Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Park Size
Hercules

10/12/2006 7:08:55 PM
Can a park ever be too big for your taste? Are you upset if you have to set aside multiple days just to do everything that you want to get done at ONE park? Should some of the larger parks in the country invest in more transportion "rides"?

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

RCGenius

10/12/2006 8:38:18 PM
To me, I think that I'd be disgusted with parks that're too big for my taste just because all of the rides would be so spread out & there would be a lot of dead ends that're obviously not pleasing to us park guests. Than again, parks like Hersheypark really need to expand their park size because for a park that compact, they've got to squeeze in over 60 rides in just 110 acres of land. In terms of transportation rides, I think that the idea of having trams in order to get around the park would be a great idea since we wouldn't have to over-exhaust ourselves with a lot of moving around. The most days I could ever see myself spending time at one park (i.e. Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Africa, etc.) would be two days. I think that the whole three-day deal for certain parks are kinda dumb because it's like you've experienced everything there in a day or two, but yet there's an extra day you've got to use up in order to make it your money's worth. That can get kinda boring. Yet again, most parks should only be done in one day in order to save yourself some money from spending multiple days there.
Hercules

10/13/2006 12:13:27 AM
Well, it's not so much that the park would be spread out. I'm just saying both in terms of actual size and quantity of rides. Some parks are now getting larger and larger and busier and busier. They are turning into multi-day parks.

Let's take Great Adventure. The place is huge to begin with, but there are tons of things to do. There are great rides to ride and shows to see and all that fun stuff. What if you flew in from Australia and only had one day there. The place is so huge, has so many people, and has so many things to do that are worth while that you might not get everything in on that one day.

Now, I'm not saying that Great Adventure is too big, but that is the kind of things that I am talking about. I don't think that anywhere is too big right now, but they are getting that way. Some of the one day places are trying to bring you back for more. It is good business for them if they can work it right, but is it really that good?
mrceagle

10/14/2006 4:46:28 PM
Yes and No. I enjoy having allot to do. I will often visit a park nearby for the shows and then hit whatever rides I can get on. Then I will return later in the season for rides.

But on a trip it's harder. I don't mind Disney Hotels and a campground on site, Transportation to and from the park, etc. But When we did BGW we were about 20-30 minutes drive and SFGAdv we were nearly 45 minutes away. that makes multiple days hard.

if they are going to get bigger which I don't mind they need to build the park and the surrounding property up to a resort style and not just a park with a parking lot.
tacoking

10/15/2006 12:43:27 AM
No park is ever too big for me.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics