Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Santa’s Village Photo Trip Report Winter 2006
mrceagle

12/22/2006 7:44:17 PM

Being winter we Dressed worm and in layers before leaving the house around 9:00 that morning. Weather report called for 40% chance of Snow and Cold and estimated 31 degrees. After a long drive which brought us through the towns of Carol and Bethlehem we arrived at the park. The park side parking lot was already filled.

I was glad to see snow had fallen and we would be walking through a White Christmas park. So we parked across the Street in there overflow parking lot.

We walked up to the line at 11:15 to see 4 reasonably long lines waiting for tickets and an equally long line waiting to get in.

We figured we would hit the Train first off. There were already long lines at Holly Humbug and there were a few problems with the sky ride. They had to use a leaf blower to blow the snow off the track so the sleighs would run right.

We walked back to the Polar Theater and hoped on the train for a ride around the park. When we got Off I notices Bill, an ACE member, was operating the train so I talked to him a bit. He introduced me to one of the maintenance workers. We talked about the Ferris wheel moving and possible replacement rides. The park has a dedicated team that will help in its future growth. One newer attraction is the new Mini Doe-nuts Factory. It was an Empty Building last I was at the park.

We wanted to go on the S.S. Peppermint twist first but it was down Maintenance had it up in 30 minutes of so and it was up the rest of the day. We hit the reindeer barn and looked around. I really like the new reindeer over the traditional deer.

We made our way across the park to see what they did with the new car set up. The rides new setup is nice and the cars seem to handle it better in the snow then they did last year. The ride though was a bit dull without the effects I had enjoyed so much. I noticed allot of lights around the ride. We would have to come back and ride after dark to get the full effect.

After the ride I needed to worm up the cold was getting to me really badly. After worming up we walked down the path towards Rudy’s it wasn’t blocked off like it usually is. I slipped and hit the ground once but it’s my own fault. I took a few shots of the area in snow. Worth the bruised ego!

Before heading back to the other side of the park we took a spin on the Ferris wheel. It’s a traditional Eli Wheel but it works and the park. A Nice relaxing ride that’s not too fast of slow.

[url=http://img302.image
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics