Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Story Land August Photo TR
mrceagle

9/7/2007 1:38:14 AM
Since I already had Family going I thought it would be nice to take another trip out to Story Land in Glen, NH. I drove up to Meredith and met up with my family, and traveled with them the rest of the way to the park. We were delayed a bit do to Construction on the kangamangus Hwy. We arrived at the around noon.

The parking lot was nearly completely full and there was a line to get in. Luckily we were able to get right in through customer service since we had season passes. Since I got up early and headed right out my first stop was The Pixie Kitchen to get lunch. I Ordered Chicken Fingers, Onion Rings, and a Large Souvenir cup. The mean ran me $9.49 after tax.

The sun was shining it was a Very nice August day. August is bug time in New England so the park was alive with Buzzing bees and Fluttering Butterflies. It added to the lays enjoyment and for some great picture opportunities.

We opted to ride the Polor Coaster first. The line was better then previous waits but still 15 minutes, a great family coaster with a fantastic helix finale.

This was more of an extra trip to the park so rides weren’t on top of our list. We simply enjoyed the park. Allowed me to take a good amount of pictures of the additions around the park that truly makes it great that aren’t ride. The ponds and natural landscape have been worked around Instead of simply modifying them for the parks needs.

We made our way over to the Bamboo chutes Flume ride, always a worth while wait. Though the queue was full and well overflowing the wait was only 15 minutes. Got a larger splash at the end then I expected and came off fairly wet.

From there we made our way up to the Farm area of the park and Ride the Tractor ride. The full name is Henrietta’s Egg-traordinary Tractor ride. A nice track guided ride with allot to look at. They even have real plants on top of the Themed ones. The pe
Message updated 9/7/2007 1:47:31 AM by mrceagle
Canobie Coaster

9/7/2007 4:33:11 PM
Glad you had a great trip. What day of the week did you go on? Lines sounded shorter than last time I went (it was either a Wednesday or Thursday).
mrceagle

9/7/2007 4:48:34 PM
We went on a Tuesday. While lines were shorter it was busier then I expected. which is a good thing.
Canobie Coaster

9/8/2007 11:13:28 AM
Never been on a Tuesday. Usually I go primarily on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The park still seems to get the crowds that it had when I have gone.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics