Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Griffon Media Day
Timberman

4/12/2007 1:02:10 AM
Just to prove to all you naysayers what a modern and open-minded type of guy I am, I have made arrangements to attend Griffon Media Day at Busch Gardens Europe on 16 May.

Anybody else getting in on this?

I'm actually more excited about finally getting to ride the Loch Ness Monster after all these years, but Griffon should be a hoot as well.
hrrytraver

4/12/2007 11:19:07 AM
Quote:
Timberman said:
but Griffon should be a hoot as well.

timberman, the part of your brain that effortlessly makes puns and double entendre must be your primary calorie burner, the reason you haven't developed a spare tire on your abdomen as other males do as they gather decades.

that is mid-week, the 16th. is this an ACE event? will all the coasters be running? how much does it cost?
Timberman

4/12/2007 10:49:39 PM
Ht, my own "in" is as an ACEr. I think it's free, and I'm not really sure how everything else is supposed to work that day. I do know that you get a free "snack voucher." And yes, the 16th is a Wednesday.

Incidentally, if you didn't get your fill of roller coaster riding in cold, rainy weather at Coney Island, we're planning to hit Six Flags America this Sunday. I have a line on some $21.15 tickets that are good for that weekend and a return trip for Fright Fest.
hrrytraver

4/12/2007 11:25:38 PM
^i'd love to go back to SFA to ride JJ, WO, and SROS, especially on the cheap as it is, but i think it will be fright fest. that huge band i'm in, which i mentioned to you and mrsTimb in brooklyn, is rehearsing all day sunday (!).

regarding griffon media day, i'm not an ACEoid. i've pondered membership over the years, but not as yet. i'd love to ask you about it, perhaps a separate thread.

i'd like to go back to busch this year after a 17 year hiatus. i've been kind of ticking the years away waiting for that fifth coaster to justify me going to an expensive all-steel park with extensive "themeing". themes are largely a hrrytraver no-no, it's got to be really lousy themeing or none at all.

however, i LOVE schnitzel, and larrygator really likes the food at BGWE. so if they have good schnitzel, i could tolerate sitting in a fake bavarian brewhaus getting served american beers by virginia natives done up like alpine peasant wenches.

my needs for the outing will be: non-ace potential, schnitzel, beer, wenches and all the coasters running.
Cyclonic

4/13/2007 9:19:47 AM
Quote:
virginia natives done up like alpine peasant wenches.

I see nothing wrong with wenches

While I am not hitting SFA this weekend, I will be at King's Dominion on Saturday for Volcanomania
Timberman

4/13/2007 10:20:30 PM
Cyclonic, I'll be with you in spirit, but corporally I'll be busting my hump at clean-up day at T2's daycare center and then driving my kid brother to the airport. Let me know how the Grizz and Hurler are running, and bounce your head off Hypersonic XLC once or twice in my stead.

Ht, I anticipate virgin, I mean Virginia, wenches aplenty will be ministering to the thirsty travelers on media day, but I'll have to look into that other stuff. As for me, of course, the only temptress that can turn my head from Momma T is the wood-tracked she-devil, which remains paradoxically absent from BGW's quaint environs.
hrrytraver

4/15/2007 1:48:02 AM
^please let me know more info if/when you find out. send my regards to T2 & momtimb while coastering sunday (today in fact).

Timberman

4/15/2007 3:00:20 PM
^ Will do. The SFA trip was postponed, by the way, because of the weather. We will try again next week.
Timberman

4/26/2007 10:49:54 PM
So now we can take up to two non-ACEr friends to the big Griffon debut. The event is free, although this is not a regular operating day for the park. I'm guessing that means the other rides will be closed. This being an ACE event, however, food will still be available. Hrrytraver, let me know if you're up for the trip. It's a long drive for one coaster, but maybe they'll be cool and crank up a couple more for us if we ask real nicely. Even if they don't, you may want to come just for the peek into ACE sub-culture, something "civilians" don't often get to see at this magnification.
Message updated 4/26/2007 10:55:32 PM by Timberman
hrrytraver

4/26/2007 11:59:17 PM
^is mrs.timb in ACE too?

"free" coaster-riding doesn't rub me wrong at all. dian fossey-type immersive experience with ACErs doesn't discourage me, either. there are a few complications for me, one of which is i'm playing a show in DC the following night. i think perhaps i will use one of the timber phone numbers provided to me soon.

maybe cyclonic or someone else who has attended media days for coasters can inform us of the typical course of action for "media days". getting all those ACErs there and not anticipating a riot for appollo's chariot and loch ness laps seems unrealistic. i also miss the big bad wolf like i'd miss a cousin who joined the peace corps - i.e. not as close as a full sibling, but nonetheless if enough years passed without contact you'd be thinking, "man, it's been a while...i miss that crazy sonuvagun".
Message updated 4/27/2007 12:20:17 AM by hrrytraver
hrrytraver

4/27/2007 2:16:31 PM
found this coasterbuzz topic...

http://www.coasterbuzz.com/forum.aspx?mode=thread&TopicID=46858

sounds like maybe the park will be asleep completely save for the star attraction. maybe they'll invite fabio back? (did somebody somewhere already make that joke?)
Message updated 4/27/2007 2:21:45 PM by hrrytraver
Timberman

4/27/2007 11:24:16 PM
If you can devote an entire day to riding just one coaster over and over again, you may well be ACE material.

MommaT and even T2 are ACErs, although more so by marriage and lineage. Still, I expect the boy to carry on the family tradition when the time comes. Heaven knows he has the appetite.
Message updated 4/27/2007 11:25:51 PM by Timberman
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics