Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author The Future of Amusement Parks Across the USA
RCGenius

6/13/2006 9:10:12 PM
I know that we've had many threads about the future of certain amusement parks, but I thought that if we can combine all of the amusement parks together into one giant thread, it would be a lot of fun & this thread would be filled with lots of controversies & conversations with a myriad of opinions & point of views. What's the future for all of the USA amusement parks (in particular, the USA parks you've been to throughout your life)? Here are some of my ideas:

Hersheypark - After 2007 when they'll be adding in a mini waterpark back in Midway America, I can seriously see them put in a B&M hyper back in that area too because they're lacking a major steel coaster back there & it'd complete the whole roller coaster collection. Also, I can see them placing in an S&S tower that'll replace the Flying Falcon if it's removed & adding in more flats, like a Huss top spin, back in Midway America since there's plenty of space for them to add in more family rides. Finally, I really have a strong opinion of HP getting rid of SuperDooperLooper because the ride's just not pulling in a good line anymore, even on a crowded day. On a crowded day, SDL's waiting time can still be only 5 minutes & many people think that the ride's boring. I can see it gone & maybe B&M could squeeze in a compact flyer that'll make good use of SDL's terrain space with tunnels & many compact elements.

Dorney Park - I can see a GCI twister that'll compliment their steel coasters & their only wooden coaster, the Thunderhawk. It would stand about 95 feet high reaching a top speed of 50-55 m.p.h. & crossover itself many times for some strong lateral Gs. Also, they could add in a dark ride since that's one of the key components they're missing for it to be an all-around amusement park. Look at HP & Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge. They were in desperate need for an interactive dark ride & they got one.

Knoebels - After the reincarnation of a Flying Turns coaster for next year, they might continue their traditions of adding in unique flat rides that not a lot of amusement parks today add. Also, a classic Schwarzkopf looper could be relocated & it'd be a nice addition to an amusement park that could use a medium-sized classic looper to compliment Pheonix, Twister, & the future coaster Flying Turns.

Kennywood - Since we all know that they're getting a huge expansion thang going on from 2010-2015, the sky's the limit for KW. They might finally add in a looping coaster that's been needed for them since Steel Phantom's removal of inversions in 2001. A B&M invert that'll dive into the ravine like Phantom's Revenge & Thunderbolt with a great theme & landscaping would be awesome. It'd also be able to squeeze in 4-5 inversions while not taking away Kennywood's old fashioned charm. Finally, I can see them having a major overhaul in flat rides that'll attract more families to the park just like they're flocking to KW now.

Cedar Point - Other than a B&M floorless or flyer, I really don't want to see them build any more coasters for a while because they've already established themselves as "America's Roller Coast." They should be focusing more on bringing the whole family to the park & not just teenagers & thrillseekers. They could use thrill rides like a Huss top spin or a Rowdy Roundup type ride that'll bring in families.

Busch Gardens Tampa - They've got to have a major overhaul in flat rides sometime in the near future. They could add a top spin, a scrambler, an S&S drop tower, a Musik Express, a Claw-like ride (the one in Hersheypark), & many more. If they want to add another coaster to their solid coaster collection in a few years, I say that they should try to build a spinning wild mouse that'll be disorienting & fun at the same time for thrillseekers & families alike or an Intamin impulse coaster that'll be themed to have riders be blasted away from charging rhinoceroses or so'em.

Islands of Adventure - They should continue doing their own th
Message updated 6/13/2006 9:10:45 PM by RCGenius
penguin22

6/16/2006 7:39:19 PM
Hersheypark- I banked on a Huss Top Spin where the water play area is going, boy was I wrong. As much as I love Flying Falcon rides, they are becomign endangered. Morey's was alomst replaced two years ago. A tower could definitly be next in 2007, especially after hearing the Falcon being down so far this season. As far as a coaster, I always hoped for a B&M flyer replacing Wildcat, which I have disliked. Sooper Dooper Looper is a classic and shouldn't be scrapped, but RCGenius is right as far as not getting lines goes.

Six Flags Great Adventure- Hopefully a flat package is coming soon. Maybe a Screaming Squirrel, a more reliable Frisbee, a scrambler, and a few other family flats.

Clementon Park- Nothing is going to be coming soon with the way finances are. However, they should do something with Jack Rabbit. Either rehab it or scrap it. It's a great classic, but its being left to rot. Do something.

Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics