Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Loss of passion?
Hercules

10/12/2006 7:11:59 PM
Have you lost your passion for amusement parks and roller coasters at some point in your life?

I know that I did when I was fighting social anxiety and depression. The really ironic thing is that amusement parks is what got me to stop thinking about social anxiety, but then social anxiety is what stopped me from loving them. That God I'm over both of those things.

I love doing it has as hobby and not as life. I'm glad that I have a balance.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

hrrytraver

10/12/2006 7:37:51 PM
i'm pretty passionate about a lot of things, roller coasters being just one of them. my focus shifts from one of my interests to another pretty freely and without reason.

i never lose interest in things which engage my creativity, such as writing, playing music, cooking, philosophy, and spending time with my girlfriend. however, when it comes to my choices in entertainment, such as roller coasters, traveling, reading books, or movies my attention varies from one time to another.

imo, creativity enables you to directly engage in and transform your hobbies, which contrasts things like traveling or roller coaster riding because in those situations you are primarily a spectator, and the creativity is "done" by the park/ride designers or the place/culture you are visiting.

music feels more to me like a lifelong friend and guide than roller coaster riding.

RCGenius

10/12/2006 8:26:48 PM
To tell ya'll the truth, I'm starting to get a little bit bored with roller coasters & amusement parks. It might be just because of me not being able to travel to newer parks a lot & still end up going to parks like Hersheypark, Dorney Park, & Knoebels every year. Maybe if I can go to at least two new amusement parks, my love for them will come back to me. Also, it's kinda depressing that I can only enjoy amusement parks during a certain amount of operation time since they're closed for the winter. It doesn't apply to any parks out on the West coast or in southern states like Georgia & Florida, but I doubt that I'll ever be heading to any of these parks sometime soon. My dream for being a roller coaster builder/designer's still strong & I still believe that one day I'll make a lot of money & retire early in order to build my own theme park from scratch.
*FreeBird*

10/12/2006 10:53:56 PM
Just during the long winter months (I think this is true for many people) but once spring hits I can't wait to hit the parks.
Message updated 10/12/2006 10:54:26 PM by *FreeBird*
BobFunland

10/12/2006 11:05:41 PM
yea... once in a while. I usually get over it pretty quick... like in May when I said I needed a break from parks and stuff and was at a park again within a week

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
tacoking

10/12/2006 11:50:23 PM
If you saw how hyped up I was upon entering Universal for Halloween Horror Nights on opening night...you would know that right now my theme park obsession is stronger than ever.

There was a few months way back when, before I was able to drive to the arks myself, when I was just like...coasters...whatever. Then I rode SheiKra, got my license a couple months later, and my interest was quickly elevated again.
Timberman

10/13/2006 12:56:53 AM
I never tire of the the darn things, but whereas I used to be happy visiting the same parks over and over again, what drives me now is seeking out individual roller coasters, instead of visiting the corporate mega-parks.
coasterf42

10/20/2006 12:44:43 PM
I invision that I will be at some point, but I will have to ride more rides and go to more parks first. I mean-I've only ridden 40 coasters. I have a feeling when I've ridden 80-100 I really won't care anymore. I've only been really into coasters for a year and a half, so I think some point down the road (maybe even next year) I won't give a damn.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics