Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Central Park carousel
Ri_L

10/25/2007 9:22:57 PM
What's going on with the Central Park carousel? Every time I go I find a horse that's broken. Last time I went, there were inner-row jumpers missing legs, and one jumper on the outermost row had a leg severed at the knee! This kind of thing tears me up inside. I can't stand seeing carousels so neglected. Does anyone know if it's being restored, who's taking care of it, etc.?

--------------------
- Ri L.
A woman's place is on a horse.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
10/26/2007 12:49:18 PM
Rest assured it's being restored, gradually. And by a darned good firm, to say the least - have a look at all of the figures, and single out those with evenly shaded paint jobs and leafing on the trappings. They're looking really good. Basically, they're doing the job slowly - horse by horse - so that the machine can remain open. You'll see several Allan Herschell stowaways on board, in lieu of the Stein & Goldstein figures that are in the shop. Hope this sets your fears at ease!
Ri_L

10/26/2007 1:19:17 PM
It does. Whew!

Next time I'm in Manhattan I'll go and give it a more thorough look over and find that excellent work you say they do. My favorite black horse, Constantine -- probably the lead; he's the one with what looks like a lioness on his saddle cantle -- always looks good. I bet he was done first.
mrceagle

10/27/2007 12:10:58 AM
Glad to hear they are doing so much to keep the attraction up. I have not been on this carousel but hope to on my next trip to NYC.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics