR
mrceagle

6/21/2009 9:00:19 PM

Recently I took some time and drove up to Santa’s Village in Jefferson, NH. I got an early start and my friend and I arrived at the park around 11. Despite being early in the season the attendance was looking good for the day. The main parking lot was full and people were being sent to the lot across the street. I opted to get a Tis The Season Pass ($67) dollars and my friend paid for the day. Since she is in a wheel chair she got in at a discount admission was only $12 dollars. When we entered we were sent to the Guest services building to get the pass processed and get a line pass.

The pass was going to take a little bit to process so we opted to hit the rides in the corner of the park while it was getting done. I noticed when we got into the area that the Rockn Round the Christmas tree swing ride was taken apart. The structure was the only think on site. Asking Employees it seem the ride needs more work before opening I will post more information when I get it. The spray ground also in the area was off though.

I went on the coaster and got a few rides in. they run their coaster with 2 cycles so you always get a good ride. I opted out of the fire brigade and the Red hot racers, though both rides were pulling a good crowed.

[IMG]http://www.mainelycoasters.com/santas%20village/thumbnails/mcsantarudy3.JPG[/img]

Both my friend and I opted to ride the antique cars. I love what they did to this ride a few years back. The layout is great. It’s a good length with many things to see. A young girl in one of the passing cars yelled out to warn of the upcoming flooded road.

Season pass not ready and knowing I can get it later we made our way to the other side of the park. We lucked out and they were letting people in for the next showing of A Tinkerdoodle Christmas, the parks 3D movie. I noticed right off the bat the stage had been rehabbed since the last time I was in it. It looks fantastic and really ups the quality of the theater.

We opted to stay inside and walk through the Arcade and The crafts area. I noticed that the arcade got a new addition, a coin op kiddie attraction. It’s has a Santa, sleigh and 2 reindeer. They all move when turned on. Costs .50 cents to run and seemed to be popular.

I rode the SS Peppermint Twist, The park’s Rockn’ Tug ride. The ride just got repainted and looks amazing. The attraction was repainted top to bottom gone are the standard factory colors that came with the ride. They didn’t stop the paint brushes there. I saw fresh paint on a few rides, buildings and the long standing whale fountain.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and done right." Walt Disney
mrceagle

6/21/2009 9:12:24 PM
We took some time and looked at the new Food stand. Fruit Loups is located between the reindeer barn and the Ferris wheel. You can get drinks, fruit, and the big one for me Apple Crisp Ala mode. The Apple Crisp is only $3.50 and the serving size looked good. I didn’t get a chance to get some though. It’s a must do for my next trip.

Lunch was next. We opted to eat at Burger Meister’s since it was in the area. When we entered we noticed they were giving out a Frisbee with the kids meals. A perfect Souvenir we got 2 kids meals, a side of chicken fingers, and a side of onion rings for just over $20 dollars. Not bad for that much food.

We went over to ride the train. We did a full circuit. I did take the opportunity to pick up my season pass while the train was stopped at the second station. The park operates a Chance Iron horse on a reasonably large layout. While most of the park is around park rides and buildings one section actually travels over a long covered bridge.

The rest of the day was rides. My camera started having problems so getting shots form her eon in was getting a bit hard. While I mostly rode by myself my friend got up the courage to ride the Ferris wheel and Sky way sleigh.

I rode the Holly humbug adventure a few times. This is a custom interactive dark ride. They upgraded the laser guns recently it’s a bit harder since one lit target needs to be hitting order to activate another one. I noticed a few were hung on angles were the lasers would not activate the target. Though I did well despite a very inaccurate gun on my firs try pulling a 590 score. My next rides were all over a 1000 points and my highest score was 1680.

I rode the flume a few times. The Station was redone last year with extra queue and a new on ride photo area. I didn’t get on but $8 dollars for an on ride photo is a great price. I was able to get some photos and a video before my camera started having problems.

The rest of the day was spent hitting rides and enjoying the park. We stayed till closing and did some shopping at the gift shop at the exit. In all it was a great day. I look forward to getting back and seeing the spray ground in operation and try out the swing ride. Not to mention get some apple crisp at Fruit Loups.

See more photos here:
santas village page @ mainelycoasters.com

thanks to Dave/Methos for hosting my images.

mrceagle

7/13/2009 12:21:28 AM
To add to the trip report I have POV videos of the parks Flume and Coaster.

Yule log flume:

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSyrGVZZc4&feature=channel_page]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSyrGVZZc4...re=channel_page[/URL]

Rudy's Rapid Transit:

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z61FXTfJhU&feature=channel_page]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z61FXTfJhU...re=channel_page[/URL]
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics