Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author compounce discounts
hrrytraver

8/6/2006 9:59:30 PM
hello there folks.

i'm planning to visit lake compounce next friday the 18th. i pulled up a thread in which some members mentioned they found discount coupons while driving around connecticut. several other members claimed they tried to do the same but failed.

i find the admission to be quite high, but a reasonable discount could easily slide LC into my "acceptable" prce range. i'm going either way, but i wondered if locals, new-england types had up-to-date info regarding LC discounts. i would be happy to go late for a half-day admission, but it appears they have removed this option. at least it's not apparent on the website. anyone know?

lastly, i'm making the drive from NYC area, if anyone is interested in making the short trek. a wild/wooly portion of me is tossing the idea around of driving up to canobie, THAN to compounce, THAN back to NYC. THREE wood coasters i've never been on in one day. a lot of driving, but could be fun......

--------------------
there are approximately 10,000,000,000,000,000 ants alive right now. the combined bio-mass of ants on earth roughly equals the combined biomass of humans.
larrygator

8/7/2006 12:10:05 PM
sorry I can't help. I'm one of those that never found the elusive discount coupons
Hercules

8/7/2006 12:55:08 PM
I was able to find a discount when I went, but that was just a freak thing. I probably couldn't find the place again if I tried.

Through searching a few sites and message boards, this is what I have come up with. Hope it helps:

Coupons are available at Subway, but I don't know their value. Stop & Shop cards give you $4.00 off for up to four people per visit. Tickets at AAA in Connecticut are $23.95 and there are a couple offices along the way to Lake Compounce coming from Massachusetts. You can find their locations on AAA's Hartford based website (search AAA Hartford on Google and it should be the first listing). If you have specific questions about available discounts, you can call or email the park and they will be happy to assist you.

hrrytraver

8/7/2006 1:15:14 PM
ok, i just spoke with pam, a LC staffperson. it turns out that area burger kings will have a 3-4 dollar discount coupon. also like the AAA discount, you may also purchase discounted tickets at costco.

however for my money, i will do the evening rate of 17.95$. they don't have this rate posted on their website, but it is still in effect. since my goal is the two wooden coaster, getting to LC at 5pm is economical and much more appropriate.
Message updated 8/7/2006 1:16:06 PM by hrrytraver
hrrytraver

8/7/2006 1:31:54 PM
alright, a new but somewhat related query.

i may try to tag up sfne with LC. the internet ticket rate of 40$ is somewhat bearable, simply because the grandeur and variety of the rides justifies a somewhat higher rate than a small independent park. however, the 15$ parking rate is ridiculous. has anyone ever attempted parking outside of sfne and walking in?
Hercules

8/7/2006 1:42:23 PM
I don't know about the parking outside of the park, but I'm sure that someone else will, but, I think I might be able to meet up with you for this little expedition. Maybe we can meet up somewhere along the way to reduce carbon dioxide emitions and go 50/50 on the parking and gas.

Email me - james_willis1@yahoo.com when you can. I'll know a little more later on tonight as to my status. I was planning on hitting up Lake Compounce tomorrow, but I would love to do this if I can.
hrrytraver

8/7/2006 1:47:18 PM
hercules, having coaster enthusiast company would be welcome. i'll drop you a line.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics