Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 4 ] 1  [ 2 ] 3  4 
Author Next Major Attraction to WDW
tacoking

6/3/2007 12:46:48 AM
Yeah, the ride closes in July.
mrceagle

6/3/2007 2:42:02 AM
Dueling Dragons is not coming out. It's either staying as dueling dragons or being worked into The harry potter area.

This dose open up Disney to install the beastly kingdom. on of the reasons it was never put in was IOA had Lost continuant which was similar in style.

a stipple chase won't happen too low capacity, the horse style is too open and is a safety concern. thats why Knot's changed over to Soapbox racers for a while before removing theirs.

as for Busch getting them no. It's a derby as in a race. The Clydesdale horse's are work horses not races. they do not move fast.

Also the only Horse themed movie Disney have released lately was Hidalgo which sucked so bad it made Spirit look Great.

MK dose need attention now. People go for MK more then any other park in the chain. They need to better meet demands. The park But there are A few easy additions they could make.

May sound wearied but move Winnie The poh. They built that playground there and the old cavern area is going to waist. They could build a new Poh ride in there opening up the current poh building Could be used to Import the Alice in Wonderland Ride(DL has one I beleave DLP dose also)
Bring back the regretfully removed Mr toad. A proper toad hall could be Build in the Fantasy land/Liberty square Sky ride Station area.

Move High School Musical to MGM and prepare for a larger Show with HSM2 music as well. Use that stage in Fantasy land for a new Fantasy land ride. Maybe a 3D motion Theater with a Meet the Robinson's Theme They can have an Entering Today land at the exit.
metssuck

6/3/2007 9:23:21 AM
i get what your saying, your saying magic kingdom needs stuff but not a major attraction. you mentioned 3d shows and family dark rides. i'm sure magic kingdom will continue to get those types of things. i meant that they don't need any major attraction. as the steeplechase is concerned, do you believe there will ever be another one built ever? and i just read on screamscape that the site operator there believes it is time for beastly kingdom as well. and i read on themeparkinsider that deuling dragons is staying but getting rethemed into the harry potter stuff.
thare

6/3/2007 10:42:40 AM
MK will always get little stuff, but what I was saying was a big ride. MK will never in the close future get a new big ride. Disney needs to focus on the other 3 parks first. I hope Disney responds to the new Harry Potter attractions.
tacoking

6/3/2007 2:34:26 PM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
Dueling Dragons is not coming out. It's either staying as dueling dragons or being worked into The harry potter area.

You had to ruin the fun.

Quote:
and i read on themeparkinsider that deuling dragons is staying but getting rethemed into the harry potter stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised, but we don't know for sure yet.

--------------------

Airtime Central Forums
mrceagle

6/3/2007 7:09:47 PM
That is the case. but a major addition wouldn't be bad. The main case is to install something that isn't a play ground that every one will hopefully use and up the parks overall capacity. even it it's only a couple thousand it's a couple thousand they wouldn't have to turn away.

On the on they have I think they can install major attractions that aren't 60-200 million dollars.

I think they also Should evaluate any attractions that are not getting as much attendance and see what they can do to market them.
thare

6/4/2007 4:53:44 PM
I think that they will focus on AK first, then they will work on MGM, then they will work on EPCOT. I think that MK is the least of their worries. Like metssuck said Beastly Kingdom would be perfect right now. Around 2012 or so MGM will need an Indy ride instead of a show because its time limit runs out. Disney needs to do something now because of the new Harry Potter news.
coaster05

6/4/2007 8:06:12 PM
Disney needs to focus on just AK and MGM and the new Harry Potter land will probably help Disney since it will bring more people to the area.
mrceagle

6/5/2007 1:00:46 PM
I agree the HP area will likely help Disney. MGM is getting a new ride and They need to rethink the layout of the park. If they want pixar then install pixar in MG> remove One mans dream they don't use the Animation studio any more. Add a Pixar area. Bring in the attractions from that Paris is getting. Bring over the Monsters inc ride from DCA. and design a few new rides.
thare

6/5/2007 3:21:37 PM
There won't be a PIXAR area, it would be the whole park. Mostly the differance would just be the name. MGM will not even be seen there. Also, why would you get rid of One Man's Dream! I love it, it is one of my favorite things.
mrceagle

6/5/2007 6:32:06 PM
Because it's a huge building your using only a small part of it. That used to be an active studio praducing some of Disney's Best movies. but Eisner shut the studio down. Why keep a Giat Building for a small attraction. it ca be reinstalled just in it's own building.

I'm sorry but Pixar park just sounds stupid. Especially if Most of the park is going to remain the same. If they want to change it to Disney Studios like at Paris and Japan fin but Not Pixar Park. Having a pixar park will also make it more rediculuse that so many attraction have been replaced with pixar character around the 4 parks.
thare

6/5/2007 6:40:23 PM
I agree that it is in need of relocation, but I would hate it if they got rid of it for good. MGM wants its name back to run its own park. This is not my idea, it is what I heard. I also think the name Disney-Pixar Studios sounds weird. Plain old Disney Studios sounds fine with me.
mrceagle

6/5/2007 8:02:15 PM
That rummer has been going around for years. I doubt MGM will ever build it's own park. You'll notice that Most of the attractions at MGM are not MGM connected. Twilight zone for example.

Take a look at MGM from a sat shot. you'll see how much room it open up also they can expand into the unused back lot as well as removing that 2 worst dead ends in the park.
metssuck

6/6/2007 6:49:37 AM
i think the pixar section would be better than the whole park turning to pixar. the rides could be the monsters inc. from disney california adventure and the new crush's coaster fro the walt disney studios in paris. ive seen pictures of that ride and i think it looks cool. i would some day like to see it in florida.
thare

6/6/2007 1:44:10 PM
mrcegale, I think that you should look at screamscape today. They have a bunch of things about Disney and Pixar. They also mention changes to Advetureland. I agree with you that the rumor has been out a long time. After you read that post what you think about what they said.
mrceagle

6/6/2007 9:04:53 PM
Metssuck your ideas seem to match many of mine.

Thar thanks for letting me know. Looked will talk about it in a second.

MGM -
MGM sat shot
In this pic you can see an image of the one mans Dream building. The formal Animation building. If they removed it and the adjoining unused studio buildings behind it they could open up allot of space. you will also notice that there is an easy path right to Hollywood Blvd. That could be a very large space for a Pixar section.

As for an Indy ride were the ABC studios is It's possible but if they do that I don't see Indy coming out any time soon.

more latter!
nyeboy9

6/6/2007 9:05:20 PM
If they want to make space, get rid of Sounds Dangerous. What a disappointment that was.

I seriously doubt that they will make a Pixar Section in MGM or turn an entire park into Pixar. It would be stupid for them to make "The Seas with Nemo and Friends", "Monster's Inc Laugh Floor", "It's Tough to be a Bug!", "Toy Story Mania", "Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin" or whatever it's called, and then they make a Pixar Park.
mrceagle

6/6/2007 11:02:30 PM
Well a section isn't an entire park. but I get your point. The Crush coaster could always be added to Living seas giving Epcot it's first Roller coaster. I would be a bit worried about capacity though.

Granted whatever it's used for that Building and the supporting building should be removed so that MGM can get bigger.
metssuck

6/6/2007 11:14:31 PM
i agree with nyeboy. they have pixar themed attractions at all 4 of there parks so why would they make a pixar park. but now that you mentioned that wouldn't it of been cool if they never would of added those things to the existing parks and made a 5th that was a pixar themed park. sections could of included a bugs life, toy story, finding nemo, monsters inc., etc. and about crush's coaster i think once they see how it does in paris(capacity, how the guest like it). then they will think of bringing another to florida. i like the idea of giving epcot its first coaster but they just put that clammobile ride in the pavilion and i don't know how much room they have if they could fit it in.
mrceagle

6/7/2007 2:13:18 AM
The capacity on that coaster form that company range from 650-950. There is a large area of land to the left of the living seas building. basically between the seas and land. It really were soring should have been built. I think Disney needs to get the 6 parks they have in Florida and the 2 in California squared away a bit more before they go an invest Hundreds of millions on another park in the US.
thare

6/7/2007 9:11:17 AM
I like all of your plans everybody. I also think it is stupid to have a whole PIXAR park when you already have rides scattered. That is why I don't believe the re-branding rumor is true. Like you said mrcegale, Disney needs work on the parks they have right now and then invest in a whole new park of its own. I love the idea of EPCOT getting its first coaster! I think that would draw a lot more people. I think the Indy ride rumor is true. I know that they will get one when they close the show for good. If it is like Disneylands than that will be awesome.
metssuck

6/7/2007 10:30:37 AM
i was on screamscape last night and i saw more pictures of crush's coaster and it continues to amaze me. the queue looked amazingly themed and everybodys favorite sea gulls are there. its gonna be good i mean you ride in turtles. i would love to see epcot get this ride in the near future. also on screamscape i read that the magic kingdom's adventureland will be redone in order to counter harry potter at ioa. the whole area will be pirate themed. every ride will be scrapped except pirates. swiss family treehouse will be take out for a new walk-through pirate ship. aladdin will be taken out. tiki room will be a new pirates themed show(possibly similar to the tiki room show). and the jungle cruise will be taken out for a pirate themed coaster themed to 4th movie that they are planning. the coaster will be similar to raging spirits at tokyo disneysea. but i don't think that will be big enough to counter potter, i would still like to see beastly kingdom.
metssuck

6/7/2007 10:46:51 AM
i just read the whole article on screamscape and i have some corrections to make about pirate land. it is indeed true that swiss family and the tiki room will be removed. the treehouse will become the black pearl, which will be a walkthrough. the tiki room will be refurbished to include a pirate parrot bird show. but at this time no one knows what will happen to the carpets and the jungle cruise. no one knows if they will be taken out or rethemed. they will not stay the same however. i could see them moving the carpets to the morroco pavilion in epcot and the jc to animal kingdom. the coaster that will be added will be themed to jack sparrow and barbossas quest for the fountain of youth which i guess the 4th movie will be about.
metssuck

6/7/2007 1:07:16 PM
i was just on screamscape today and there is more interesting stuff that could come to disney world in 2009 or 2010. the main stuff to counter harry potter at ioa is the new star tours film for the simulator, and the pirate land at magic kingdom that might not even happen. now there is a new RUMOR that mgm will continue to get pixar rides. they might get a crush's coaster type ride but themed to the movie cars. also they would get a ride themed to cars like the ride in paris. this would make a new cars themed section in the park. so if that happens scrap the crush's coaster for epcot idea. and sadly they might not pull beastly kingdom out in the near future either.
Hercules

6/7/2007 1:36:10 PM
^ Best triple post in the history of triple posting.
Scott

6/7/2007 2:55:49 PM
See that edit button metsuck?

I would suggest you use it a bit more.
metssuck

6/7/2007 3:17:30 PM
why is that scotty 2 hotty?
thare

6/7/2007 3:31:33 PM
Why would he use the edit button? Every post built of the previous. They are all different. Lets get back to Disney now! We all know that they will counter Potter, but we just don't know how.
coaster05

6/7/2007 3:51:05 PM
Why do you feel they will counter Potter. they have 4 parks compared to 2 and easily double universals attendance. The fact that you think Disney is reactive in the amusement industry is crazy.
thare

6/7/2007 3:55:08 PM
We all know they will put in some attraction, and I believe and others believe that the Potter news might speed it up a little.

Why did you call me crazy? I can have my opinion on what is going on in Florida right now, and what Disney might do.
Page [ 2 of 4 ] 1  [ 2 ] 3  4 
Clicky Web Analytics