Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author When will the Coaster Arms Race End?
RCGenius

6/6/2006 8:53:24 PM
Do ya'll think that the record-breaking coasters phase will be over sometime soon? I'm only talking about the tallest & fastest coaster records only. Think about it. Intamin AG Inc. has built the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point back in 2003 & the Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2005. Unfortunately, even though they're both over 400 feet high & over 120 m.p.h., they're both unreliable & are a huge risk for riders to ride. Both parks are still trying to maintain their record breaking coasters, but I personally think that we won't be going any higher than 456 feet high mainly because the only mechanism for achieving at least 500 feet high's a hydraulic launch coaster. It probably won't happen because imagine how much prices would be to pay for a 500 foot launch coaster & there's no way an amusement park will be crazy enough to build a coaster with a 500 foot lift hill. I can see parks trying to break records like the longest coaster in the world or having the most loops in the world, but I think the need for speed & more height's over & we should be happy with the success of roller coasters for the past two decades.
mrceagle

6/6/2006 11:51:25 PM
I think that for the most park all of that is goign to go out the window. Look at the top competiters. SFIis under new ownership and managment and dosn't plan of addign 20+ milion rides. CP has lowered prices to keep there atteandance up and in time may parks will hit a rice cap I think. Gas, plan, rental cars, Hotels are all so high vacations aren't what they used to be.

These parks will have to addapt and i think thats goign to mean smaller but more though out coaster. Thing Thunderhead ofer TTD. both top raited coasters but Thender head had a hellof allot more to it.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics