Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Best Up-Charge Rides
Horizons12

8/29/2006 6:16:26 PM
Heres a simple topic, what are your favorite up-charge rides. If you don't know, up-charge rides are the ones you have to pay for seperately, their usually deemed more 'extreme' than other rides as well.

I have only been on 2 up-charge rides, ErUPtion at SFGAdv and Screamin' Swing at Morey's Piers. Both were fun, and pretty cheap (I payed 7 bucks for both, as opposed to 20 or 30 for something like a Sky Scraper or a Slingshot.) Eruption had the better thrill, obviously, but I actually expected it to be a bit more intense.

BTW, a little question for someone who has been on both versions, is there any difference in riding experience between a Slingshot (with the bungee cord launch) and the newer SpringShots (with the spring launch)?

--------------------
"if it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space." -Contact

Visit my website
The Domain of Death III
Visit my OTHER web site!
Hit by Pitch!, Documenting all the poor saps plunked in the MLB!

Conservatives: Corruption is all they know!
Scott

8/29/2006 11:06:35 PM
I love screamin swings. Great fun.
BobFunland

8/29/2006 11:18:05 PM
Star Flyer @ Magical Midway
mrceagle

8/30/2006 1:38:59 PM
Lake Compounce's Sky Coaster is really good. not only is it tall and fast but it's location over the park is allot more interesting then a large open field.

The only other Upcharge I've used was the sling shot that used to be at SFGAdv. very intense and Fun.
Timberman

9/1/2006 1:15:07 AM
I'm ashamed to admit that I've never ridden a Sky Coaster. I keep telling myself that the reason is because I don't think the relatively tame thrill is worth the hefty price, but Momma Timbers insists that I'm chicken. Of the ones I've seen, Kennywood's looks to be the best: very high, with a near miss over a concession stand and a nice return trip over the water.

What do you guys say? Is it worth $25?
Message updated 9/1/2006 1:15:58 AM by Timberman
hrrytraver

9/1/2006 10:17:09 AM
yeah good question. i've never been able to plunk down the cash for one of these. the slingshot at wildwood looks really wild. i love watching the springs in the cages compress at the launch.

i must say that imo these types of rides don't seem terribly expensive to operate to justify the price. the thought has crossed my mind that they charge what they do because a precedent is set which people will go for and also their capacity is so low that it deters unmanagable crowds.

any opinions?
coaster05

9/1/2006 10:42:06 AM
Skyscraper at VF was really fun. I a;so did the skycoaster at Oakwood. The skycoaster is worth it once so pick a good one.
Horizons12

9/1/2006 11:27:08 PM
I would definately ride the Springshot and Sky Scraper at Morey's Piers, but I never have anyone to ride with. The only time I go to Wildwood is with my family on vacation so my usual riding partner is my sister, who did the Sky Coaster and Bungee Jumping back in the day but is terrified of the two previous rides. I'm certainly not going alone because thats just no fun...plus theres that little bit of me that is scared of the two rides even though I know their just going to be fun.

It's like the Cliff Dive 'drop slide' at Ocean Oasis on Morey's Piers. It's one of those waterslides that just drops riders down a steep drop. I have always been afraid of these slides, but I finally went on it this year and it was nothing at all.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics