Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Kings Dominion vs BuschGardens Va
dcinquire

5/27/2007 10:00:24 AM
I don't know if this is the right forum for the question. My family will be visiting DC in early June. We are undecided if to visit Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens. Some of us are not big roller coaster riders. We're also celebreating a 13th b-day and also have a 17 year old. Any suggestions on which park would have a better variety for a diverse family. Thank you.
Timberman

5/27/2007 2:54:34 PM
Busch Gardens has a nicer atmosphere and would probably be a more pleasant experience for the coaster adverse. Their roller coasters, while fun and fast, are also known to be very smooth and well-maintained. Kings Dominion is also fun, but the big draw there is clearly the rides, some of which might seem more dated or demanding than those at Busch Gardens. I'd go with Busch Gardens under the circumstances you describe.
ABR

5/27/2007 11:10:20 PM
I'd defenitley go with Busch Gardens, it's fun to just go and walk around and not go on anything, very beautiful park, plus, it's somewhat of a famous park. Watch a roller coaster tv show on the travel channel, Busch Gardens (VA) will almost always be on there. Kings Dominion is occasionally on there, but not that much. Plus, Busch Gardens has some nice "non-roller coaster" thrill rides with Curse of DarKastle and Corkscrew Hill, along with one of the last remaining "Skyrides". Only thing is that if you are simply driving FROM DC to go to Busch Gardens, you will pass right by Kings Dominion on your way to Busch Gardens, and you will have roughly another hour to go. Even if you are taking I-95 to get to/from DC, Busch Gardens will still be about 45 minutes out of your way on I-64, vs a quick exit off of 95 for Kings Dominion.

From DC, Busch Gardens=3 hour one way trip
Kings Dominion=2 hours
P.S. Welcome to the site!
RCGenius

5/28/2007 5:54:54 AM
Definitely Busch Gardens Europe. It may not have as many rides as Kings Dominion, but they're well-maintained & the theming that goes along with the rides there will make your experience even better. Even if you don't go for the rides, their food's off the charts & obviously since the park has been named Most Beautiful so many times, you can let the scenery & landscaping take your mind away from the troubles of this world. You can easily go a whole day at BGE without getting on a lot of rides. The coaster lineup's right with Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Loch Ness Monster, Big Bad Wolf, & the newly-acquired Griffon because they prove that quality's more important than quantity. Besides, King's Dominion's rides aren't the most reliable & their coasters are very short. I've also heard the park gets negative ratings for cleanliness & overall park maintance itself. BGE guarantees you one of the best theme park experiences you'll ever have.
larrygator

5/28/2007 10:00:00 AM
BGE - especially with a family of mixed adrenaline seeker levels
figeb14927

10/17/2023 4:14:26 AM
When it comes to comparing Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Virginia, it ultimately depends on your preferences. Kings Dominion is a fantastic choice for thrill-seekers with its adrenaline-pumping roller coasters and an array of exciting rides. On the other hand, Busch Gardens offers a more EssayRoo review immersive and aesthetically pleasing experience, with beautifully landscaped gardens, a European-themed atmosphere, and a focus on family-friendly entertainment.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics