Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author I joined the dark side
mrceagle

11/6/2007 8:38:19 PM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
I think they should have park only season passes, then chain wide passes that cost the same across the board. I buy my pass from KK but rarely visit there. I would thin 80.00 passes that go chainwide would be about right. Lord knows I still would have made a killing last year.

MRC I disagree about X. 1. it is still very unique. 2. people will reride it to see if it is better. 3. Disaster Transport. That was a retheme of a failed ride and 15+ years later it is still going strong, even if the story makes no sense. Plus they use part of the building for fright fest. I would say that has been one of CP"s best investments.

I get your points but look at it this way.

1. it is still very unique. - Very true, but the factor is there even with the "Upgrades." the people that are going to react to that fact have already ridden it or are already riding.

2. people will reride it to see if it is better. - Perhaps. But if someone absolutely hated it they won't bother and the ones that will likely are already coming to the park. so it won't increase attendance.

3. Disaster Transport. - Interesting example and true. Though I don't think they invested 10 million or even 6 million on Disaster Transit. and like you said those buildings are used for more then just the ride.
Message updated 11/8/2007 1:02:48 AM by mrceagle
larrygator

11/7/2007 12:15:07 PM
^Hello, do you realize that when X is operating it always has the longest line in the park.

People want to ride it, plain and simple.
mrceagle

11/7/2007 12:57:42 PM
Quote:
larrygator said:
^Hello, do you realize that when X is operating it always has the longest line in the park.

People want to ride it, plain and simple.

Hello, Do you realize that those people are already riding the coaster? they are paying to get in! So anything added to the Coaster will not change that fact.

In order to pay back the 10 million they need to get new people to come to the park and pay to get in because of the update.
coaster05

11/7/2007 3:15:52 PM
New people. So every year they add a ride they must have a larger crowd then before. Then how can parks hold all these people. So if i go back to a park because of a ride am i a new person or an old one. do i help them make a profit or not. Is Gemini the only ride CP has made that they got credit for for drawing me to the park.

MRC sometimes you just make no sense. This is definately one of those times.
mrceagle

11/7/2007 4:23:55 PM
Ok let me Try to Explain my position.

The park is getting more attraction this year. Kiddie rides but Still attractions. That will require new employee, maintenance time, parts, etc. All of that coasts money. Now what they have taken out last year likely Evens out with that of Tatsu.

There attendance dropped last year. Even with per capita spending up they may have lost money. Thats money they didn't have to help pay off Tatsu. So they still ow on it.

Extra patrons are needed to pay for the extra costs. They are needed to produce the extra revenue in order to pay for them. If people spend pretty much the same and the same amount of people come you are loosing money. because your costs have gone up but the money coming in really hasn't.

Tatsu isn't in any way paid off. Yet they are Blowing 10 million on a addition that dose little to nothing to draw people to X. They haven't waited to make a large scale addition so that the last one can be paid off. Look at Holiday word and Hersheld ent. parks.

A new addition need to at least keep present attendance. Preferably Draw new attendance to help support it and the larger park. and yes parks rely on and count on a raise in attendance. Holiday word used to get only thousands not they are over a million. do you think they Could have added the attractions they did if their attendance hadn't gone up.

Yes if you go to a park your helping then raise revenue. but if they are spending more unless your new to the park or going more often your giving them nothing extra towards there efforts.
Scott

11/7/2007 8:06:32 PM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
look at tit this way.

I love a good typo.
larrygator

11/8/2007 10:46:21 AM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
MRC sometimes you just make no sense. This is definately one of those times.

I disagree.

MRC - most of the time you make no sense

--------------------
My signature has been hijacked!

Poop happens! That's why man invented toilet paper.
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics