Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author What park was this at?
ABR

2/26/2009 9:35:28 PM
I came across a picture of me at a theme park by an attraction I liked as a 4-5 year old and am trying to figure out exactly where it was.
This is a little hard to explain, and may seem strange if you have never seen it.
Some park I visited had cages with bunnies (I think, or it could have been guniea pigs), there would be 2 little rooms per cage. The cages were glass windows on one side (similar to a pet store that sells dogs/cats.) One room was the bunny's habitat with food and water (one bunny per cage). The other room would have a novelty prop of sorts, the only one I can remember is a small toy type fire truck. You would put a quarter in a box and the door to the "novelty room" would open and you would see the bunny do something with the novelty. For instance, the "fire truck bunny" would go in and stand on the fire truck for a few seconds, and then return to his habitat and the door would close.
I've come up with a list of possible parks for this, based off of where I lived (Alabama), and the parks a can remember visiting, if anyone knows a self proclaimed expert on any of these parks:
Opryland--this is the one I THINK it was at, which might explain why I can't find anything about it, as it is a defunct park and I am looking for info on a very minor attraction most probably never saw.
Dollywood
Six Flags Over Georgia--I doubt this one.
Anything in the Orlando area--also doubt that one
We would travel to visit family in Wisconsin from our home in Western Alabama so I guess it could have been somewhere in the states of Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois (Great America?) if we stopped somewhere on the way.
For the record, I seem to remember it being at sort of a major park, not like a "Family Fun Park" type place like American Adventures in Georgia.
If anyone remembers this I would also appreciate any facts about it, like were these bunnies trained or would a treat pop out to get them to go from one room to the other?
mrceagle

3/1/2009 2:08:44 PM
Could you post the photo? I think I have an idea of what your talking about. A photo might help.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Canobie Coaster

3/1/2009 2:16:33 PM
Yeah a photo definitely would help. But that definitely sounds like something that would be at Opryland over the other parks you mentioned.

---------------------
Track Record
21 Wood Coasters
67 Steel Coasters
88 Total Coasters
ABR

3/1/2009 10:47:22 PM
I don't have a scanner or digital camera to do that with. It wouldn't help much though, there was a bunny in that toy firetruck behind me, that was it. But I could remember the way the attraction was. I believe it was in a yellow building, and there were two sides to it, with the middle being a hallway of sorts so the workers can care for the bunnies on each side.
There may have been something else on the other side though, that I can't remember.
But picture this:
http://www.affinityelectric.com/images/DSC00047.JPG
Similar set up, but it was outside and there were those slots for coins (similar to ones found on those little kids rides in front of Wal-Mart)
Canobie Coaster

3/1/2009 11:54:53 PM

http://www.thrillhunter.com/Opryland.html

Here's a great site of Opryland's old attractions. Maybe you can find it here.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics