Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Future of Giga Coasters
RCGenius

7/8/2006 9:06:16 PM
Do any of ya'll think that we'll be seeing some more giga coasters in the near future? Think about it. Millennium Force at Cedar Point & Steel Dragon 2000 are the only operational gigas in the world & both of them opened back in 2000. Unfortunately, one out of the 2 (which I don't have to say because ya'll should know this) hasn't been running for about 3 years. Personally, I don't really see more than like maybe two gigas popping out sometime in the future because the parks out there would need to have a lot of land to construct them & the fact that they're so expensive to build & maintain. Millennium Force was $25 million dollars & Steel Dragon was $52 million dollars. Do you really think that the majority of amusement parks today would even consider spending that much for a giga instead of a hyper? Besides, hypers don't take up as much space as a giga, they're relatively cheaper, & overall, a hypercoaster can change an amusement park's skyline for a long time & they're still thrilling. I wish that there was at least one more giga coaster (particularly in the West Coast since ya'll don't have any giga coasters), but unless an amusement park plans to change its overall appeal, I don't see it becoming a reality anytime soon.
mrceagle

7/9/2006 10:48:10 PM
I don't think you will be seeing many Giga's or strata (rocket) coasters much more. SFI said they are getting out of that market and I don't think they are needed at the paramount of CF parks. I don't really see any park in the US bothering with them.

we might see a few pop up outside the US. but now when Hypers get just as much of a pull cost less and normally have better layouts.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics