Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Six Flags Owns Cedar Fair
Hercules

8/2/2007 10:05:23 PM
It is by far terrible. They shouldn't even bother doing it. The park in the fall is nice enough.
Guardian20

8/9/2007 4:27:17 AM
well let me see for myelf

i've only been to 3 Cedar Fair parks, Camp Snoopy - count really count it its in a mall for God's sake.. - best rides Timberland Twister

Cedar Point - c'mon... best rides i thought were.... about 10 of em lol.

Valley Fair - I actually really like this park. sure i maybe biased as its my hometown park, but its pretty good i think. - Wild Thing and Renegade

for Six Flags i've been to

Six Flags America - tis ok, a lot of open space not being used. best rides were Joker's Jinx, SROS, Batwing and ROAR.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - was a very good park i thought on up and up, loved Superman Krypton and Poltergiest.

Six Flags Astroworld - was my old home town park and even then i hated the park experience, coasters were fine, but the park was dirty grimy, and safety sucked, how can so many gang members get in? - best rides were Serial Thriller, Texas Cyclone, Ultra Twister, and Batman The Escape.

Six Flags Over Texas - was by far my favorite park of the chain, i loved Mr. Freeze, Batman, Texas Giant, Judge Roy Scream, Titan and La Vibora.

Six Flags Great America - was only there for a short time plan to go there for a longer time. - best rides was Raging Bull, Batman, Deja Vu, and i guess Superman Ultimate Flight.

I've liked all three (now 2) Cedar Fair parks, and always visit again or plan to at least. With Six Flags i've never really had the interest, if they can't keep the park clean and get the capacity up then i see no reason to show up.

generic - no theming isn't bad as far as i'm concerned, i'm concerened of the park's atmosphere. and not every chain has the budget like Six Flags did with Warner Bros. look at this year only 2 coasters both Tony Hawks, both the same dang ride. look at Cedar Fair's line up, Maverick - original, Sierra Sidewinder - original, Renegade - original.

plus i see the parks as amusement run business. maybe if Cedar Fair decided to take a risk and build something big in VF like a B&M inverted or Floorless but its a financial risk. like Dick Kinzel himself says, they run the chains and add attractions based on ROI, Return on Investments.

With the exception of the coasters, the old owners ran the Six Flags chain ragged. they poured so much capitol in the parks - so much that you see before you in your parks, that they couldn't make a profit. Cedar Fair bought the Paramount parks and is now fishing for buyers. its a business. perhaps Shapiro when Six Flags can get its feet straight can begin making the Six Flags chain great again. until then Cedar Fair i like better.
Canobie Coaster

8/9/2007 7:09:52 AM
Just want to point out, Camp Snoopy wasn't owned by Cedar Fair, but it was managed by them for around 10 years. Still, I used to consider it a Cedar Fair park. Not a surprise that Cedar Fair didn't keep the park.
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics