Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author SFNE S:RoS new trains
bumprnugit

3/20/2009 11:26:52 PM
As seen here...
http://www.seetheride.com/newengland.htm

The two most significant changes are the removal of the T-lapbars and the addition of the speaker headrests.

I am in favor of the lapbar change, but those speaker-thingys look pretty big. Big as in "I am sitting anywhere but the front seat and I can't see a thing" big. From the looks of it, I don't know how anyone sitting other than the front will be able to take in the special effects, but they may be more of a spectator show anyway.

Headrests...

Bumpr no like. Baaad medicine.

---------------------
Life can be hilariously cruel.
coaster05

3/21/2009 4:31:25 PM
Those do seem unnecsssarly large.
Canobie Coaster

3/22/2009 9:55:53 AM
^ I can't help but agree.

But what I'm really impressed by are the lap bars. They definitely appear to be an improvement over the previous ones and they look to be lacking those dreaded ankle restraints!

---------------------
Track Record
21 Wood Coasters
67 Steel Coasters
88 Total Coasters
mrceagle

4/9/2009 8:14:08 PM
The head rests are way too big.

The coaster's new name is Bizzaro. Can;t say I like it. Not a fan of the concept of removing a superhero themed coaster and replacing it with a Villain theme.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
bumprnugit

4/17/2009 9:34:19 PM
I have always been of the mindset, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" but this is the same park that cut the nuts off of The (Riverside) Cyclone. However, the Bizarro concept intrigues me. From a corporate perspective, this can re-energize interest in the local market without having to build a brand new ride or re-theme a tired, outdated one. IF they tried this on Mind Eraser, would anyone really care? It would still be the same crappy ear-banging POS it is ("silk purse/sow's ear" syndrome?) My only concern is the over-sized headrest/speaker thingys, but maybe it won't be so bad with the stadium-style seating the cars afford. Let us discuss this further after Memorial Day, when Bizarro debuts. Who knows, you may fall in love all over again.
Canobie Coaster

4/19/2009 10:24:07 PM
I was just at SFNE today and I have to say that the park has done a great job with Bizarro. The new paint job looks much better in person and even the GP is highly anticipating the transformation. I saw the various cardboard cutouts added and they were placed extremely well, but they were nothing too special in my opinion.
bumprnugit

5/21/2009 10:26:55 PM
Well, I was at Media Day today, and the trains are really no better or worse than the old ones. Instead of getting your ankles and crotch locked, you get stapled at the thighs. There is a way to position yourself to prevent a hard lockdown, but I will not promote anything that the park might consider not to be in a guest's best interest (hint: tiptoes.) I am pretty beat right now, but suffice to say the front seat is still one of the best rides out there. 10 or 15 years ago I probably would have cycled for 10 or more rides, but I maxed at 23 today. I am pretty beat right now and too lazy to upload pics here. I will try, but some of the other competing sites have already beat me to it. None though have SFNE Pres. Larry Litton in the front seat w/ Ms. Massachusetts, because they cut in line and took my ride! I will work on posting them, unless this place truly is dead.
BTW, the park did a GREAT job today with the event. Overall, the ride theming is done really well although it might not please everyone. I am really looking forward to a night ride, as the effects just lend themselves to it.
Message updated 5/21/2009 10:34:43 PM by bumprnugit
Animan1

5/22/2009 9:38:28 PM
Good to hear, bumprnugit...I'm looking forward to my first ride on S:RoS (err, Bizzaro) when I visit the park in July.

---------------------
"..Impossibility is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools."..

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Coaster Count: 120
mrceagle

5/24/2009 4:09:17 PM
It's still a great ride and some of hat was added is very enjoyable

have a trip report posted!
http://themeparkcritic.com/Forums/ViewTopic.aspx?ForumKey=9&TopicID=178941
bumprnugit

5/27/2009 11:10:05 PM
Mcreagle, what are you using to post pics as opposed to links? FAQ is down. I tried photobucket which works elsewhere, but not here. I have seen your stuff on flickr. Is that the trick?
Message updated 5/27/2009 11:13:35 PM by bumprnugit
mrceagle

5/31/2009 2:14:39 PM
I use flicker
Think it the site clips strangly. you can't have uppercase URL tags.
SO you have to go through teh entire post and Chang all teh tags to get it to work.

but with Flicker you can do direct links so you can use the sites image buttons.
Timberman

6/21/2009 1:48:30 PM
Those seats look sort of like a mean version of E.T. I'm generally of the view that less is more in the design of coaster carriages, but I'd like to give this thing a whirl.
mrceagle

6/24/2009 12:07:43 AM
If your on a trip do it. I wouldn't suggest making a special trip for it. It's still superman just with Sound effects and music blasting in your ears.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and done right." Walt Disney
skierman

1/6/2010 1:31:13 PM
The ride definitely isn't the same as it used to be but it's definitely still enjoyable...the new restraints are at least slightly better than the older ones.

---------------------

mrceagle

5/5/2010 5:30:26 PM
The newer restraints are better. Now if they could just do something about the volume on teh sound system.
Canobie Coaster

7/25/2010 10:41:55 PM
Personally, I liked S:ROS's old restraints better (even with the modifications) since the newer ones can cause me to be stapled in fairly hard. Now, the ride just seems to have a bit less airtime and the music is annoying rather than enjoyable.

While I personally think that the ride didn't get better, it was a major win for the park since they were really able to market the transformation and the park seemed busier last year when I went several times.
figeb14927

4/5/2024 4:51:02 PM
I hear you! Those speaker headrests do look concerning for anyone stuck in the back. While I dig the removal of the lapbars, getting rid of the view isn't exactly a trade-off I'd be happy with. Maybe they are going for a more front-seat focused https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/academized-reviewing-a-popular-academic-writing-service/ar-AA1jxbUC# experience? Either way, not the best design for a full thrill ride.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics