Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Park Photo TR For Tom
mrceagle

9/16/2007 12:20:41 AM
We arrived at the park just before 10:30 in the morning. It was the earliest we have arrived at the park this year. But our early arrival wasn’t for that ride rotation of Xtreme Frisbee, the first fun of Cannonball, or the fist shot of Star Blaster. Instead we were there for the memorial of Tom Marrow the parks operation manager. After checking in and being given a pin with black ribbon we walked through the park gates and shoed a few guests to the ball Field were the memorial was taking place.

The Memorial was nice. Many friends and co workers were on hand to pay there respects to Tom and his family. I was surprised to see a few park owners on hand. There were a lot of kind words and a final toast of Crown Royal, Toms Favorite drink.

After the memorial service we opted to spend the rest of the day at the park. What better way to honor Tom’s memory. So my brother and sister in law bought tickets and I already had one. I used the Family rest room to change. From there we headed for rides.

My Sister in law is pregnant so we hit up 2 rides we know she could go on. So the Flume and Mine of Lost Souls was first up. Flume is always fun got splayed by the new water sprayers for the first time. Nice addition gets you a little wet but not drenched. Mine was enjoyable but needs some work. The mine also has hand rails at the exit of the ride.

My sister in law grabbed an ice cream while my brother and I hit Frisbee. Good program solid spinning and height. From there we all got on the train and took it to the other side of the park.

We hoped on the train and headed to the other side of the park. We were making a point to hit the slower rides at the park. Lake Cruise was the only one we really didn’t hit. A nice ride but I wish they would operate the train a slightly higher speed.

We all jumped on the sky ride. I know it’s not that long but the ride does take you over and past some of the parks rides. It’s a great way to get off your feet since it’s a longer ride time wise then most of the flats.

The performers from Fly were out front climbing on the star and doing small stunts. They do this to draw people to the show. I made myself known to a couple of them and took a few shots.

The show, our last of the season, was enjoyable. There were a few changes since Chad was off that day. Della did s short segment in his place. The shows lighting had been reworked. It was much easier to see this time around. Took a lot of pictures but can only do so much with the camera I have. Talking to the performers after the show mostly Francesca. They hope to be bac
Canobie Coaster

9/16/2007 9:44:34 AM
Glad Canobie provided a Memorial service for one of their key personel. How bad were most of the lines when you went, in particular the Psycho Drome, Policy Pond Log Flume, and the Xtreme Frisbee? Also, the flume's sprayers weren't operating when I went in August. Where are they? Finally, I didn't notice the hand-rails on the Mine of Lost Souls while exiting earlier this year. When were they added?
mrceagle

9/16/2007 10:51:12 PM
The crowds were moderate busier then i woudl have expected on a Thursday with NH in school. The waits weren't terrible: Psycho Drome 15-20 min, Policy Pond Log Flume 30-40 min, and the Xtreme Frisbee 15-20 min.

The sprayer have been working on all my trips. There is a problem with the coin mechanism jamming if a person uses a foreign coin. some one else may have messed then up.

They weren't there on my previous trip either. I am sure they were recently added. in fact if you look at the larger image you can see dust on the ground from the drilled holes. So I would guess it was done very recently to my trip.
Canobie Coaster

9/17/2007 6:35:58 AM
I'll look for the sprayers next year. Also, the lines didn't sound too long. I'm not surprised that there were some crowds on a Thursday during the school year as when I went earlier this year on a Thursday in June, I had about those lines, only the Psycho Drome had a full queue line.
mrceagle

9/17/2007 2:15:51 PM
The park has School Groups in June and the Science days. this was literally a bunch of MA residents getting in a end of year trip to the park. The park was Busier the day before. from what I was told by managers and observed when I drove my in the afternoon.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics