Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author "Walk on Wednesdays" at Kings Dominion
ABR

2/11/2007 2:09:51 PM
I was wondering about this "walk on wednesday" program that Kings dominion has for it's season pass holders. I believe they had it last year and probably the year before that (I think it was introduced with the "gold pass" program). Essentially, if you are a season pass holder, I guess you don't wait in line AT ALL? Which rides is this offered on? And is it like Disney and the fast pass system where you join the line (more or less) just before boarding, or do you go up the exit? Additionally, they say it's limited to the 1st 1500 season pass holders each Wednesday, anybody know if there are usually that many season pass holders in attendance?

I have never held a Season pass to any park except Six Flags America, which offers essentially nothing special except to visit the park all season (WOW), and the Park at MOA which really offers nothing special, so this would be something new to me. The only reason I'm thinking about getting a season pass here is because I'm visiting my aunt this summer, and she lives near Valleyfair, and I will be passing through Ohio to get there (Cedar Point anyone?), but these two are long shots, and I only get to Kings Dominion 0-1 times a year (haven't been in 3 years), but the Walk on Wednesday thing seems like something that might give me my moneys worth if I only make it to KD once, I could get on everything with no wait!
coasterf42

2/19/2007 3:20:35 PM
I've never heard of it, but I'd like to know more if it's true.

But you have to figure Wednesday's aren't the most busy time for a park anyway.
RCGenius

2/22/2007 2:09:09 PM
Personally, I don't think the deal's that great because like coasterf42 said, Wednesdays aren't necessarily the busiest day at an amusement park. It'd be more effective & understandable if they would use that program for Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
coasterf42

2/24/2007 10:39:57 PM
Also, I frequently visit KD's official site, and went there three times last year and didn't hear anything about it.
ABR

3/1/2007 12:58:41 PM
Quote:
RCGenius said:
Personally, I don't think the deal's that great because like coasterf42 said, Wednesdays aren't necessarily the busiest day at an amusement park. It'd be more effective & understandable if they would use that program for Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.

But still, rides like Volcano still see 30-45 minute waits on some busy weekdays, would you rather wait in line or spend that time chilling?

I actually talked with some friends from work who were season pass holders there last year, they confirmed it's existance, but didn't offer much more information as they always went on weekends. They did say that Volcano was one of the rides offered, they thought Anaconda was (this one here is one I didn't understand, it's almost always a walk on) and they might have said grizzly. They said they thought there was more, but once again, because they were there on Weekends they didn't really care.
Hercules

3/1/2007 1:07:35 PM
Quote:
RCGenius said:

They aren't going to offer something like this on a weekend. That is when most people will be going to the park. This is done so people will get to the parks on weekdays and the park can make a little extra cash on food and stuff like that.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

RCGenius

3/1/2007 2:15:44 PM
I didn't mean to have this program going on for the whole weekend, but I'd think that they could run it on Fridays because it might influence other people, preferably locals, to buy more season passes for this special event.
coasterf42

4/3/2007 11:15:13 PM
Kings Dominion is advertising walk-on-Wednesdays on their new maps. However, they still don't explain what it is at all.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics