Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Best Beach Park
jdale

10/27/2006 4:08:46 PM
What's the best amusement park and/or coaster by the beach? Of course Coney Island and its Cyclone take the cake, but then there's Morey's Piers and the one in Blackpool, UK.
RCGenius

10/28/2006 5:44:31 AM
I'd have to say Morey's Piers in Wildwood, NJ. I've never been to the park before, but I was going to go there about two years ago & I did a lot of research about the park. Seeing the Great White just being placed a few feet away from the Atlantic Ocean makes for an extraordinary view at the top of the lift hill. Also, the Great Nor'Easter looks like an amazing SLC because of its track configuration to weave around five different amusement rides & the fact that I haven't heard anyone say about this SLC being as rough as all the Mind Eraser clones. BTW, the one in Blackpool, UK's called Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
jdale

10/28/2006 9:10:10 AM
They changed the name to just Pleasure Beach, Blackpool though. But on topic, I don't know. I may have been to something like Coney Island ages and ages ago, but the only beach side parks that I've been to are the ones at Seaside Heights and the now closed Myrtle Beach Pavilion.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
10/28/2006 1:37:44 PM
Coney, Coney.... I'm comin' back to Coney....

... actually, I am headed there today, so as to get my Nathan's fix, pick up a caramel apple and check out the "Creepshow at the Freakshow". The only way to spend a Saturday in October... and then, then... back tomorrow, for a balmy Polar Bear swim. Huzzah!!!
Canobie Coaster

10/28/2006 3:07:21 PM
Palace Playland is the only beach-side amusement park I have been to. The best coaster there is their Galaxi. Obviously there are better beach-side parks and coasters out there like Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and Morey's Piers just to name a few.

Rye Playland is next to the Atlantic Ocean if that counts.
sowinski

10/29/2006 11:59:23 PM
I've been to some parks on the Great Lakes, but the late afternoon/evening visit that I had to Morey's Piers this summer was quite memorable. It was near Labor Day and the weather was overcast and breezy. Even if there had been no rides there, it still would have been interesting to sit down for a few hours and watch the large waves roll in, but with rides it was even better. I even saw some surfers. I didn't even know that people surfed the east coast.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics