Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author SoCal Disney Trip Report 10/1/06
larrygator

10/13/2006 12:33:00 AM
I got to LA on Sept 27th but had to be in Palm Springs that night, I tried to get my West Coaster credit at Santa Monica Pier but it was closed.

After three days of softball I got up early on Sunday, October 1st to get to KBF at the opening.

October 1st
Knott's Berry Farm
I really didn't want to spend a lot of time at KBF because Disney was going to be the focus of the day.
10:45 - I was running a little late and got on the Silver Bullet line. It is not completely forceless but weaker than other B&M inverts. Got in 3 quick rides before moving on.
11:15 - hit up the kiddie coaster Timberland Twister. With the coasters I had not ridden on previous trips out of the way I decided to hit some of my favorite rides.
11:30 - Supreme Scream, a nice tall drop ride
11:45 - 4 rides on Xcelerator without a wait.
I tried to ride Calico Mine Ride and The Log Flume, but both lines just stopped moving after I got on line and I still had a full day ahead of me.
FOOD ALERT - At Ghost Town Candy I picked up a square of Chocolate Swirl Fudge for $2.89 and then bought a piece of Garlic Cheese Toast at Fireman's BBQ for $1.25. I would recommend both to others, later in the day I got a Turkey & Cheese croissant from Ghost Town Bakery for $3.50. At least the park has affordable food that is pretty good.
1:00 - I get in line for my last rides of the day. Twice on GhostRider which is noticeable rougher than previous rides two years ago.

Disneyland and DCA
It takes me a while to find the correct "Will Call" window where a co-worker has arranged for a comped 1 Day park hopper. I knew California Screamin and Matterhorn would be down and had a checklist of other rides that it would take some quick feet to complete. DCA closes at 9PM and DL was open to 11PM, so I go to DCA first.
3:15 - I scan my ticket for a Tower of Terror Fast Pass giving me time to take in Monsters Inc: Mike and Sully to the Rescue and Muppets in 3D. Both were good, but Muppets in 3D was much more enjoyable than I expected. After riding Tower of Terror I head across the park.
4:00 - I get on the Soarin over California single rider line saving about 35 minutes. It was fun but I was surprised that the transitions between the scene changes were not better.
4:25 - Scan for a Fast Pass on Mulholland Madness
4:30 - rush through the single rider line for Grizzly Rapids, a hit or miss ride regarding wetness
4:45 - Maliboomer single rider line, the face shields completely ruin this ride.
5:00 - try to ride the Orange Stinger swings but the ride breaks down
5:25 - time for my Mulholland Madness Fast Pass but this ride breaks down as I'm close to riding I wait 10 minutes before leaving and assume that I'll miss this credit.
My schedule had me in DL by 6PM, so I head over there.
6:15 - scan my ticket for an Indiana Jones Adventure Fast Pass but I have 85 minute wait before I can ride.
6:20 - hit up the Splash Mountain single rider line that takes a little longer than expected (for the record, I like Dudley Do Right better)
6:35 - by a churro and get in the Big Thunder Mountain line and the ride is pretty much what I expected
6:50 - time to try a new ride Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin I was hoping the cars would spin more but it was still fun
7:15 - get in line for Go Gadgets Coaster and it dawns on me that I should try to head back to DCA to see if Mulholland is running. The parade is going on so I have to take a long way back to Indiana Jones
7:40 - Indiana Jones Adventure turns out to be one of my favorite attractions in the park with a great queue. Before heading back to DCA, I decide to pick-up a Fast Pass for AstroBlasters
8:05 - I get on the Mulholland Madness Single Rider line, not an exciting mouse but it looks good
8:20 - I get lost, but find A B
Scott

10/22/2006 4:38:48 PM
Sorry california screamin was closed.

Glad you figured out Fastpass, space mountain always runs out first.

Good TR.
larrygator

10/22/2006 11:06:47 PM
The only thing I should have done differently was pick-up a Space Mountain Fast Pass instead of Buzz Lightyear before heading back to DCA, as saving that 30 minutes might have gotten me on two more rides (Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room) later in the night.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics