Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 3 of 3 ] 1  2  [ 3 ]
Author more rides for world showcase
mrceagle

6/29/2007 11:35:43 PM
That was simply an idea. But it's really the only area I can think of thats not represented. Switzerland might also be a good one. They can have that Wind mill ferris wheel That they had originally planed for DL when it opened. Some sort of water ride.
metssuck

7/3/2007 6:31:32 PM
as all you ppl have already known i love themed water rides. thats the kind of ride i want the world showcase to get as there e ticket. i don't care what country they put it in, i just believe every theme park needs a water ride(especially when your located in hot central florida), and disney only has 2 for its 4 parks. epcot and mgm need water rides badly.
mrceagle

7/3/2007 11:23:51 PM
While i agree That water rides are needed. I think That a coaster is needed far more. It draws more people, can normally have better capacity, and It's popularity normally lasts longer.

maybe they can build a coustom Mack water coaster.
metssuck

7/4/2007 11:59:33 AM
i love that idea. as long if its not one of those dumb short ones like the new journey to atlantis at sea world san antonio. if it was more like the jta at seaworld orlando then it would be great. but i heard a rumor that disney wants to put a water coaster at mgm themed to indiana jones. i would love that as well cuz mgm doesn't have a water ride either.
mrceagle

7/5/2007 11:15:42 AM
That is an interesting Idea. But we can talk about that in the other Thread.

I think EPCOT needs a standard coaster. Upper end family style. A USS Roll-R-coaster. Or maybe bring back a nearly dead coaster style the Suspended coaster. It wold be great to see one worked into another park.
thare

7/5/2007 7:36:40 PM
I would love to see a coaster at EPCOT! That would really up the capacity and hype. That is #1 in my eyes closely followed by a water ride.
mrceagle

7/7/2007 5:00:05 PM
There Capacity isn't a problem. it is at the othr parks but Epcot's capacity is through the roof.
coaster05

7/10/2007 8:28:28 AM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
While i agree That water rides are needed. I think That a coaster is needed far more. It draws more people, can normally have better capacity, and It's popularity normally lasts longer.

maybe they can build a coustom Mack water coaster.

Quote:
mrceagle said:
There Capacity isn't a problem. it is at the othr parks but Epcot's capacity is through the roof.

First- Wow!

Second a coaster of more then about 30 feet in height would look awful on the World Side. I could maybe see it on the future side. Course I realize how rare coasters are in this country and how "unique" it would be to have one of these coasters you speak of since you can't hardly get that experience at any other park in the country. Maybe they should just build it across that waste of space lagoon in the middle, or how bout they just get rid of one of those clone rides they have on the future side, since every park has one of those. I mean if I go to another park with a Mission Space or Test Track clone I am going to puke. Plus the Soarin movie isn't even custom made what a joke.

Why does the third largest park in attendance, need a coaster to help, when even thrill parks are realizing that they don't need new coasters. Go to a foreign country and look at some of their massive parks that draw most of their crowds based on amazing theming and overall park experience.

mrceagle

7/12/2007 2:29:15 AM
Yes and they already have that. The themeing is there and so is the experience.

That plot to add a new Country. and a new Coaster could be Built to house a coaster to fit into the area. Which is better they trying to get it added to another country. an interesting ride on a coaster platform would be unique. yes at it's core it's still a coaster. but what Disney can do to it makes it somethings special. How much of a technological breakthrough do you think they can fit in that spot?
coaster05

7/12/2007 9:20:04 AM
Bottom line for me a coaster on the World showcase side is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. The park does not need a coaster to compete, so why should they invest the money and the maintenance to get one. EPCOT is the most unique theme park experience on the planet and should do everything in its power to keep it that way.
taylorb251

7/12/2007 4:25:21 PM
People on here were bitching about how soarin look and you want to put in a coaster. Even if they do house it it will be bigger than anything else on that side and look ugly. If you want a coaster at epcot they should put it where wanders of life is.
mrceagle

7/13/2007 1:05:21 AM
again I'm not saying there is anything wrong with EPCOTT or it's set up. i keep mentioned adding another land yet that has completely gone over with no response because the aide of adding a ride especially a coaster seems out of the question to you.

The 360 movies aren't really worth your time. I don't know what you think about them. to be honest any attraction I can sit, would be a good idea to me. but the n again a coaster is purely a suggestion. They coudl add that Crush coaster to living seas and give Epcot a coaster also.

body wars is one of Epcots best attractions. i would personally hate to see it go. and the I'd also like to see Disney add more and not simply replace.
coaster05

7/13/2007 8:35:03 AM
Where exactly would a new land fit. Off the top of my head I don't recall an area big enough to hold a new country. The movies do suck and should be replaced, just not by a coaster. Body Wars is freaking awful and those simulators are way outdated. IMO that entire pavillion should be exploded. Especially when you think that Horizons and Motion were two of the best and they changed them years ago.
Scott

7/13/2007 3:42:59 PM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
body wars is one of Epcots best attractions. i would personally hate to see it go. and the I'd also like to see Disney add more and not simply replace.

Body wars has not been open for more than a year. The whole pavillion has been gutted and closed off.

It doesn't look like disney has any new plans for the area.

mrceagle

7/15/2007 3:03:52 AM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
Where exactly would a new land fit. Off the top of my head I don't recall an area big enough to hold a new country. The movies do suck and should be replaced, just not by a coaster. Body Wars is freaking awful and those simulators are way outdated. IMO that entire pavillion should be exploded. Especially when you think that Horizons and Motion were two of the best and they changed them years ago.

There is a plot of land opened that was once planed to be Africa. Disney added an African Themed Cool come but never developed the land
Link to sky shot
This would allow them to add a new country and add whatever ride they opt to with the ride worked into the design so it looks 100% in place.
coaster05

7/15/2007 10:11:22 AM
That looks possible, A new land would be great, just no coaster.
mrceagle

7/15/2007 7:16:15 PM
No no coaster! Water ride then

I think something like a new Country would add allot since it would be one of the only additions to Epcot in a while. Something has been taken out for every other addition.
Page [ 3 of 3 ] 1  2  [ 3 ]
Clicky Web Analytics