Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hobo RR and Clark’s Trading Post TR with Photo’s
mrceagle

7/18/2007 6:47:15 PM
I tagged along on a trip to Clarks with my Brother and Sister in law since I hadn’t been in a couple of years. We got a mid morning start and got to the White Mountains around 11:00 am. We Pulled into Hobo to see if they were doing tours of the Yankee flyer rehab. They weren’t but they were having a celebration. Seems Hobo is turning 20 this year. We stopped and saw a couple of booths, toured the engine, and saw Clark’s Moxie car up close which was a big bonus.

We tried Moxie soda. Interesting, it has a very strong ginger after taste. We also tried some Hobo Stew and walked through the gift shop. Got to low inside information on why the Ferris wheel was removed.

Started raining a little but we wrapped things up at Hobo Rail Road and hoped over to Clarks Trading post. I paid he new admission price of $15.00 dollars and my brother and sister in law used there season passes. We walked through the door way onto the station platform and our day had begun.

Walked passed the Locomotive and looked at the parks new old Time Photo building. It has been expanded since my last visit and looks great. They can handle 3 groups at a time. After checking on prices we walked over to the Syrup cabin and then over to the small museum. . Saw a new gazebo that was added to the park. My brother said that wasn’t there opening weekend when they were there. So it was good to see then making small additions in the absence of a high profile one.

Form there we watched the bear show. This is what Clark’s Trading post is known for. And the show still doesn’t disappoint. The show is full of Puns and Tries to be fun while putting on an entertaining show with an educational undertone.

From there we opted to ride the train. With permission Granted we hopped aboard the Trains Locomotive. We try to do this at least once every trip. They were using the WMCRR number 2, Climax Locomotive today. They just installed a new boiler into it and returned it to service this year.

When we got back we watched the circus show. Fantastic performance, we ended up watching this show twice during out visit. The father did some Extreme limbo stunts and the Mother was mostly an assistant. The Daughters were the real stars of the show doing may complicated acts. The first show
Canobie Coaster

7/19/2007 5:17:03 AM
Nice pictures. I haven't been to Clark's in a while. Is it worth the drive?
mrceagle

7/20/2007 3:28:14 AM
It's a nice area and the attraction is enjoyable. You could always do a weekend and hit a few of the attractions. Next time we will likely Hit Clark's for the day and then hit Whales Tale for the afternoon price.
Canobie Coaster

7/20/2007 6:48:33 AM
I haven't been there in so long. How often do they change the bears in the show?
mrceagle

7/21/2007 8:29:09 PM
Not that often. I think they only preform 4 and they use the same bears for the day I think
To be honest I've never watched 2 shows in a row.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics