Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author 4 hours @ Mall Of America
Scott

7/9/2007 9:50:16 PM
I was flying to Philadelphia for the weekend, and had a loooong layover in Minneapolis. I decided I would spend a few hours at the mall of America.

Minneapolis has a great train system that runs from the airport to the mall... very convenient!!

In terms of a general overview, the Mall is laid out essentially in a huge rectangle. This is rather unique for a mall and means that if you walk long enough on one floor you will return back to the same spot. Each floor is made up of 4 sides, and each side of the Mall has a different theme or decor to it. The shopping area completely surrounds a huge courtyard that is covered by a massive bank of skylights. This courtyard contains the theme park. The mall is cleverly designed so that it never feels over intimidating.

We are finally here!

The kite eating tree is really cool. I've never seen a swing ride that goes backwards.

This was a really great log flume... especially for being indoors.

Timberland twister was really awesome... I loved how it wrapped around the swings.

Thanks for a great layover mall of America!!
Message updated 7/9/2007 11:33:04 PM by Scott
Scott

7/9/2007 10:06:46 PM
Reviews

Ripsaw

*Yawn* - Nothing very exciting here. A bunch of turns taken at about 25 miles per hour. It's a little odd that the ride has individual lap bars for an undivided seat, but I carefully set both bars on my seat to the same level. As with all of the rides at Camp Snoopy except the Ferris wheel, the entrance is on the mall's lower level, but the ride platform is up at the second level. The first lift carries the long train into the treetops...yes, treetops; this is a lushly landscaped park. It winds around a bit, lacking in significant drops. Not too exciting, now, okay? The second lift shares a tunnel with the log flume, a tunnel which hides the coaster's maintenance shed and storage track for the second train. A bit more of a swooping course brings the train back to the platform. It's no major thrill machine, but rather a coaster for all ages and a very nice scenic tour of the park. 7/10

Timberland Twister

A great ride... easily reridable, with a great design. Several good airtime moments. It would have been nice if the ride were a bit longer - I don't know if it was worth $5. Very disorienting, but not sickening. Never a long line.. A spinner done right! 9/10

Log Chute

A decent log flume. The theming is acceptable, and there was no line. The drops were very fun. I barely got wet. Decent for an indoor flume. I still prefer the flume at circus circus. 8/10
Message updated 7/9/2007 10:17:31 PM by Scott
Canobie Coaster

7/11/2007 5:21:26 PM
Nice pictures of the rides. I never knew that the Kite Eating Tree went backwards. How fast does it go?
Scott

7/11/2007 10:46:49 PM
Quote:
King Yoshi said:
Nice pictures of the rides. I never knew that the Kite Eating Tree went backwards. How fast does it go?

The kite eating tree is relatively slow when compared to most other vekoma swing models etc.
larrygator

7/15/2007 7:26:32 PM
Nice PTR Scott - I must spend a little more time at MoA next time I'm in Minneapolis.
Hulda12

11/7/2023 1:54:14 AM
I recently spent 4 hours at Mall of America, and it was an incredible experience! From the moment I walked in, I was captivated by the vast selection of shops and the vibrant atmosphere. The sheer variety of stores, dining options, and entertainment choices left me in awe. Whether you're a shopaholic, a foodie, or just looking for a fun day out, this mall has it all. You should Read this and make sure to visit if you haven't already; you won't be disappointed. I couldn't believe how quickly time flew by, and I must say, it was a fantastic way to spend an afternoon.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics