Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Author TTD and KK opinions
Koz2393

11/16/2006 5:27:09 PM
Everyone i talk to disagrees with me about this: I think TTD abd KK are good rides but a little overratted. They seem like one trick ponies- go fast go up go down. I think a great ride needs more than judt speed and hight. Anyone agree/disagree?
Hercules

11/16/2006 5:34:54 PM
This has been discussed over and over again on this site and I'm sure there is something deep in this forum that is exactly the same.
Koz2393

11/16/2006 7:36:58 PM
I couldnt find one.........
coaster05

11/16/2006 7:46:27 PM
I can't believe anyone disagrees with you. Almost everyone I know thinks they are good rides, but are still one trick ponies. I rode TTD twice I had fun, but it is not even in my top 100.
Koz2393

11/16/2006 7:56:41 PM
Guess i know some really stubborn people. My dad insists they are the best coasters in the world.
Hercules

11/16/2006 8:22:02 PM
What does it matter? Everyone in the world has their own opinion. If they think these rides are the best in the world, then let them be.
Timberman

11/16/2006 9:12:09 PM
I agree with you, Koz2393 ... and I personally never tire of discussions about how overrated these rides are. Still, while they may not be the world's greatest roller coasters, they do offer a rush that's hard to beat.
Hercules

11/16/2006 9:19:34 PM
I have to agree that these are great thrills and are really a rush. I personally feel that Kingda Ka is just that - a rush. I don't even really consider it a coaster. It is a rush. However, for some people all they need is the speed and the height to consider it the best ride they have ever been on.
RCGenius

11/17/2006 8:09:58 AM
Tell me about it. I mean speed & height's alright, but you can only do but so much with those two criterias. KK & TTD have so many technical problems that they're never able to run for at least 3/4s of the season. Personally, I feel that the height & speed limit are pretty much at an end. Besides, the 0-120 & 0-128 m.p.h. launches up the 420 & 456 foot top hats barely make it to the top sometimes. I'd rather have a nice long coaster that's high on the reliability scale & it has a lot of different elements as opposed to one-trick pony record breakers that can't even stay in operation for a whole season.
sowinski

11/17/2006 2:57:35 PM
I have only been on TTD, I had to make a choice the day I went to Great Adventure between KK and El Toro for my last ride of the day. I picked El Toro and have no regrets.

I like speed and height, but I also like some variety in my highest ranked coasters. These coasters definitely lack variety, so neither will ever be considered to be in my top 10. However, if this element could be included as only one part of a longer coaster, then that may be 10 worthy.

These coasters are like drop towers to me. I like to ride them, but if the lines are too long, I just keep on walking. These rides are just not long enough to invest a half a day in line for.
PhantomNik

11/17/2006 4:01:12 PM
It's weird I guess, because I fall into a most decisive minority in regards to this subject. I certainly do agree that the reliability of these 2 has been far from stellar, but I guess I give them a slight pass in that department based on the newness of the technology. Although, I would probably consider this as a greater detriment if I wouldn't have had the good luck that I've had in snagging multiple rides on these (well, multiple on TTD at least). I mean, when they run well, it is a marvel to me how efficient and impressive the rides and their technology can be. Perhaps that's the inner engineer in me.

Anyway, I certainly enjoy and prefer a coaster with a wide variety of elements and some length, a la El Toro, Phantom's Revenge, Millennium Force, etc. Yet, no matter how often I ride these, I just do not grow tired of that exhilarating rush of adrenaline when flying down the track at such blistering speed! Sure, they pretty much are one trick ponies, but to me it's one amazing trick! When a ride can still get my heart racing and cause me to experience extreme joy and thrills, then in my book it is a top coaster, regardless of length or whatever. It's just one of those "different strokes for different folks" kind of things I guess. Granted, I have a huge appreciation for longer and more "complete" coasters, but I still love these coasters as well! TTD still sits at #3 on my Top 10, and I honestly have no regrets in placing it there. In due time, might it slide down further? Most likely, but for now I will always be willing to hop in line and get some rides on TTD, KK, or any of the launching giants that may pop up across our coaster landscape. Does that make me less of a coaster fan/enthusiast? Some might say yes, but I really don't think so. The technology is truly fascinating to me, and I just love the feeling a ride on one of these delivers.

Oh well, that's my take on it anyway. But one thing I do like is how certain rides can be right up one person's alley, while others are left unimpressed. That's the beauty of coaster fanaticism - people's tastes in these can vary just as widely as their tastes in food. And as long as we're all having fun enjoying our own ride and coaster favorites, then what else could be better?

--------------------
I'd rather be coaster riding!
B&MRULES!

1/4/2007 11:51:47 AM
Ttd and Kk are trick ponies and i dont like them. I havent been on anyone and probly wont.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
1/4/2007 12:41:55 PM
Quote:
B&MRULES! said:
Ttd and Kk are trick ponies and i dont like them. I havent been on anyone and probly wont.

Ha, ha... sorry, but I just have to get a kick out of a statement like this - you haven't been on one, and probably won't... but you can jump right ahead of yourself and state that you don't like them. Yes, they are one-trick ponies, but that doesn't make either one of them an unenjoyable, or pointless, experience.

--------------------
"Fabulous and beyond conceiving, ineffably beautiful, is this fiery scintillation."

- Maxim Gorky, 1907, on Coney Island
coaster05

1/4/2007 2:06:29 PM
Quote:
B&MRULES! said:

Wow any chance of you actually becoming a good member is shot with this one statement. First it appears as if it was written by a first grader. It has 9 errors out of 19 words an amazing 47% of your post is wrong. Add to that my all time favorite of giving opinions on something you have not rode yet. I will be counting the days til you move onto another site.

--------------------
Aug 24 2006 A new level of fanboydom by MRC.

"True but my niece isn't going to get any more out of Disney they she dose out of Story land. Not to mention Story land has more rides and is on the same lever customer service wise."

Coaster Count-286
Wood-78
hrrytraver

1/4/2007 5:11:09 PM
i posted a thought similar to this in someone's comment column on a KK review.

a lot of people judge a ride by the buzz they get from it. me personally, i'm actually like that myself. the cyclone is my number one ride because the primal fear instincts it invokes, combined with liberating open air trains and vibratory energy - it just gives me a fantastic buzz.

regarding TTD or KK, you wouldn't say "o that heroin shot isn't enough, you should chase it with a cup of coffee and a tablet of prozac." if you want the trippy adventure of pot brownies, go ride el toro. but an intamin rocket coaster is simply a shot of smack, and that should be more than enough to get anybody high, even if the experience is brief and simplistic.

remember folks, apples and oranges look different, taste different and have different nutrients.
nyeboy9

1/4/2007 5:25:43 PM
^^You should read the discussion we had about B&M's grammar in the Thrillville thread.
B&MRULES!

1/4/2007 6:17:01 PM
fine ill go since you made me cry you guys are asses. i mean i just was here to talk about coasters since i have no one else to do it with. You all hate me and think im horrable. You really made me feel like dirt i just try to be nice and everything but you want me to burn in hell and that im horrable so ill just go after reporting you for ganging up on me.
Horizons12

1/4/2007 6:31:39 PM
When I reviewed KK, I gave it a 10 mostly because it's a rush and a half. The layout sucks, the length sucks, the themeing is blah, but the height, speed and anticipation are GRRRREAT.
Got_it

1/4/2007 6:37:18 PM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
Wow any chance of you actually becoming a good member is shot with this one statement. First it appears as if it was written by a first grader. It has 9 errors out of 19 words an amazing 47% of your post is wrong. Add to that my all time favorite of giving opinions on something you have not rode yet. I will be counting the days til you move onto another site.

Oh come on, he's not that bad, I have had some good discussions with him before.

--------------------
Wild Cat(LC)2006 Ride Count= 151

B&M did not invent the inverted coaster, they took a suspended coaster idea and made it not swing.

Prefabricated Track is for losers.

5+ Years still missing the "Riverside" Cyclone

adriahna

Skooter Junkie
1/4/2007 8:00:41 PM
Quote:
B&MRULES! said:
You all hate me and think im horrable.

Well, actually, it's not that we all hate you... but assumptive statements such as yours that I pointed out in this thread are bound to rake in a negative response. You didn't ride it, but you don't like it, eh? Yeah, that's going to make the folks who did ride it, and do like it (such as myself) not so happy... thus the replies garnered. So, there's your explanation as to why folks are jumping on your case just a bit - at least in this thread.
B&MRULES!

1/4/2007 11:10:05 PM
well im just going on how its going to be i rode powder keg and that launches at 60 and i hated that therefor you do the rest
Got_it

1/4/2007 11:28:13 PM
So you just don't like launched coasters?
B&MRULES!

1/5/2007 12:11:57 AM
preety much but i dont know if s&s, premier, and inta are different or what so i cant say if i dont like them or not
taylorb251

1/6/2007 8:28:53 AM
^^ God I hate reading your posts. So you rode one launch coaster and hated it. Now you won't ride anymore but you will put them down. I hate when people talk neg. about things they haven't done. It shows their ignorance and looks like they are trying to piss people off.
Got_it

1/6/2007 12:01:11 PM
Well you are pretty hypocritical, I mean you know nothing about him and you are putting him down.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
1/6/2007 12:53:16 PM
Got it, I think B&M has done a pretty good job of showing what sort of person they are in regards to posting opinions based upon a total absence of experience on a ride in question... taylor has every right to say exactly what was said. I have nothing personally against B&M, but:

1) Yes, they won't ride any more launch coasters, but did feel a right to put TTD/KK down;

2) They did talk negatively about something they haven't done; and

3) This sort of posting does show a level of ignorance, making it look like like they are trying to piss others off.

Is there something I am missing here? Feel free to explain.
Message updated 1/6/2007 12:54:12 PM by adriahna
Got_it

1/6/2007 1:14:42 PM
I know, I hate when people put rides down they have not ridden, I just feel bad for the kid.
tacoking

1/6/2007 3:00:18 PM
You feel bad? For B&M Rules?

Why?
Got_it

1/6/2007 3:54:59 PM
I don't know everyone is so mean to him, and I mean he really isn't THAT bad, never did anything that got me too mad.
B&MRULES!

1/6/2007 4:31:58 PM
Thank you!
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Clicky Web Analytics