Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author To Whom it Concerns...
Axman

3/2/2007 1:08:59 AM
I just recived my ACE subscription, and uncovered some interesting news tidbits. I'm not sure how many of you are ACErs, or how many of you actually knew this information, so just bear with me here.

-Superman: The Escape at SFMM is in fact FOR SALE. First of all SFMM is dumb to try and sell it, second of all, SFMM is dumb for thinking that anyone will buy it. (I love new SFMM bashing material!)

-Flashback at SFMM was taken down in sutch a way, that allowed them to store it at an other park. There is reason to belive that the ride may be resurected some time in the future. Psyclone, however, has been torn and shreaded into little, tiny, bite-sized, pieces.

-Batman the Ride, formerly located at SFNO, and before that, located at Happy Valley, is still the only B&M to ever be moved from one park to an other. It rumored to have made its second move to Fiesta Texas, where it would remain in storage untill further notice.

-Batman and Robin: The Chiller not only lost its barrel rolls, but lost them for good. They are being replaced with simple, but effective, bunny hills.

-All five 1st generation freefall rides, including the defunct Sky Screamer from Astroland, have been placed for sale, but may eventually be scrapped.

-King's Dominion's H-XLC is also for sale, and the neighboring waterpark will finally get its remodel.

-The Hard Rock Amusemet Park has most recently been rumored to debuet a B&M Floorless coaster for its opening 2008 season.

-It has been confermed that SFGAd, SFGAm, and SFNE will be getting Wiggles World, while SFMM is still the only confermed park getting Thomas Land.

-Myrtle Beach Pavilion has been completely leveled, with the excepton of Hurricane, which is currently for sale.

Some of these things have been discussed in other threads, but I thought I'd just bring all of the info shreads to one place.

Oh, and Universal's Islands of Adventure recieved the 2006 Applause Award! YAY! FANBOYS REJOICE!
Message updated 3/2/2007 1:13:13 AM by Axman
Got_it

3/2/2007 1:26:04 AM
I told everyone that S:TE was for sale and no one believed me. That really makes me mad that they took the rolls out of chill her for good, I never got to ride it with them in there. That sucks that all the old drop towers are gone, I hope someone buys one of them.
Timberman

3/2/2007 8:24:52 AM
Welcome to ACE, Axman. I'll see you at the buffet table.

That's a bummer about Batman and Robin: the Chiller. I really liked those barrel rolls. Ditto the first generation free-fall rides; those are still the best drop rides, in my opinion.
B&M Fan

3/2/2007 3:03:24 PM
Hurricane is being demolished as we speak. Sadly, I have seen the pictures.
larrygator

3/2/2007 3:28:36 PM
^the SFNE wesbite says they are getting a Thomas Land, at least that was posted there yesterday as new for 2007.

Explain how SFMM can be dumb for trying to sell a ride and trim losses. Yes, a buyer in the US might be highly unlikely, but why not try. It is a big world out there and I could certainly see new park in China being interested for the right price.
Axman

3/2/2007 7:56:02 PM
This, believe it or not, is my 7th year with ACE. I figured, since I love this "thread room" thing we've got going on here, that I would post some tidbit info from an ultra-reliable source.

Timberman, though I'd love to meet you and all of the other ACErs at the table, i won't be going to any events any time soon.

I did go to the special Psyhco Mouse Event one year at PGA. I was the very first public patron to ride Psycho Mouse!
Axman

3/2/2007 8:06:34 PM
Now, back to the topic(s).

When I go to SFGAd in '09, I just might be able to check out those heartline replacements. My cousins said that the rolls were the best aspects of each ride, though.

Here's my SFKK/Batman The Ride Theorey. If we lived in a perfect world, this is what would happen:

SFKK would recieve the Batman from SFNO, and put it right next to Roadrunner. Then, they could take the Gotham city show, and move it where the Buccaneer was. That way, the park could have Gotham City, and proudly display it near the entrance. Blizzard River run could be re-named, ant that would be the last of the Batman things over there.

The Gotham City entrance could be right where you used to enter for the Sky Coaster. It would be perfect! I think that the river rapids ride should have a tropical theme, anyway, to go with Hurricane Bay.

Of course, on second thought, they could just replace T2 with Batman, and turn the strech of midway between the Gotham City Show, and Blizzard River, into "Gotham City".

Anyway, I see unusuall things in this park's future. KK is like the bastard child of SF parks. It needs Gotham City. They also need something to take up the hughe plot of land where Sky Coaster was.

Maybe the next S&S 4th Dimension, or, on second thought, something significanly less important (since we're talking about Kentucky Kindom, here) will take up that space.
Message updated 3/2/2007 8:10:52 PM by Axman
primogen18

3/2/2007 9:11:03 PM
I wonder if Dick Knoebel has ever thought about these first-gen Intamin drop rides. One would fit in perfect at Knoebels seeing as they are now rare rides begging to be saved. Knoebels could use a drop ride too and although I love S&S's and their tower complexes, my ride on Demon Drop at CP was more memberable.
mrceagle

3/2/2007 9:11:43 PM
Ya I read that news in the mailing. Hurricane is being dismantled no one bought it fast enough. there was a dark ride at the pavilion that is also sold off.

BTR is a pointless addition to SFFT. SFOT already has one. as much as I hate SLC's it would make more sense to give SFFT the SLC and TGE the Batman since every park around it in the US has a SLC.

i don't know how SFMM is getting any Kiddie area. Thomas is already released for SFNE and SFMW/DK So they would be more likely to add Wiggles over Thomas.
Axman

3/2/2007 10:24:13 PM
SFOT isn't part of this converstion. I'm talking about SFKK. They're the only park I can think of that could use a Batman.

B&M Fan

3/3/2007 4:31:03 PM
I don't think any more six flag parks should ever have another Batman, Superman, or Goliath!
coaster05

3/3/2007 4:55:06 PM
^What a ridiculous statement. With DC theming and the popularity of comic movies along with the 60+ year history of those licenses, why would you not milk it out.
B&M Fan

3/3/2007 5:35:12 PM
Because it is completely overused and nobody gives a crap about Batman anymore, there has to be better and more original theming out there.
coaster05

3/3/2007 6:19:05 PM
^No one gives a crap about Batman? You do realize that the movie was huge, that a sequal is coming, the comic and toy line are very popular and that is a name that spans generations. Do you also think disney overuses Mickey Mouse. Again SF deserves some bashing, but this is just a statement that has zero merit.

--------------------
Aug 24 2006 A new level of fanboydom by MRC.

"True but my niece isn't going to get any more out of Disney they she dose out of Story land. Not to mention Story land has more rides and is on the same lever customer service wise."

Coaster Count-286
Wood-78
Message updated 3/4/2007 7:02:04 PM by coaster05
B&M Fan

3/3/2007 7:08:54 PM
Well I will say, I really did enjoy the last Batman movie, there is no reason for it to be in every single Six Flags park across the country. As of right now, there are 13 coasters that contain the name batman across the U.S.. Yes, saying that nobody gives a crap about Batman is a bit of an overstatement, I would much rather, and so would many people, see original theming.
taylorb251

3/3/2007 9:25:44 PM
I think SFKK could use a batman ride. Atleast there would be another good coaster there.
mrceagle

3/4/2007 12:17:56 AM
Quote:
Axman said:
SFOT isn't part of this converstion. I'm talking about SFKK. They're the only park I can think of that could use a Batman.

Maybe you should read everything you posted. The ACE news post as in the #1 post mentioned BTR going to SFFT. My statement was Why sent it to SFFT when STOT has one. hell so dose Sea World. Yes one practical location would be SFKK a Practical location. I also mentioned TGE since a Batman Clone would be a much bigger draw for them then the SLC they have in storage. especially given that SFNE and SFDL the North Easts best known parks have SLC's

Now that I repeated myself and said a little extra you can understand were SFOT came from and actually supported your SFKK idea.

As for the Superhero names. i just want to see more characters used. Plenty of Villains and Superheros out there to use.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Axman

3/4/2007 12:24:23 AM
^ Thanks for making that clear.
larrygator

3/4/2007 5:36:06 PM
Primogen - I doubt Knoebels would go for a Intamin 1st generation Drop. One - it is too loud. Two - too much downtime/maintenence
Axman

3/4/2007 9:52:14 PM
I bet that they could fine-tune a classic freefall.

If they can save classic woodies, then they can probably can do anything.
mrceagle

3/6/2007 11:24:53 PM
Same trustworthy fun structure Quite trustworthy mag brake switchover. That would be my way.
Horizons12

3/6/2007 11:53:01 PM
They took the barrel-rolls off of the Chiller. They basically de-balled the ride. Good move GAdv. When are the brakes being placed on El Toro?
mrceagle

3/7/2007 5:55:30 PM
Quote:
Horizons12 said:
They took the barrel-rolls off of the Chiller. They basically de-balled the ride. Good move GAdv. When are the brakes being placed on El Toro?

Next year! remember SFI is on a tight budget now.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics