Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 3 ] 1  [ 2 ] 3 
Author more rides for world showcase
metssuck

5/28/2007 8:13:32 PM
coaster05 you make really good points and when i say really good i mean REALLY GOOD! but i'm still with the others cuz i go to theme parks for rides. and i have to ask you one question. if the world showcase got a major attraction would you go back or whould that ruin your whole love for epcot?
Falcon 8

5/28/2007 8:15:18 PM
Haha this is great. You want to know the reason why EPCOT attendence has been going up? hold on hold on, first just let me say this. Taylor why the name calling?? is it because I dont kiss Coaster05 ass like you do? and did you even read what coaster said above your post? come on your saying the same crap that he said.

Anyways not to get off topic here. Can someone please tell me where anyone said EPCOT is doing bad? I know I didn't. I'm not saying that EPCOT is doing bad and world showcase needs a ride right now. No that's not what i'm saying. You 2 keep saying, EPCOT is the 3rd theme park in attendence. Yes, I already know that, you don't need to keep repeating it, I have already knew that way before I got into this conversation.

You say that the world showcase has been the same and people still keep coming back. Yeah of course they do, all because of rides like Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin, etc. Of course people are going to go to the world showcase area.

Let me repeat this again, so I dont keep saying the same statement over and over again. I put it in caps so it is not missed. I KNOW EPCOT IS DOING WELL, ME AND OTHERS HERE THINK THAT WORLD SHOWCASE WILL BE MORE INTRESTING AND MORE EXCITING WITH A BRAND NEW ATTRACTION.

A new attraction will not hurt the area. I'm not saying each county should have a new ride, i'm just saying maybe one or two would be good. Im sure no one else (besides coaster05 and his little girlfriend taylorb) has a problem with the area getting a new attraction. Nothing will be affected, just a unique area with probaby a new unique ride.
coaster05

5/28/2007 8:35:12 PM
^Look any chance I ever had to listen to your opinion was shot by that post. Your use of name calling and abuse of the English language has rendered your point invalid.

I also never said that the future side doesn't need rides, I never discredited the fact that was some of the reason for the continued attendance, but almost no one seems to realize that people go to parks for more then the rides. Did you catch my statement about the older demographic, the use of festivals on the world side, the chance a ride could hurt that sides atmosphere. No of course you didn't since that would interfere with your name calling and your belief that the only thing to do at parks is to ride rides. Maybe your problem is the fact that you have not left Florida? I could be wrong, but looking at your profile that seems to be the case. There are millions of thrills, but their is only one park I know of the hast a food festival representing 22+ countries. Again for the 1000th time, why does that side of the park need to be like every other park in the freaking world. Why can't it just be what it is?

Mets I would probably still go, unless that one attraction was so far off base of what that side means to me. Then I would still visit, but it would no longer be my favorite park. As stated to Falcon and others I understand that a lot of people go to theme parks to ride rides, obviously I do also(check my tracker). That being said with all my park experience EPCOT still offers me a totally unique experience and that is why I love it. I get my new thrills from the future side and I get great food and amazing theming from the world side. I have rode so much I just don't need to ride on that 1/2 of a park.
Falcon 8

5/28/2007 8:44:18 PM
fuck you
coaster05

5/28/2007 8:50:03 PM
Quote:
Falcon 8 said:
fuck you

Bad language only belongs in the FON. And thanks.

--------------------
Aug 24 2006 A new level of fanboydom by MRC.

"True but my niece isn't going to get any more out of Disney they she dose out of Story land. Not to mention Story land has more rides and is on the same lever customer service wise."

Coaster Count-286
Wood-78
metssuck

5/28/2007 10:57:02 PM
coaster05 let me say something. one major ride like a flume or something is not gonna make world showcase like every other park. that brings the ride total for the showcase up to 3 which is still a lot less than any other park. also the older people aren't gonna turn on the showcase if a major ride is added. the showcase is huge so the screams won't be heard from around the lagoon, probably just in that country. and people aren't gonna say "i didn't like the world showcase because they had a thrill ride in one of the countrys." and i'm not saying they should at a 200 ft. roller coaster just a thrill ride like a flume or water coaster where most of the ride takes place indoors. a new ride would help the experience for the younger crowd and make the grandparents happy to see there grandkids happy on the ride. the showcase would still be a hit for older people and an educational experience for all but just with a major attraction involved as well.
Message updated 5/28/2007 10:59:38 PM by metssuck
coaster05

5/29/2007 6:12:42 AM
If all that you say is true, then how come no one at Disney has ever done that? Look this has become pointless and repetitive. I have my view on this and you have yours, which is cool. IMO there will never be a need for any thrill ride on that side of the park, because the "World Showcase" is just not intended or meant for thrills.
metssuck

5/29/2007 4:03:18 PM
i know that but a flume ride isn't even that thrilling. flumes are usually considered a family ride its just that they are big enough to be called a major attraction.
taylorb251

5/29/2007 4:14:41 PM
Alright I could see WS maybe getting a flume but MK already has a great one. One big ride would not bother me that much. But when they will never add many new thrill rides in the WS.

Oh Falcon grow up.
metssuck

5/29/2007 4:29:33 PM
mk's flume isn't just great, its phenominal. but maybe a different style flume,not a log but a boat like atlantis and it would be a great addition.
taylorb251

5/29/2007 4:48:09 PM
A boat wouldn't be that bad, it does get really hot back in WS.
thare

5/29/2007 6:58:49 PM
The bottom line is that some people think that it should be left alone, and some people think a normal ride (not a 200ft coaster) would be nice. I think a flume would be a great addition! It used to be rumored that a new Switzerland pavilion would be made with a Matterhorn of its own. That would of been fine with Disney, so everyone saying no new rides would of had to deal with it. Now that won't happen because of Everest.
metssuck

5/29/2007 7:36:32 PM
thanks thare but i already mentioned the matterhorn thing. but its good to see you agree about the flume.
coaster05

5/29/2007 10:49:19 PM
I just think that in 25 years if they haven't added a ride I don't see them doing it anytime soon. Especially with AK and MGM needing attractions so badly.
taylorb251

5/29/2007 10:54:29 PM
I guess thare you will have to deal with WS not getting anything big anytime soon. I have no problem with the way Epcot is now, but if they put something in, it's more rides for me. A water ride is not a bad idea, since it gets so hot in WS.
thare

5/30/2007 2:58:43 PM
I am fine with that because I like the World Showcase, but I think one ride wouldn't kill it. Believe me, I won't die because of this.
taylorb251

5/30/2007 7:30:11 PM
One ride would be ok but the title of this thread suggets "rides" more than one. Also I hope you wouldn't die over it.
thare

5/30/2007 9:49:00 PM
Thanks for your hope. I'm sure I'll be ok.
mrceagle

5/31/2007 1:31:07 AM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
I guess if you guys think EPCOT needs rides so darn bad then why do you spend so much to go there. The world showcase side does fine with little kids and fine with anyone over the age of 25. Adding any form of traditional ride would take away from the park, the noise and things like that would just mess up the feel. I have acknowledged that I definately want the movies changed, but that is all. EPCOT is currently my favorite park in the world and I don't want anything to ruin that such as a flume around Canada.

Bottom line MRC, Falcon and Mets you guys have the same ideas for every park in the world, which is what i don't want EPCOT to become. It is the most unique park in the world in its current set up and if you are so bored don't F#$@ing go there. They will still draw 10 million people with or without you so I think you will be ok.

The world showcase is indeed a vision to behold. Even though you can look across the lake and see 4 other countries you still can feel like your visiting that country. I agree a ride can easily take away from the experience. But Disney have made some amazing dark rides. I don't want to see an outdoor ride either that would detract, well I would like to see a Carousel, from the Countries look and feel.

a couple dark rides. The Arabian stories of Arabian nights from Disney seas wouldn't be terrible for the Arabian section. Replace one circle vision with a ride. Why not a Balloon ride over Italy. i know there cheesy ideas but I'm not an imagineer but there simply ideas. since they're enclosed the pavilions as they are would remain the same.

overall I want to see better shows. Like I said before the 360 theaters aren't working. and you have to stand through them which is annoying. I'm sure they could come up with some very unique shows and movie attractions to replace the.

By the way Don't lump me in with any one else. While I share there Views to a point on this I'm still voicing my own opinion and I'm very much on a mid ground. I want to see rides but I also like you don't want to see the World showcase lost. My favorite attraction EPCOT is American Adventure, a show. The rides are great but that show is why I go to EPCOT. in fact on my last trip to Disney we returned to EPCOT to simply see the show again.

also adding any other attraction to EPCOT that s marketable, with the 360 movies really aren't, would help out in Future world. Those lines would go done and Future world would get more attention.

Again I think the other 3 parks need rides and attraction far more. I can't agree with mets MK is perfect any more then I can agree with your World Showcase is perfect. MK needs a couple more attractions to up the parks capacity. There is room for them also.
thare

6/1/2007 8:56:28 PM
The WS is great, and some people have different views of its future. Bottomline is that some people have different opinions. I declare this discussion almost dead.

--------------------
"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved." - Walt Disney
metssuck

6/1/2007 9:03:38 PM
who gives you the right to end a discussion. you don't declare anything thare. i agree everyone has there own opinions but still this was a great discussion. i would like to hear what other people think on this popular topic.
thare

6/1/2007 9:07:48 PM
Hey met, they stated their opinions and I believe they are not going to change. Sorry for the declaration though.
taylorb251

6/1/2007 11:14:51 PM
^You are right this is a dead topic.
thare

6/2/2007 9:29:58 AM
Thanks taylorb251 for also saying this is dead. People have opinions and most of the time they will not change them.
mrceagle

6/28/2007 4:56:20 PM
To get this back on subject I have come up with a new idea. A new ride would be nice But like coaster said World showcase has a style that can be hurt Modifying area for rides. But The world showcase has an open area in the back corner not yet developed. I have heard Rumors that this was going to be Moraco but then they opted to put it in Ak. There is a Small themed cool zone there now. that could easily be moved between other lands.

OK so they can build a new Country in the world showcase. I'll say Russia because that Seems to be the Wigit of The site. So they Build Russia And within this new Country they install a major attraction. I personally would like to see a coaster. maybes base a ride of one of the Country's Folktales
Link to Falktales
metssuck

6/28/2007 11:07:24 PM
i'd take anything ceagle. your idea is cool with me. this area needs 1 major attraction and epcot needs atleast 1 roller coaster even if its smaller(thunder mt. type thing). thanks for bringing the discussion back to life.
thare

6/29/2007 11:08:21 AM
I just want something, something at all!!
taylorb251

6/29/2007 1:37:10 PM
Moracco is at Epcot. I do think that Russia would be a cool country for WS.
mrceagle

6/29/2007 9:12:03 PM
Africa is what I was getting at. There is a huge area that was going to be for that country but never got built.
thare

6/29/2007 9:33:54 PM
I would love to see Russia! That would be amazing.
Page [ 2 of 3 ] 1  [ 2 ] 3 
Clicky Web Analytics