Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Spinmeister
Horizons12

8/4/2006 6:42:14 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the Spinmeister at SFGAdv? I see the arm sitting there surrounded by fencing with no wheel or anything else. That was the best Enterprise ever, an early one by Anton Schwarzkopf.

--------------------
"if it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space." -Contact

Visit my website
The Domain of Death III
Visit my OTHER web site!
Hit by Pitch!, Documenting all the poor saps plunked in the MLB!

Conservatives: Corruption is all they know!
BobFunland

8/4/2006 8:38:20 PM
Its now a stupid effin' smoking area, grr!

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
larrygator

8/4/2006 8:49:23 PM
that's exactly what it looked like today (no smoker's). That area of the park was dead today. No SpinMeister, Freefall done and Chiller closed.
Hercules

8/4/2006 9:06:48 PM
It's an old Schwarzkopf Enterprise that they just couldn't get parts for anymore. That's basically it. Pretty simple.

And that Freefall news is the best that I have heard.
larrygator

8/4/2006 9:19:27 PM
on a positive note the footbridge by Medusa is now open
Hercules

8/4/2006 9:26:33 PM
Nice. That is a positive and a negative though. It is a positive because it is nice to have there, but it is a negative because that might mean more people might get back there to ride it and it won't be a walk-on anymore. Though, the lines will certainly be noticeably shorter no matter what, which is kind of sad.
Horizons12

8/4/2006 9:37:12 PM
hmm...I doubt that they can't get parts for it at all but SF doesn't exactly care to go the extra length to do so I bet. Shoot, they may as well take everything out of that area and put in another damn coaster. Actually, I beg them to take that sorry excuse of a Musik Express away but knowing the park they'll probably relocate it.

And what's this about Freefall? It's getting the wrecking ball as well? Unless it's because of some mechanical flaw, I will be pissed.

Why does GAdv insist on keeping their worst flatrides? Musik Express, Autobahn, Flying Wave, Fantasy Fling...they all should have went way before Evolution, Rodeo Stampede, Jumpin' Jack Flash, and Pendulum. Those 4 flats that they still have are completely decrepit.
Message updated 8/4/2006 9:39:53 PM by Horizons12
Hercules

8/4/2006 10:36:56 PM
No, really, from what I hear there isn't a place in the world to get the specific parts that they needed for the enterprise. I can certainly believe that. It's just the same thing that happened with Togo. Once the manufactering of the rides ends after the company goes down, it is hard to find the parts that are needed.

Apparently the last day for operating of Freefall was this past Sunday. It always seemed to have problems, from what I saw, but all of those 1st genertaion Intamin freefalls are getting the boot at the parts they are/were at. That's not a surprise.

I honestly can't answer that one. Bad management? I know that Evolution rarely ran, and then they shipped it off to St. Louis and it runs flawlessly. I guess it was a maintenence crew not wanting to do its job thing? I don't know, that is all just speculation. All I know is that they really need to get some good flats into that place. A drop tower in the space of Freefall maybe? And hopefully a lot more after that.
Horizons12

8/5/2006 11:25:22 PM
Well, the only way you could get parts to some of those old rides is to actually buy an old one from another owner and then use it for parts. I'm sure there are other Enterprise 3's hanging around. But then again, maybe another owner of an Enterprise 3 bought the Spinmeister's wheel and cars and are going to use that one as parts!

Eh, they better get a Gyro Drop or something because those S&S compressed air towers are as common as roaches now.

As for their other flats, their Top Spin is going to need some new brakes with their horrible ride cycle. For some reason, they have a cycle which brakes the gondola all the time to prevent it from swinging. Now, isn't swinging the gondola the whole point of the ride? The brakes screech like hell throughout the ride, it just sounds and runs like crap. The only good flat they have now is Space Shuttle...SPACE SHUTTLE!!!

It's only a matter of time before that goes as well!
Message updated 8/5/2006 11:27:16 PM by Horizons12
BobFunland

8/5/2006 11:32:44 PM
Quote:
Hercules said:
It's just the same thing that happened with Togo. Once the manufactering of the rides ends after the company goes down, it is hard to find the parts that are needed.

As far as I know, Premier actually can refurb Togo rides and fill parts orders and what not. Plus, you have to remember, a lot of the ride is "outsourced" - just think of your average B&M - the track comes from Clermont in Ohio, controls come from Consign etc.

I know the "parts" excuse is used a lot, but honestly, I don't think that is usually the main reason for removing a ride. You can probably get anything replaced, but for a price that may not be worth it to the company (especially if it involves replacing more than just the broken piece to all fit together)

Just my thoughts. Sucks that the entperise looks to be done.
Hercules

8/6/2006 12:17:04 AM
I just used the Togo example because of King Cobra at King's Island. That was the first thing that popped into my head. And from what I can remember, that was a parts excuse too.
BobFunland

8/6/2006 1:23:43 AM
I know, I just wanted to toss that out there since I don't think many people realize that
sharkbait

8/12/2006 10:47:24 AM
It's really a shame they tore Spinmeister down. It was the best flat in the park! Why does SFGAdv keep tearing down their flats!? Centrifuge G-Force, Taz Twister, Jumpin Jack Flash, Evolution, Pendulum, Pirates Flight, Chaos, Time Warp, and I'm sure there's plenty more I missed... yet they keep the crappy ones like Musik Express and Fantasy Fling At this rate there aren't gonna be any flats left in the next 5 years! Does anyone know if SF has plans to replace flats or get new ones?

Also, I completely agree with you about the Top Spin, Horizons12. When I went on it about a month ago the cars barely flipped at all. When the ride stopped, I honestly said, "Is that it?" It's a shame, too, because that ride is really fun when it runs properly.
Hercules

8/12/2006 12:28:47 PM
Chaos is because they didn't want to have to worry about the thing killing people, like many other parks. Taz Twister was just because of the new area. The rest, all mysteries I guess.

I would have to assume that they are going to revamp the flats within the next couple of years. It would be silly not to.
Horizons12

8/12/2006 1:41:46 PM
They really need to make a fix for those Chaos rides, their not bad as far as ride experience. I haven't been to Keansburg Amusement Park this year so I wonder if they still have their Chaos which was ran most of last year while every other park had theirs shutdown.

And as far as SFGAdv's flats go...at least Coney Island is nearby.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics