Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Knoebels Update
The Lado

2/28/2009 11:57:47 PM
Hello everyone!

I don't have much news about Knoebels, but as I enter my 12th season, in some form at the park, I wanted to tell you what I know. More info. will come in the future.

Overland- As of two weeks ago the coaster was almost completely down. I've been told that it just couldnt be welded anymore. In the past, their has also been come problems with the ride, other then welding. Although I havent confirmed it with anyone from the park, it seems another childrens coaster will be comming to the park. A few months ago I did see diagrams for a coaster, so I'm confident in telling this info.

Two other childrens rides will enter the park this year. They will be placed next to the Mixer and one down in Kiddie Land.

Next to the Rockin Tug, they have constructed a very nice roof to cover the restored fire truck.

No current info. about the Turns

http://www.daladophotography.com/gallery/3183016_TZKa3

(Theres a few photos of the Overland and few other new shots.)

I'm going down to the park this weekend, so maybe I'll have some more info.

Dalado
bumprnugit

3/6/2009 9:34:24 PM
Cut-n-paste from Screamscape:
> Flying Turns - (3/1/09) I’ve got a bit of disappointing news to share today about the Flying Turns. While at one point apparently they were fairly confident that the Flying Turns would finally be ready to roll for the ACE Spring Preservation event (May 15-17), it was announced to ACE members that due to “drastic construction issues” the ride may not be ready after all. Instead a walking “Trough Tour” of the ride is being planned right now. <
Hopefully FT won't become a flying white elephant. I was (and still am) skeptical on how faithful this re-creation would be in order to stand-up to today's strict safety codes. Hopefully Knoebel's can resolve whatever the issue (ride speed perhaps?) They may be faced with either drastic re-profiling or "gasp" peppering the course with trim brakes.

---------------------
Life can be hilariously cruel.
Canobie Coaster

3/7/2009 7:10:04 AM
^ I'm sure Knoebels will finally get this coaster open eventually, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

And regarding the High Speed Thrill Coaster, it's not that surprising it has been removed due to how difficult it must have been to get parts and weld it as you mentioned, but at least they have the Golden Nugget to add to the park in the future.

---------------------
Track Record
21 Wood Coasters
67 Steel Coasters
88 Total Coasters
The Lado

3/13/2009 11:14:40 PM
Yeah, I havent uploaded these photos yet, I forgot, but they took the entire trough section out between the brake run and the final lift. I didn't run into anybody, but I know they were near the top working on something.

D.
Hercules

3/17/2009 10:11:44 AM
It was said at Eastcoaster that there would be a modified Miler coaster taking the place of HSTC.

I spoke with someone at the park 2 weeks ago, and they confirmed that, and said they are shooting for a July opening.

---------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

mrceagle

3/17/2009 10:42:29 PM
Quote:
Hercules said:
It was said at Eastcoaster that there would be a modified Miler coaster taking the place of HSTC.

I spoke with someone at the park 2 weeks ago, and they confirmed that, and said they are shooting for a July opening.

-

The same was said at Nor easter.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics