Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Theyve Neutered Kilimanjaro Safaris
nyeboy9

5/22/2007 9:00:52 PM
How can you take a "safari" that already doesn't have much of my respect and make it worse? Kill the story. Disney for crying out loud killed the story behind Kilimanjaro Safaris. No longer is the urgency and danger that is felt throughout the ride. No longer is the search for little red or whatever the heck the elephant's name is.

Now, there is a new actor doing the voice of the Warden of the reserve. What's funny is that the old actor is still shown in the videos along the queue. There is no search for the elephant anymore, just a couple of "We've lost an elephant" radio transmissions. And the final scene has been turned into "Just lure him to me".

I can't believe this. They have just absolutely killed the thrill of adventure (if there was any) in this ride. What's worse is that they're saying this is the final version.

What's next for the wussification of Disney?

--------------------

Well, I hope that's when my trip is.
coaster05

5/22/2007 9:55:51 PM
The story was weak at best and I found it to be a distraction to actually looking for the animals. I would prefer that they just had guides like a REAL safari would have. The safari at GADV kills this anyway with no story or guide.
taylorb251

5/22/2007 10:08:02 PM
The story sucked anyways. I think that I will enjoy it more with a little less talking on the radio. I will see if I like it better in Sept.
mrceagle

5/25/2007 11:07:06 PM
Well the story maid a bit more sense when they had a dead Big Red and you then had to go save Little Red. they watered that down to a mere mention that Big read was down and off the chase went. I agree removing it and adding mild hints since if they're keeping the chase sequence they should give a reason for it.
Falcon 8

5/27/2007 7:54:09 PM
Why did they change the story in the first place? I didn't care much for the story either, im just wondering why they changed it?
mrceagle

5/27/2007 9:16:27 PM
From What I read. They wanted to Originally go the EPCOT education rough. With EPCOT not working as well as they wanted, they Changed there ways. Still wanting to Promote conservation they Borrowed the Bambi Story line to Create a Lesson of Poaching is bad. All the Radio Conversations and other info on Big Red and Little Bed were to set up the story.

Thing is the Original one had you stumble across the dead carcase of Big red. This would turn into that In tire chase sequence to save Little read from the poachers. The Dead Big Red prop didn't go by well with Children So it was removed. They then Changed small aspects to Imply that Big Red was killed.

Thing is most people Don't get it or don't even catch it. With the Slightly changed storyline to Imply Big red was dead instead of Showing it gone, left too much open. This last change over seemed to be an effort to Just drop the entire story plot from the ride and Worry about the animals themselves.
taylorb251

5/28/2007 8:56:02 AM
One question have anyone of you rode the new version or are you just whinning before you rode it.
BobFunland

5/28/2007 2:09:30 PM
Quote:
taylorb251 said:
The story sucked anyways. I think that I will enjoy it more with a little less talking on the radio. I will see if I like it better in Sept.

You hate the story but still gave the ride a ten? I couldn't give a ride a ten that had an aspect I think sucks.

I too think the story is totally useless. Narration of what we are seeing is all that they should do.

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
Falcon 8

5/28/2007 2:27:10 PM
Quote:
taylorb251 said:
One question have anyone of you rode the new version or are you just whinning before you rode it.

Who is whining?? we are just discussing why the story line changed. I don't know if you know the definition of the word whining?? ...maybe you should take a look on the Webster online dictionary before you spit out words you're not sure about.

--------------------
Falcon 8
coaster05

5/28/2007 5:41:12 PM
The title of the thread, to me, sounds like whining. I am sure he knows the definition of the word whining. I agree with him, because unless you have rode the updated version how will you know if it is better or worse.
taylorb251

5/28/2007 6:59:35 PM
Of course none of you have rode it. Bob by the thanks for taking the time to tell me what I gave the ride. I never rode the first version of the ride. The story line that was their did suck, but that didn't take away from my ride I can tune out stuff.

And for you falcon why don't you go review some rides before you go around tell us how to improve the disney parks.
Falcon 8

5/28/2007 7:52:13 PM
Coaster05 I hope your not directing your statement twords me because I have never said if I think the ride would be better or worse. Maybe Nyeboy9 liked the story they had.

taylorb251 since I have not gotten around to review the Disney rides yet doesen't mean I can't put my input of how to improve the Disney parks. I hope your not bringing our little world showcase discussion in this tread. I guess I missed the part of the rules sheet where it said "You have to review the rides before you put your opinion in the messages boards".
coaster05

5/28/2007 8:07:42 PM
^Did you write the thread, because if not then why would I be directing it toward you. Asking to see your ride reviews just gives credit to your opinion, course you can also just play the "is it in the rules" card also. Either way you will probably disappear for another 8 months so it won't really matter.
Falcon 8

5/28/2007 8:21:25 PM
Ohh sorry coaster05 did I offend you??? Im sorry if i'm not always here to write reviews for you and taylor to read or argue with you about the world showcase and Kilimanjaro but, if I do disappear for eight months because I have better things to do then to aruge with some dude on a themepark website, then thats ok. I'll be sure to come back as soon as I can.

Lets all just try to get back on topic.
Message updated 5/28/2007 8:22:41 PM by Falcon 8
coaster05

5/28/2007 8:37:18 PM
Why would I be offended, because your opinion is different then mine. Thats what makes the site fun if we all agreed this place would be boring, its just a shame that when people don't agree with you, you break out the name calling.
nyeboy9

5/28/2007 10:43:42 PM
I liked the story, so that's why I may seem like I'm whining. Like coaster05 said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.
taylorb251

5/29/2007 4:17:49 PM
Falcon you have time to tell your opinion on this thread, you should have time to write a review on the ride so we could see were you stand. But I guess thats not in the "rules".
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics