Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Suggestions for a New Site
CoastrGlxy

12/31/2007 1:54:41 AM
I've been visiting TPC for a few years now and I value the opinion and input of the regulars here. I'm working on a new site: Theme Park Syndicate

It's similar to digg.com, but for theme park and roller coaster related news only. Users can submit news, vote and comment on stories. I'm having trouble with the categories of news that will make up the site. Right now I have:

Theme Park News

Roller Coaster News

Travel Tips - Could be links to coupons, travel planning tools, season pass sales, lodging deals, etc.

Web 2.0 - I wanted to highlight podcasts and blogs because they're an up and coming part of the online theme park community.

Cool Stuff - This is kind of miscellaneous category, but it may be merchandise like TPR DVDs and exceptional books.

Does anyone have thoughts on the categories whether it be to remove, consolidate, or add any? Any other general comments or suggestions are appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!
Message updated 12/31/2007 1:58:09 AM by CoastrGlxy
Horizons12

12/31/2007 11:16:13 AM
If you have a micellaneous category, it's probably best to just put the random stuff there and not mechandise. Add 'merchandise' as a seperate category because people may be looking for coaster videos but don't know to look at the "Cool Stuff" section to find them.

You should add a couple of photos to the main page as well. Nothing big, just something to give it a little more pizzazz.

Nice site though, I really like the idea of adding podcasts, blogs and the travel tips sections.

--------------------

Visit my Website!
WWW.DOMAINOFDEATH3.COM

*Freebird*'s Spamboard Demerit Count: 20
Message updated 12/31/2007 11:16:36 AM by Horizons12
sfo1

12/31/2007 12:23:49 PM
Very nice, streamlined look. The site contains some features (podcasts, RSS feeds, etc. ) that most coaster sites don't have. Always good to see an innovative coaster site, rather than a typical copycat model of existing ones.

I agree with Horizons, though, that the main page could have some "spice" added to it.
Message updated 12/31/2007 12:24:44 PM by sfo1
nyeboy9

12/31/2007 4:31:32 PM
I love the podcast idea. I wish we could do that on TPC. Like have a user make a podcast every week.

Anyway, nice site though.
CoastrGlxy

12/31/2007 7:38:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys. D0D3 is pretty cool Horizon. I'll most likely re-work the categories like you said. I don't want them to be vague, but "merchandise" sounds so salesy. Maybe something like 'coaster gear' will work.

As far as the look and adding a picture or something, I'll have to consider that in version 1.5. The platform this site is based on is pretty hard to customize. But I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Thanks again for the input and please join, vote and/or submit some news.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics