Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author What are your 5 top roller coasters and why.
Roarfan

4/18/2009 10:01:13 PM
Here's my top 5 roller coaster.

1. Cyclone at Coney Island in NY
Because it's an old fashioned type coaster.
And they still make the parts for the coaster by hand.
So if you have not been to NY and rode Cyclone. You just got to ride it.

2. Grizzly at Kings Dominion in Doswell,VA.
I really like the way that this coaster is in the woods. Which makes it a awesome ride even at night.
There are not too many roller coaster that are built in the woods.

3. Dominator at Kings dominion in Doswell,VA.
This sure is one awesome B&M coaster. Because it's very high. And you can see it from KD parking lot.
I just love floorless tye coasters. The best place to sit while rideing Dominator is to sit at left or the right at the end seat. Because you feel like your rideind off the track. I really like that feeling.

4. Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion in Doswell,VA.
Because it's a raceing type coaster. I lke it when both coaster are working. And see which coaster goes over 1st.

5. Dueling Dragon at IOL in FL.
This is a very unique type B&M coaster. Because both sides are different. So yo get a different ride. I like it when you feel like that your going to touch the othe people in the other train by mere inches.
My favorite train is Ice beacause you feel like your going to run into the wall when your in the 1st row.
The other train is Fire. This coaster is a must ride.
RCGenius

4/26/2009 7:13:33 AM
1. El Toro - with the exception of the somewhat small track length for a woody its size, ET has everything going for it that I like. It's a smooth wooden coaster with LOADS of airtime, high speed, strong lateral Gs, a surprise finish with the 61 foot airtime hill, and is easily re-rideable.

2. Nitro - being that it was my first B&M hyper, I had a special experience as the airtime hills were great, the hammerhead element was intense, the coaster trains are super roomy and comfortable, and it's really fast. I also can never look past the intricate color scheme the ride's working with.

3. Millennium Force - how can I not like this 310 ft. superstructure? The first hill is unbelievably fast, the two tunnels were a nice effect to compliment the coaster's high speed, and I liked the overbank turn toward the station. The only flaw with this coaster is the lack of airtime hills as there are only 4 of them and most of them were floater air, but Millie is still a fun coaster all-around.

4. Phantom's Revenge - the ride may be short, but packs a walloping punch. I have not ridden it since I was 15, but how can I forget the extremely comfortable trains, the powerful 232 ft. second drop, insane amount of ejector airtime, and the use of the coaster's terrain and scenery? It had it all and I cannot wait to go back and ride this beast again.

5. Phoenix - a Top 10 coaster on most enthusiasts and fans' list. It may not be the tallest, fastest, or longest woody, but you cannot help but fall in love with all the airtime this thing packs with every hill encountered. The best seat's definitely the first car in the third row. It will remain a classic woody that is great for the kids to start riding and non-stop fun for adults too.
bumprnugit

4/26/2009 9:04:28 PM
RCG! nice to hear from you again! Personally, it is too hard to choose my top 5, as at any time the coaster I am riding could be the best...so I leave it to this. My #1. It will always be a woodie, always. It used to be the Riverside Cyclone, before 666 Flags cut off it's balls. I love the viciousness of the Coney Island Cyclone, but if there was only one coaster I had the opportunity to ride again and again, it would have to be The Phoenix. It has the best finish ever...It is the only ride that I repeatedly RUN to get back on. The ride that makes my cheeks ache from smiling so hard. The best ride in perhaps the best park. Done!

---------------------
Life can be hilariously cruel.
Message updated 4/26/2009 9:05:24 PM by bumprnugit
RCGenius

4/26/2009 9:22:12 PM
It's good to be back & I can understand how hard it is to choose your Top 5 coasters. Phoenix is definitely one of a kind & on a whole new level of its own for classic woodies. I'll try to contribute to this site as much as I can. I've been busy with school, work, & my music, so it has been hard for me to get back on here.
jeopardyfish

6/30/2009 9:56:55 AM
1. Hurler (Kings Dominion)
I found it to be a great ride. It also holds pleasant memories for me of a rainy day at the park (back when it was Paramount's Kings Dominion) and getting multiple circuits without getting out of the train.

2. Alpengeist (Busch Gardens Europe)
A really well-designed ride for me. It was also my first inverted (I was compelled to ride by friends on a music department trip...I'm very grateful to them ).

3. Twister (Knoebels)
I'm a sucker for a ride with history, so naturally the story of how Twister came out of Elitch Gardens' Mr. Twister fascinates me. The ride is also fantastic; I argue that it's better than Phoenix, but that's all subjective.

4. Expedition Everest (Animal Kingdom)
A very smooth, well-themed coaster (even if the damn yeti is still broken ) and one I enjoyed very much.

5. Grizzly (Kings Dominion)
As my first "real" coaster (excluding the Orient Expresses and such of the world), this deserves a mention. I really can't remember the ride very much, but as I now love coasters, it must have stayed with me on some level.

Honorable mention to Big Bad Wolf (Busch Gardens Europe), Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom), and Rudy's Rapid Transit (Santa's Village) for various reasons. As is apparent, I haven't been on a lot of the really noteable coasters, and I place a lot of value on sentimentality...who thought that and coasters would mix? That's my kind of enjoyment...as the song goes, "Making Memories" is a lot of what coasters and amusement parks in general are about for me.
Johnny634

7/9/2010 10:42:07 PM
1. The Voyage
2. El Toro
3. The Boss
4. Hades
5. Thunderhead

---------------------
Ty Tlock
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics