Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hard Rock Park Files for Bankruptcy
Horizons12

9/25/2008 6:22:49 PM
Well that was quick.

From the website

".We would like to thank the hundreds of thousands of guests from across the country that came to experience Hard Rock Park during our inaugural season and for rating their experience of Hard Rock Park as comparable to the best that the major theme parks have to offer. We would also like to thank the local community in Myrtle Beach for their support in opening the world’s first rock ‘n’ roll theme park.

Regretfully, Hard Rock Park has closed for the remainder of the 2008 season to allow management to focus on restructuring efforts. Following the completion of this process, Hard Rock Park intends to re-open for the 2009 season and we invite everyone back next year to continue the fun.

Hard Rock Park will remain focused on delivering a first class entertainment experience to the hundreds of thousands of visitors who come and enjoy their visit to the Park everyday.".

And Here'.s a link to the closing FAQ

--------------------

Visit my Website!
WWW.DOMAINOFDEATH3.COM
You can now review the rides in the Ride Reviews section!
larrygator

9/25/2008 9:01:30 PM
Bankruptcy is not necessarily followed by the death of a company. It gives a company time to restructure. Granted HRP will have there work cut out for them. I enjoyed the park when I was there. Here are the pros and cons of the park as I see it.

Pros
1) - Location. Although many pan the location, Myrtle Beach attracts 14 million visitors a year, enough to support a park.
2) Atmosphere is wonderful
3) Food selection is varied and good for an amusement park and not ridiculously priced. For the record, I had Coconut Shrimp for dinner and Sopapillas as a snack. I don'.t recall ever seeing Sopapillas at another amusement park
4) Souvenirs - the best selection I have seen outside of Disney
5) Shows are excellent

Cons
1) Pricing - they need to adopt a lower entry fee and night time specials
2) Lack of Water rides or shade.
3) Weak and minimal flat ride selection.
4) Marketing is horrible. They can'.t rely just on the Hard Rock name to bring in people, especially the millions of vacationing families. The phrase ".Hard Rock". implies extreme to me and I'.m sure the general public assumes the park is a lot of extreme rides.
5) Expectations - I don'.t know who the genius is that predicted 3 million visitors in the first year, but that is foolish.
Timberman

9/25/2008 10:35:34 PM
No worries. I hear that negotiations are already underway to include this in the congressional bailout of failing companies.
nyeboy9

9/29/2008 11:12:10 AM
Whoa....I had no idea that this was going on.

Like Horizons said, that was very quick.
nyeboy9

10/1/2008 3:53:22 PM
Update:

The courts ruled that if you had a season pass. you get a six month extension for 2008. If you bought regular tickets, you can exchange them for 2009 tickets. NO REFUNDS ON ANYTHING
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics